Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats at Bombers GDT

  • Replies 677
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Bubba Zanetti
    Bubba Zanetti

    2 tickets left according to ticketmaster! Another sellout! GOOD JOB WINNIPEG! LETS F**KING GO BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

  • This is Jason Hogan erasure and I will not stand for it

  • 17to85
    17to85

    Other defense are free to suck, but the Bombers O and D both need to be dominant. I don't ask for much.

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Goldkobra said:

It's a coaches duty to seize every advantage. Nothing makes we want a coach fired more than pissing away opportunities to improve.

other than maybe losing, there's that too

2 hours ago, Goldkobra said:

It's a coaches duty to seize every advantage. Nothing makes we want a coach fired more than pissing away opportunities to improve.

If he could rationalize not using the rule, I'd be ok with it (even if I disagree) but the fact that he can't even be bothered to understand it, is completely different.

We're in a era where a lot of rule changes are happening so i hope we don't see more examples of this kind of thing.

15 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

If he could rationalize not using the rule, I'd be ok with it (even if I disagree) but the fact that he can't even be bothered to understand it, is completely different.

We're in a era where a lot of rule changes are happening so i hope we don't see more examples of this kind of thing.

Probably my fault but I think you are taking it way too literally. He understands the rule. He is just showing his disdain for the idea that an American can be considered Canadian. He was the biggest holdout against the rule. He knows how it works and chooses not to use it. He's just being stubborn on principle.

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

Swaggerville was fun but never came close to winning.

Well they did play in a Grey cup... that's kinda close

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Probably my fault but I think you are taking it way too literally. He understands the rule. He is just showing his disdain for the idea that an American can be considered Canadian. He was the biggest holdout against the rule. He knows how it works and chooses not to use it. He's just being stubborn on principle.

Even if he was being sarcastic,he's still purposely choosing to do things this way and my concern remains the same.

22 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

If he could rationalize not using the rule, I'd be ok with it (even if I disagree) but the fact that he can't even be bothered to understand it, is completely different.

We're in a era where a lot of rule changes are happening so i hope we don't see more examples of this kind of thing.

He understands it just fine... It's pure and simple a Canadiana thing. "I will not give a Canadian job to an American"... It's that, and nothing more or less.

I always want us to win, and do everything we can't I win, but I respect the Canadiana always... I respect where Osh is coming from.

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well they did play in a Grey cup... that's kinda close

jinx you owe me a coke

8 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

Agree! Has either of them ever explained why they don't use that rule? There's no valid reason not to, but I'd love to hear what kind of b.s. rationale they would give.

Our so called "local media" (all 3 of them) lobs the softball questions not wanting to offend Walters & Osh.

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

When we never won a cup. That swaggerville? Swaggerville was fun but never came close to winning. People can watch on tv for free. They go to games for the experience and environment. Bombers have created one where it’s the place to be. Swaggerville was fun but lots of empty seats in those days so you are misremembering.

I believe its you that is mis-remembering. They averaged over 29k that season. Not that I think swaggerville was anywhere near the 2021 juggernaut. But swagerville sold tickets in 2011.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

He understands it just fine... It's pure and simple a Canadiana thing. "I will not give a Canadian job to an American"... It's that, and nothing more or less.

I always want us to win, and do everything we can't I win, but I respect the Canadiana always... I respect where Osh is coming from.

I mean....Jefferson has lived here year round for more than half a decade...no passport, but...come on.

9 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I believe its you that is mis-remembering. They averaged over 29k that season. Not that I think swaggerville was anywhere near the 2021 juggernaut. But swagerville sold tickets in 2011.

I mean....Jefferson has lived here year round for more than half a decade...no passport, but...come on.

Swaggerville sold tickets but we didn't win a Grey Cup.

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

He understands it just fine... It's pure and simple a Canadiana thing. "I will not give a Canadian job to an American"... It's that, and nothing more or less.

I always want us to win, and do everything we can't I win, but I respect the Canadiana always... I respect where Osh is coming from.

Whatever happened to ‘nothing and/or no one is put ahead of/ above the team’?

22 hours ago, Noeller said:

He understands it just fine... It's pure and simple a Canadiana thing. "I will not give a Canadian job to an American"... It's that, and nothing more or less.

