Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)

With Rookie Camps getting underway Wednesday, it's time to talk about the 2026 CFL season!

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Views 39.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 3DownNation DAZN hires Chris Streveler as CFL, NFL analyst - 3DownNation Chris Streveler has been hired by DAZN as a CFL and NFL analyst, creator, and on-air personality, the streaming service announc

  • 17to85
    17to85

    No I don't

  • JuranBoldenRules
    JuranBoldenRules

    Heard yesterday morning out of Regina a Rider player had been in a wreck and that it was likely the Rider players fault, didn't know who until afternoon. Then a lot of locals went off on a "brown guy

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Riders signed Baldonado

Yup not us.......

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Riders signed Baldonado

54 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

this is reminding me of the sleepy Joe Mack era....completely oblivious to any and all opportunities swirling around him....

I know what you mean. BUUUT why would he want to come here, compared to going back to his previous team that won a championship and looks poised to challenge for one again? This idea that Walters does nothing, is bonkers. No one here knows who he has tried to get in Blue and Gold since the season started. The fact of the matter is, as of today the Blue Bombers organization isn't exactly THE landing spot in the CFL for players looking to play come November.

21 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I know what you mean. BUUUT why would he want to come here, compared to going back to his previous team that won a championship and looks poised to challenge for one again? This idea that Walters does nothing, is bonkers. No one here knows who he has tried to get in Blue and Gold since the season started. The fact of the matter is, as of today the Blue Bombers organization isn't exactly THE landing spot in the CFL for players looking to play come November.

yup....a player may be approached, but looks at our roster....how and who we deploy guys...the rigidity of how we handle ratio...and say thanks...but no thanks

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I know what you mean. BUUUT why would he want to come here, compared to going back to his previous team that won a championship and looks poised to challenge for one again? This idea that Walters does nothing, is bonkers. No one here knows who he has tried to get in Blue and Gold since the season started. The fact of the matter is, as of today the Blue Bombers organization isn't exactly THE landing spot in the CFL for players looking to play come November.

So you are saying that we are now the Winnipeg Jets of the CFL?

Riders battling for top spot in the west. We going crossover crazy. Shocking guys would sign with contender and not pretenders

I was reading the article in today's WFP about Chris Streveler's new gig with DAZN for next season. This part caught my eye...."To watch Saturday Night Football in 2027, as well as the Saturday night playoff game in each of the first two rounds of the league’s new playoff format, fans will have to subscribe to DAZN — currently between $24.99 and $34.99 a month in Canada." (I guess I missed the announcement back in May about the deal between the CFL and DAZN.) So, based on further reading, it appears that 21 of 81 regular season games will only be available on DAZN. Then throw in a couple of playoff games. So I (guess)timate that 5 or 6 Bomber games will only be available on DAZN. I hope the CFL tall foreheads know what they're doing but given the upcoming rule and field dimension changes and this DAZN deal, I'm starting to "drift away".

2 hours ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I was reading the article in today's WFP about Chris Streveler's new gig with DAZN for next season. This part caught my eye...."To watch Saturday Night Football in 2027, as well as the Saturday night playoff game in each of the first two rounds of the league’s new playoff format, fans will have to subscribe to DAZN — currently between $24.99 and $34.99 a month in Canada." (I guess I missed the announcement back in May about the deal between the CFL and DAZN.) So, based on further reading, it appears that 21 of 81 regular season games will only be available on DAZN. Then throw in a couple of playoff games. So I (guess)timate that 5 or 6 Bomber games will only be available on DAZN. I hope the CFL tall foreheads know what they're doing but given the upcoming rule and field dimension changes and this DAZN deal, I'm starting to "drift away".

Hey it only took the CFL 35 years to figure out blacking out local markets didn't induce sellouts or increase revenue.

I will be somewhat surprised if the league as we know it survives this era.

24 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hey it only took the CFL 35 years to figure out blacking out local markets didn't induce sellouts or increase revenue.

I will be somewhat surprised if the league as we know it survives this era.

Yup in this economy will be hard for a lot of people to justify this cost.

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup in this economy will be hard for a lot of people to justify this cost.

Plus, Toronto and Ottawa are already operating on a shoestring with minimal revenue coming in from their local operations. Edmonton's owner is the estate of a dead guy....so how capitalized are they?

There's not much margin for error.

4 hours ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I was reading the article in today's WFP about Chris Streveler's new gig with DAZN for next season. This part caught my eye...."To watch Saturday Night Football in 2027, as well as the Saturday night playoff game in each of the first two rounds of the league’s new playoff format, fans will have to subscribe to DAZN — currently between $24.99 and $34.99 a month in Canada." (I guess I missed the announcement back in May about the deal between the CFL and DAZN.) So, based on further reading, it appears that 21 of 81 regular season games will only be available on DAZN. Then throw in a couple of playoff games. So I (guess)timate that 5 or 6 Bomber games will only be available on DAZN. I hope the CFL tall foreheads know what they're doing but given the upcoming rule and field dimension changes and this DAZN deal, I'm starting to "drift away".

get a streaming box....get an IPTV service...watch anything you want from pretty much any country for peanuts

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup in this economy will be hard for a lot of people to justify this cost.

Black Sails Pirates GIF by Sea of Thieves

15 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hey it only took the CFL 35 years to figure out blacking out local markets didn't induce sellouts or increase revenue.

I will be somewhat surprised if the league as we know it survives this era.

Well, aren't you a bowl of sunshine????

Next year will be the first year since I was 10 that I won't watch all the televised CFL games. Thanks, CFL 'braintrust'.

Bell owns the NFL in Canada and has been looking to offload games/products like Sunday Ticket for years because they have never profited off marketing it themselves.

