Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT

Elks are not so LOLks as they once were... But I still believe they're overrated. They go as Justin Rankin goes. I do believe they're beatable.

Having said that, I don't think the Bombers are necessarily a very good team. We've sadly shown that too many times so far this season.

But, as always, I live on a hope and a prayer... For two points our way, no matter how it looks. Just find a way to win.

  • Replies 827
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • daniels with the down field speed of a fully loaded cement mixer

  • bustamente
    bustamente

    I can live with the PI on Kelly but the RTP on ZC has to be called or overturned by the CC

  • JohnnyAbonny
    JohnnyAbonny

    It’s like when MOS had Andrew, Biggie, etc running the room he just went totally hands off and never went back to actually coaching. He did some dumb **** with the roster his whole time here, but at l

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I was beating that drum with a few others...but the "yeah but" crowd said that was stupid

Its been a downward trend in several areas for 4 yrs..going on 5 now...and the key issues were apparent in all those yrs...to think anything would change this yr was foolish.

With this loss..games left and the reality zero will be changed id be shocked we are not a sub 500 team and out of playoffs

Just now, Goalie said:

Can I finish. Can I finish. But sadly cuz for reasons @SpeedFlex27 mentioned tho, he won’t be.

I'd normally click Like but I take no joy in Goalie or anyone else agreeing with me on this. It's just sad. A lot of us knew last November bringing Osh back was a huge mistake. .

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

In a nutshell what was his comments..I missed it

The usual. “We’ll watch the film and guys will see the mistakes … the guys will not be happy … it’s stuff that needs to be corrected”

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Literally not at all what I’m saying, but I’m not surprised you’re once again proving yourself to be too stupid to realize that.

all I’m saying is everyone’s got a different level of tolerance for these things … if you’re just noticing it now it’s because your tolerance for it has evaporated at this point but this is not a new phenomenon … this has been our plan of attack for a couple seasons now probably going on 3 at least. The only difference is that the shine of the success has taken longer to wear off for some.

I've ragged on about Osh & Walters now for nearly 3 seasons. It's to the point that I'm beginning not to care anymore. The Bombers have become an Old Boys Club. Those 2 sit around the fire in their housecoats & slippers drinking sherry & talking about the good old days of 2019 & 21. The Bombers could lose 100-0 & no one from assistant coaches to equipment manager would be held accountable or be fired.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

The usual. “We’ll watch the film and guys will see the mistakes … the guys will not be happy … it’s stuff that needs to be corrected”

So the usual

Younger better not be getting on that ******* plane back to Winnipeg, I don't know who'd take over as DC if he we're fired but I like him already more than JY.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

I've ragged on about Osh & Walters now for nearly 3 seasons. It's to the point that I'm beginning not to care anymore. The Bombers have become an Old Boys Club. Those 2 sit around the fire in their housecoats & slippers drinking sherry & talking about the good old days of 2019 & 21.

Probably wine coolers as they seem to have no balls

23 minutes ago, Mike said:

Let’s just go a little deeper here … how can anyone justify O’Shea keeping his job at this point?

coaching cap + 3 year contract. unless we get some one better for free, the extensions to walters and mos leave is no other option

The gaffes just kill this team. They’ve handicapped the offense in so many ways but then we have guys not finishing routes and running themselves out of bounds on potential game changing plays, dropping open TD’s, fumbling at the goal line….actually that’s just Pokey Wilson’s half season.

Too many guys on D flat footed or running away from the play. Nichols, Woodbey both had big shots 1 on 1 with Rankin in the hole and just shuffled away instead of flying up and at least giving it their all.

Need to start cutting some of this malignancy out of the game plan.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

So the usual

At this point I think I’m more curious about the process than the result … not necessarily understanding the process but understanding the “why” behind it.

Why is Jake Kelly our best option regardless of passport? Why is Gavin Cobb our best option regardless of passport? Why do we use so many Americans that only play special teams when we seem to exclusively draft Canadians that are only useful on special teams? Why do we continually prove ourselves unable to play 60 minutes of football? Why are we continually unprepared to start a minimum of one half of football per game? Why do Kyrie Wilson and Stanley Bryant still have starting jobs? Why is our negotiation list roughly 10% as active as most other teams?

so much why

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

coaching cap + 3 year contract. unless we get some one better for free, the extensions to walters and mos leave is no other option

Ottawa is in the same situation with Dinwiddie. He signed a 3 year deal as well. Dinwiddie is going nowhere, either & he's 0-10.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

Dude u are a bipolar clown ..and at least most us here have one

is this not ban hammer stuff cuz what’s it add to the conversation? You should be careful tho cuz I Might just be.

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Probably wine coolers as they seem to have no balls

Probably with paper straws too

Just now, Goalie said:

is this not ban hammer stuff cuz what’s it add to the conversation?

Ban hammer? Come on.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Ban hammer? Come on.

Whats it add.

Just now, Goalie said:

is this not ban hammer stuff cuz what’s it add to the conversation?

I hate to break it to you man, but if “not adding anything to the conversation” was a bannable offense you probably would’ve been banned ten years ago

Stop whining about dishing it out and then not wanting to get it dished back at you

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I've ragged on about Osh & Walters now for nearly 3 seasons. It's to the point that I'm beginning not to care anymore. The Bombers have become an Old Boys Club. Those 2 sit around the fire in their housecoats & slippers drinking sherry & talking about the good old days of 2019 & 21. The Bombers could lose 100-0 & no one from assistant coaches to equipment manager would be held accountable or be fired.

It really does have the old boys club feel at this point, sadly. Echo chamber big time.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

is this not ban hammer stuff cuz what’s it add to the conversation?

