Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT

Elks are not so LOLks as they once were... But I still believe they're overrated. They go as Justin Rankin goes. I do believe they're beatable.

Having said that, I don't think the Bombers are necessarily a very good team. We've sadly shown that too many times so far this season.

But, as always, I live on a hope and a prayer... For two points our way, no matter how it looks. Just find a way to win.

  • Replies 827
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • daniels with the down field speed of a fully loaded cement mixer

  • bustamente
    bustamente

    I can live with the PI on Kelly but the RTP on ZC has to be called or overturned by the CC

  • JohnnyAbonny
    JohnnyAbonny

    It’s like when MOS had Andrew, Biggie, etc running the room he just went totally hands off and never went back to actually coaching. He did some dumb **** with the roster his whole time here, but at l

Featured Replies

Toronto and BC are beatable, depending on which version of the team shows up (both them and us) but I don't have faith that we can get our **** together for a full game.

10 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Toronto and BC are beatable, depending on which version of the team shows up (both them and us) but I don't have faith that we can get our **** together for a full game.

and based on Osh's comments...any changes to have a beneficial effect don't seem likely. He thinks we are o.k

9 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I’m not a fan of Younger’s D either, but there’s still no excuse for missing that tackle. He makes that play and it’s much more likely the Elks don’t make that kick.

The players don’t get to be absolved of all blame.

So .. already in field goal range and Younger has DBs 10 yards deep off the snap of the ball. Missed tackle or not, he’s conceding an easier kick.

On 2026-08-21 at 11:40 PM, Mike said:

Let’s just go a little deeper here … how can anyone justify O’Shea keeping his job at this point?

Same goes for Walters.

8 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Toronto and BC are beatable, depending on which version of the team shows up (both them and us) but I don't have faith that we can get our **** together for a full game.

B.C came in here shorthanded, tired and with a first time starter. That was our best chance to beat to them and they literally ran all over us.

12 hours ago, Booch said:

and based on Osh's comments...any changes to have a beneficial effect don't seem likely. He thinks we are o.k

They may be beatable not not by us.

6 hours ago, MrFreakzilla said:

B.C came in here shorthanded, tired and with a first time starter. That was our best chance to beat to them and they literally ran all over us.

Agreed but it's not like they've lit the league on fire when healthy. Both teams have shown the ability to s**t the bed in games they should have won.

9 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Same goes for Walters.

Not that I completely disagree but Walters has … mostly done his job even if I don’t like his approach or philosophy. He’s had his fair share of whiffs but there are some talent issues I can’t even lay at his door until these guys even get a chance to play.

28 minutes ago, Mike said:

Not that I completely disagree but Walters has … mostly done his job even if I don’t like his approach or philosophy. He’s had his fair share of whiffs but there are some talent issues I can’t even lay at his door until these guys even get a chance to play.

GM's generally ger at least 1 head coach firing before fingers tun towards them.

Most organizations when faltering like us and there is prety obvious issues..can Coach first and see if the issues dissappear...well the well functioning ones do.

Turning both means total organizational overhaul on many levels..which we dont need..and with that too can come a yr or 2 where big fa's may take a pass until things get sorted..we dont need to go down that path....yet...deduct 1 thing at a time and see if the issues dissappear

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Most organizations when faltering like us and there is prety obvious issues..can Coach first and see if the issues dissappear...well the well functioning ones do.

Turning both means total organizational overhaul on many levels..which we dont need..and with that too can come a yr or 2 where big fa's may take a pass until things get sorted..we dont need to go down that path....yet...deduct 1 thing at a time and see if the issues dissappear

If the Bombers don't want 18-20000 showing up next year have to do something, I believe. They just can't keep ignoring the obvious. That this regime has seen its best days. Head Coach & coordinators need to be gone first. Walters gets an extra year or two to see if it can be turned around. And no coach, absolutely no coach from this staff should be promoted to head coach. A clean break has to be done. If they prmoted Younger to HC with his many years under O'Shea then that will be mistake #2. (With keeping O'Shea around as mistake #1). Nothing will change if thius happens. No one on this coaching staff deserves a promotion.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I think we need a repeat of what happened way back before the grey Cup runs. Someone tells O'Shea to get his head out of his ass and make some roster moves. We saw how pro-active Kyle Walters can be when there's a call for new bodies.

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

who’s up for a Head Coach Hogan redemption arc

Don't speak evil into the world

44 minutes ago, Mike said:

who’s up for a Head Coach Hogan redemption arc

In Ottawa right?

You gotta think if Osh is let go, it’s the lapolice redemption arc. Maybe even Coach Jake.

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Not that I completely disagree but Walters has … mostly done his job even if I don’t like his approach or philosophy. He’s had his fair share of whiffs but there are some talent issues I can’t even lay at his door until these guys even get a chance to play.

I agree, though Walter's refusal to be Mos' boss is worrisome. Though, imo, it is easier to replace the GM than a HC in the cfl today.

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You gotta think if Osh is let go, it’s the lapolice redemption arc.

That or Buck. I could see buck getting his walking papers in BC this year.