I always want us to win, and do everything we can't I win, but I respect the Canadiana always... I respect where Osh is coming from.

pff-cats.gif

21 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I believe its you that is mis-remembering. They averaged over 29k that season. Not that I think swaggerville was anywhere near the 2021 juggernaut. But swagerville sold tickets in 2011.

I mean....Jefferson has lived here year round for more than half a decade...no passport, but...come on.

2011 was supposed to be the last year at the old stadium originally but delays made it 2012. The 29k had more to do with ppl thinking it was the last season there.

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

2011 was supposed to be the last year at the old stadium originally but delays made it 2012. The 29k had more to do with ppl thinking it was the last season there.

Disagree. The games didnt start as sell outs. I specifically remember being happily surprised as attendance numbers grew. The year before the bombers were losing but were close and the crowds took a while to realize the team was legit.

So out of curiosity what two IMP players with either 3 years consecutive service or 5 in the CFL on our roster are you guys willing to limit to 25 snaps per game? Whose NAT spot are they taking and which two IMP rookies or young guys are coming off the roster for them?

Lots of grousing from wannabe coaches here. Show your work. For those saying that we are at a disadvantage the NAT IMP rule was used an average of 9 snaps per game league wide last year.

Edited by GCn20

On 2026-06-19 at 7:00 PM, bigg jay said:

Even if he was being sarcastic,he's still purposely choosing to do things this way and my concern remains the same.

On 2026-06-19 at 7:02 PM, Noeller said:

He understands it just fine... It's pure and simple a Canadiana thing. "I will not give a Canadian job to an American"... It's that, and nothing more or less.

I always want us to win, and do everything we can't I win, but I respect the Canadiana always... I respect where Osh is coming from.

AND for this alone he should have been shown the road outta town

7 hours ago, GCn20 said:

So out of curiosity what two IMP players with either 3 years consecutive service or 5 in the CFL on our roster are you guys willing to limit to 25 snaps per game? Whose NAT spot are they taking and which two IMP rookies or young guys are coming off the roster for them?

Lots of grousing from wannabe coaches here. Show your work. For those saying that we are at a disadvantage the NAT IMP rule was used an average of 9 snaps per game league wide last year.

But you dont need to limit them...in the case of injury to a starting real canadian they can come in and satisfy ratio and you dont have to carry a lesser talented Canadian asa backup...or let Osh hav the urge to play his pet project crap guys

The thing is regardless how we slice it, its a rule that would benefit us, as it does for other squads and osh refuses to use it to make "the team" better..deeper...whatever you wanna call it cause basically he is a smug knob at times and puts his personal bias at time ahead of the team as a whole...of that offends anyone or trigger people to attack me have at er...wont bother me and I actually relish the jabs from the many clueless not in the know people...Ive known and crossed paths with him for many a yr and he was a smug knob as a player...borderline dirty as well....he brought his smugness to his coaching career but oddly enough he seems to have a disdain for players who played like him...and to be frank we could use a few who played on both sides of the edge as he did...

9 hours ago, GCn20 said:

So out of curiosity what two IMP players with either 3 years consecutive service or 5 in the CFL on our roster are you guys willing to limit to 25 snaps per game? Whose NAT spot are they taking and which two IMP rookies or young guys are coming off the roster for them?

Lots of grousing from wannabe coaches here. Show your work. For those saying that we are at a disadvantage the NAT IMP rule was used an average of 9 snaps per game league wide last year.

You don't limit their reps, thats just how many reps they can play in place of an ni. Cite your own work on 9 snaps per game because pff tracks snaps and the Nat players teams used (Like ham did with lawler vs us) didn't play less reps.

We are actually starting an extra NI instead of using the nat rule.

9 hours ago, GCn20 said:

So out of curiosity what two IMP players with either 3 years consecutive service or 5 in the CFL on our roster are you guys willing to limit to 25 snaps per game? Whose NAT spot are they taking and which two IMP rookies or young guys are coming off the roster for them?

Lots of grousing from wannabe coaches here. Show your work. For those saying that we are at a disadvantage the NAT IMP rule was used an average of 9 snaps per game league wide last year.

Wannabe coaches and a discussion board. Yup tracks.

14 hours ago, GCn20 said:

So out of curiosity what two IMP players with either 3 years consecutive service or 5 in the CFL on our roster are you guys willing to limit to 25 snaps per game? Whose NAT spot are they taking and which two IMP rookies or young guys are coming off the roster for them?