WTF did your comment add? Saying what you said and then crying for Booch to be banned is such a ***** move.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Whats it add.

You do it all the time to others. Look, things are a bit heated tonight. People are upset.

Someone should grab Walters & have an ad lib interview about the state of the team. But that kinda stuff only happened when Jack Matheson, John Robertson & Don Blanchard were covering the Bombers for the print media & weren't afraid to shake the tree to see what falls out.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

You do it all the time to others. Look, things are a bit heated tonight. People are upset.

Of course things are heated and people are upset, but let’s be realistic about where we’re all at with things. There’s a fairly large group of us … you, me, Booch, GCn, keep the list moving with the other names I’m forgetting by now … and I think it’s pretty fair to say that 99.9% of the time, we can all recognize that emotions run high sometimes, discussions get heated, words get exchanged and we’re all able to move on from it at the end of the day

Then we’ve got one crayon eater who struggles to form basic sentences and can’t seem to exhibit the self awareness required to realize he spends 50% of his time on this site complaining about the way he’s treated and the other 50% of his time treating everyone else exactly the same way he’s complaining about being treated

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

I dont mean to sound like an ******* but if you’re only agreeing now, it’s because you have either voluntarily or involuntarily been ignoring these signs for almost 3 years now

This isn’t new. It’s been happening. The only thing that’s new is the fanbase’s diminished tolerance for the same garbage some of us have been pointing out for years now

Nope, I've been reading and following closely for years. Have learned a ton from my 25+ years mostly lurking here and the forum before this one. Many points by posters I've agreed with and thought could be true. I like reading the different opinions. But I'm just an interested fan and felt like I should give the benefit of the doubt to the pros, especially Wade Miller. After this game and MOS's response, I have finally lost my benefit of the doubt. As someone posted earlier, MOS has lost the plot.

The coaching staff, and tonight the players, don't seem to mind losing. MOS is probably trying to protect his staff and his locker room publicly. But I still see no signs of willingness to change and adapt. Either in a half, in a game, in a season, or even between seasons. Stubbornness can be a great trait in the right amounts, but beyond a certain point it is counterproductive. Who doesn't know someone who can tough out a challenge in life with stubbornness, but then not go to the doctor when they're super sick and wait too late to make changes.

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

So the usual

Add to that....

'just needed to make a few more plays'

'our guys are beyond getting emotional. This won't change how they approach the game'

'nothing happened in that second half to change the game'

Edited by HC85

33 minutes ago, Mike said:

Literally not at all what I’m saying, but I’m not surprised you’re once again proving yourself to be too stupid to realize that.

all I’m saying is everyone’s got a different level of tolerance for these things … if you’re just noticing it now it’s because your tolerance for it has evaporated at this point but this is not a new phenomenon … this has been our plan of attack for a couple seasons now probably going on 3 at least. The only difference is that the shine of the success has taken longer to wear off for some.

No worries. I don't take any of it personally, I'm just here to talk Blue Bomber football with fellow obsessives. I agree, we all have different levels of tolerances. I finally have enough data to overcome my lack of pro-level knowledge. Tonight was SO beyond anything reasonable, it's finally clear to me that the leadership is not hungry anymore. The plan seems to be stay loyal to the guys you like and hope they give you a chance to win.

It’s like when MOS had Andrew, Biggie, etc running the room he just went totally hands off and never went back to actually coaching.

He did some dumb **** with the roster his whole time here, but at least in the earlier years you saw some innovation and aggressiveness here and there.

I thought he and Walters both shouldn’t have been brought back. A bit off topic but I’ll never forgive Walters for doing sweet **** all in a home GC offseason and having to watch Sask win the cup in our building.

45 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Osh knows he'll be paid for another 44 regular season games. He has no worries.

I don't think he's thinking about money, he's thinking this approach is best for the team. That's a bigger problem.

Shocked Donald Glover GIF

As someone having no real desire to sift through 27 pages recapping this game... did anyone pick up what changed on defense to get Vaval out there in the second half?

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

is this not ban hammer stuff cuz what’s it add to the conversation? You should be careful tho cuz I Might just be.

Whatever that supposed to mean...u attack me constantly and I dont cry ..and careful how.?. u gonna get me? Lol...Pretty sure that wouldn't end well

You flip flop like a fish on some narratives and quick to jump in with some the villagers and get out the pitchforks...yet when a diff group of villagers u always beef with say basically same thing but in language u dont understand you attack...thats all I saying.

Just now, ShyGuy said:

Shocked Donald Glover GIF

As someone having no real desire to sift through 27 pages recapping this game... did anyone pick up what changed on defense to get Vaval out there in the second half?

apparently nichols got hurt..but he was on with nichols for a bit too

That being said he played better than most all yr..closed well and actually attacked the play..and used actual technique tackling..I say he should be starting...and makes all the more sense to also start singer and help with the return work if need be

15 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

It’s like when MOS had Andrew, Biggie, etc running the room he just went totally hands off and never went back to actually coaching.

He did some dumb **** with the roster his whole time here, but at least in the earlier years you saw some innovation and aggressiveness here and there.

I thought he and Walters both shouldn’t have been brought back. A bit off topic but I’ll never forgive Walters for doing sweet **** all in a home GC offseason and having to watch Sask win the cup in our building.

Yeah, i felt the same. His response was strange as well. Saying that he approaches every off season the same as it didn't matter if it was a Grey Cup year or not. Maybe not to Walters but it mattered to every Bomber fan in Winnipeg & myself in Calgary. Walters & osh are totally tone deaf & I'm beginning to think Wade Miller is as well.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.