Coach first...G.M and the whole gang next if a coaching change is not the answer....No G.M is gonna take a job where he has a HC and his staff forced upon him

More often than not a G.M will get a second guy opportunity...especially with the success he had the first time. A G.m/HC removal I dont think a lot of you know the upheave that causes and could be yrs of wandering the wilderness...Things here are set pretty much in a way all teams are trying to mimic. So unless the Prez and G.M are utter schmucks...which they are not there is no real fear of us hiring a dense fool who will brak things down even more...won't happen

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I think we need a repeat of what happened way back before the grey Cup runs. Someone tells O'Shea to get his head out of his ass and make some roster moves. We saw how pro-active Kyle Walters can be when there's a call for new bodies.

47 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I agree, though Walter's refusal to be Mos' boss is worrisome. Though, imo, it is easier to replace the GM than a HC in the cfl today.

That or Buck. I could see buck getting his walking papers in BC this year.

Yup...was mentioned last off-season that Osh was given too much say and that some of that was being taken back...Walter's even said they had several episodes of Osh being very combative of things too...but in the end they came to compromise...so that there too is a bit concerning. And shouldn't be happening. Walter's is the Boss, not the other way around...and he needs to start doing Boss things...and if he has a head coach who is fighting it...in what profession does an employee who bucks the system and goes against upper management retains his job??? He did it before so we know it's in him. The fact that Osh refuses to use a beneficial rule that would help his team because he doesnt like it...is more than enough to can his butt...Himself before team...how many players last on a team with that mindset?...none

We dont need to hire from within..we have seen how that has panned out and looking at who we have the only one who would I think be a possible guy is Costello...he's actually earned it, and would be a pretty big loss if a new G.M came in and cleaned house...Pretty sure tho a new head coach tho would retain him if he wanted to stay...and why wouldn't he?

I mentioned this last yr, and still believe in it but we should be offering the HC job here to Mickey Donovan...He has had a lot of experience in his 20 yrs, is a no nonsense guy with fire and a great work ethic in him....Players love him and would as they say round here "run thru a wall for him"

His players would play with attitude and aggression cause they know if you dont...you will be yanked...All I hear about him is good stuff. He is kinda like what we got in the beginning with Osh before he got what seems to be lazy and complacent....and I think exposed due to his actual lack of coaching experience. He had 3 yrs as a ST coordinator...and it's showing now when he has to actually coach and fix...he doesnt have the chops...leading is one thing...but if what your leading them to is pretty vague and empty...you flounder

Donovan interned in the NCAA to start his journey...has been a ST coordinator obviously, as thats his role now, but he has also been a positional coach, defensive coordinator..asst. HC...A Head coach for 4 yrs in the Canadian University ranks, and he does, and has done player recruitment, and seeing as T.O always seem to find these new guys outta nowhere he likely has had hand in that, or could bring one their sleuths with him in a promoted scouting role....To me that says hire this guy and you know the culture here wouldnt change...if anything become better cause with him you will need to earn the job...then keep it

2 hours ago, Mike said:

who’s up for a Head Coach Hogan redemption arc

No, please. Besides, with the way O'Shea is slow to react, any changes will be done this off season.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I agree, though Walter's refusal to be Mos' boss is worrisome. Though, imo, it is easier to replace the GM than a HC in the cfl today.

That or Buck. I could see buck getting his walking papers in BC this year.

What about Calvillo for HC?

I think we are beyond the internal head coach promotion. Our guys were picked over by other organizations already.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, please. Besides, with the way O'Shea is slow to react, any changes will be done this off season.

What about Calvillo for HC?

i don’t think ac would come here for this clean up. especially for the peanuts we could afford.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

i don’t think ac would come here for this clean up. especially for the peanuts we could afford.

There's more talent here than a lot of teams. With a coach that knows what he's doing, it could still be great. The talent's been squandered by Osh. Do you think he'd be thrilled to go to Ottawa?

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I think we are beyond the internal head coach promotion. Our guys were picked over by other organizations already.

With this organization, I wouldn't put it past them.

Give it to Strev to finish out the yr...guys would follow him and go thru anything for him...and im not even kidding

Plus he is a brilliant mind...he would get the most outta his guys...ive seen him coach first hand.

He pulls it off ...reup him

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, please. Besides, with the way O'Shea is slow to react, any changes will be done this off season.

What about Calvillo for HC?

Why leave Alexander to work with Collaros or Brown? Plus he's been in Montreal nearly 30 years by now.

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Not that I completely disagree but Walters has … mostly done his job even if I don’t like his approach or philosophy. He’s had his fair share of whiffs but there are some talent issues I can’t even lay at his door until these guys even get a chance to play.

Nah he’s got borderline nothing out of draft this decade. Not a single needle moving player. Rode Wolitarsky into dust and only had what, 4 drafts now to work on replacing that guy….and we have a big free agent in Tommy Nield who sucks and costs a fortune because we can’t draft.

Lots of poor decisions in trading picks…trading back from the elite tier for more picks at meh guys.

At least pushed to build out our US scouting but it’s ridiculous that McManus is still here and have to put that on the GM.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.