Lots of grousing from wannabe coaches here. Show your work. For those saying that we are at a disadvantage the NAT IMP rule was used an average of 9 snaps per game league wide last year.

That's not how it works. It doesn't change the number of Canadians and Americans on the roster.

Just allows that American player in a DI spot to substitute for a Canadian starter for those snaps.

So all you do is start a Canadian and start one of your guys who would be a DI. Put the vet as a DI instead of a starter. Now that vet can sub in for either guy.

So like in our secondary....DI Nichols, start Vaval. Now Nichols can function as the 2nd Canadian on D for 25 snaps per game. So you can only have Kramdi or Lawson or Gatkuoth on the field with 11 Americans for those snaps.

Could easily do it with Jefferson for DNA as well.

And could designate any of those guys as the "8th Canadian" being nationalized for their tenure.

But we don't.

So we're running Jake Kelly out there for 25-30 snaps a game on D.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's not how it works. It doesn't change the number of Canadians and Americans on the roster.

Just allows that American player in a DI spot to substitute for a Canadian starter for those snaps.

So all you do is start a Canadian and start one of your guys who would be a DI. Put the vet as a DI instead of a starter. Now that vet can sub in for either guy.

So like in our secondary....DI Nichols, start Vaval. Now Nichols can function as the 2nd Canadian on D for 25 snaps per game. So you can only have Kramdi or Lawson or Gatkuoth on the field with 11 Americans for those snaps.

Could easily do it with Jefferson for DNA as well.

And could designate any of those guys as the "8th Canadian" being nationalized for their tenure.

But we don't.

So we're running Jake Kelly out there for 25-30 snaps a game on D.

someone gets it....your hired!!!!

we would have had so many options over the last yrs to basically eliminate watching Thomas get washed away...Kelly sun burnt so bad he looks like a tomato....Hallett chasing guys for a big gain and huge 2nd down conversion or TD...the examples can go on and on....But nope

It's a huge benefit and all teams use it...several use the begeezers out of it...why wouldn't you other than being a dumb idiot or a stubborn ol goof trying to prove his personal point..and yes bias....and when a coach has several bias' that are not team first ones....thats not good....But oh yeah we have Smugsy....so we will suffer with until the day we punt him outta here

5 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's not how it works. It doesn't change the number of Canadians and Americans on the roster.

Just allows that American player in a DI spot to substitute for a Canadian starter for those snaps.

So all you do is start a Canadian and start one of your guys who would be a DI. Put the vet as a DI instead of a starter. Now that vet can sub in for either guy.

So like in our secondary....DI Nichols, start Vaval. Now Nichols can function as the 2nd Canadian on D for 25 snaps per game. So you can only have Kramdi or Lawson or Gatkuoth on the field with 11 Americans for those snaps.

Could easily do it with Jefferson for DNA as well.

And could designate any of those guys as the "8th Canadian" being nationalized for their tenure.

But we don't.

So we're running Jake Kelly out there for 25-30 snaps a game on D.

The number of snaps Kelly takes seems to be directly proportional to the points scored against us.

10 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's not how it works. It doesn't change the number of Canadians and Americans on the roster.

Just allows that American player in a DI spot to substitute for a Canadian starter for those snaps.

So all you do is start a Canadian and start one of your guys who would be a DI. Put the vet as a DI instead of a starter. Now that vet can sub in for either guy.

So like in our secondary....DI Nichols, start Vaval. Now Nichols can function as the 2nd Canadian on D for 25 snaps per game. So you can only have Kramdi or Lawson or Gatkuoth on the field with 11 Americans for those snaps.

Could easily do it with Jefferson for DNA as well.

And could designate any of those guys as the "8th Canadian" being nationalized for their tenure.

But we don't.

So we're running Jake Kelly out there for 25-30 snaps a game on D.

DI can only play 25 snaps per game the second he goes in to take a NAT spot.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

DI can only play 25 snaps per game the second he goes in to take a NAT spot.

But you’re talking about DAs not DI.

16 minutes ago, Goalie said:

But you’re talking about DAs not DI.

Yes. My bad.

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Yes. My bad.

Don't feel too bad, Mos still doesn't understand it☠️

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.