And the CFL BOG picked the guy that ran that clusterfuck to run this league.

Brilliant.

On 2026-09-12 at 8:05 AM, Slimy Sculpin said:

I was reading the article in today's WFP about Chris Streveler's new gig with DAZN for next season. This part caught my eye...."To watch Saturday Night Football in 2027, as well as the Saturday night playoff game in each of the first two rounds of the league’s new playoff format, fans will have to subscribe to DAZN — currently between $24.99 and $34.99 a month in Canada." (I guess I missed the announcement back in May about the deal between the CFL and DAZN.) So, based on further reading, it appears that 21 of 81 regular season games will only be available on DAZN. Then throw in a couple of playoff games. So I (guess)timate that 5 or 6 Bomber games will only be available on DAZN. I hope the CFL tall foreheads know what they're doing but given the upcoming rule and field dimension changes and this DAZN deal, I'm starting to "drift away".

Each team gets an extra $3.5 million dollars a year for 5 years with this new deal starting in 2017 when the field changes occur. The entire 5 year deal with DAZN is worth half a billion dollars. You obviously missed that little tidbit the CFL "tall foreheads" negotiated. perhaps you should pay more attention. The ones that ***** the most about all the changes don't go to games anyway. They just cry on social media. You can go drift..

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Each team gets an extra $3.5 million dollars a year for 5 years with this new deal starting in 2017 when the field changes occur. The entire 5 year deal with DAZN is worth half a billion dollars. You obviously missed that little tidbit the CFL "tall foreheads" negotiated. perhaps you should pay more attention. The ones that ***** the most about all the changes don't go to games anyway. They just cry on social media. You can go drift..

I would disagree with this. The league struggles to attract younger fans to begin with. Asking them to pay for two separate subscriptions to tune into an entire season is just plain silly. Changing the rules to conform more with NFL rules makes our game less unique. I understand for some die hard sports fans $24.99 / month doesnt sound like much, but in our household, that is more than all of our other subscription services combined, before factoring in TSN. Hard to justify that price when it isnt even for the entire season of games.

As other have mentioned.... piracy will occur rampantly.

I know for myself i will likely balk at the price of DAZN, I'll just go back to listening to games on the radio instead.

Doug and Derek on the radio, highlights available within an hour, full game in 12 hours or less.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Doug and Derek on the radio, highlights available within an hour, full game in 12 hours or less.

Not sure of when this dandy occurred, but if re listening to the OB broadcast, try to catch DT casually mentioning how Williams was “unsheathing his big sword”.

3 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I would disagree with this. The league struggles to attract younger fans to begin with. Asking them to pay for two separate subscriptions to tune into an entire season is just plain silly. Changing the rules to conform more with NFL rules makes our game less unique. I understand for some die hard sports fans $24.99 / month doesnt sound like much, but in our household, that is more than all of our other subscription services combined, before factoring in TSN. Hard to justify that price when it isnt even for the entire season of games.

As other have mentioned.... piracy will occur rampantly.

I know for myself i will likely balk at the price of DAZN, I'll just go back to listening to games on the radio instead.

This is where I think the average age of this site comes in to play a bit. Young people aren't paying for cable, they aren't paying for every single subscription etc. I know that it sucks that the CFL is going on multiple services....but quite literally every single major pro league is. NFL/NHL/NBA/MLB etc etc. That's the reality of todays sports world. But back to my original point. Young people are using every thing they can to not pay for services, or to pay as little as possible. Keeping the CFL on ONLY cable TV was a death sentence. Young fans (20-25yr olds) don't have cable.

If getting DAZN is a major problem for people, I get it. But there are ways around it. I cut cable earlier this summer and switched my internet to Rogers. I'm paying $55 a month for internet and I got an IPTV service that is $12 a month. though it's paid in full. So my monthly bill has been cut in half from when I had cable. Then take into account that I no longer need a Netflix subscription/apple/disney/crave etc etc etc....and the savings are real. And I haven't missed a single CFL game, and this past weekend had access to far more NFL games than when I just had bell or shaw. Young people (younger than me) know even more ways to get around the price gouging.

The idea that DAZN is going to push away the younger market is detached from reality. Cable pushes them away.

Edited by Bigblue204

The issue with the DAZN deal will be sustainability. We've been through this so many times with the CFL. US expansion, deal with NFL....more money in the immediate with no long-term sustainability.

15 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

This is where I think the average age of this site comes in to play a bit. Young people aren't paying for cable, they aren't paying for every single subscription etc. I know that it sucks that the CFL is going on multiple services....but quite literally every single major pro league is. NFL/NHL/NBA/MLB etc etc. That's the reality of todays sports world. But back to my original point. Young people are using every thing they can to not pay for services, or to pay as little as possible. Keeping the CFL on ONLY cable TV was a death sentence. Young fans (20-25yr olds) don't have cable.

If getting DAZN is a major problem for people, I get it. But there are ways around it. I cut cable earlier this summer and switched my internet to Rogers. I'm paying $55 a month for internet and I got an IPTV service that is $12 a month. though it's paid in full. So my monthly bill has been cut in half from when I had cable. Then take into account that I no longer need a Netflix subscription/apple/disney/crave etc etc etc....and the savings are real. And I haven't missed a single CFL game, and this past weekend had access to far more NFL games than when I just had bell or shaw. Young people (younger than me) know even more ways to get around the price gouging.

The idea that DAZN is going to push away the younger market is detached from reality. Cable pushes them away.

Problem is DAZN is incredibly niche. They are basically pushing people to piracy. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV have massive subscriber bases. If DAZN doesn't make money on this, what is the next deal going to look like?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.