Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)

With Rookie Camps getting underway Wednesday, it's time to talk about the 2026 CFL season!

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Views 39.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 3DownNation DAZN hires Chris Streveler as CFL, NFL analyst - 3DownNation Chris Streveler has been hired by DAZN as a CFL and NFL analyst, creator, and on-air personality, the streaming service announc

  • 17to85
    17to85

    No I don't

  • JuranBoldenRules
    JuranBoldenRules

    Heard yesterday morning out of Regina a Rider player had been in a wreck and that it was likely the Rider players fault, didn't know who until afternoon. Then a lot of locals went off on a "brown guy

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I would try and send this to you in a private message, but you haven't read the last couple I've sent so I'll just say this here instead so that hopefully it finds it's way to you. You need to relax. "Who the **** is Kevin Powell?" is not anywhere near the kind of post that should have you flying off the handle. You're 70+ years old at this point Al, you should be mature enough as an adult to be able to engage with people without snapping at every little perceived sign of disrespect.

I know you constantly turn a blind eye to this stuff when it comes up, but I say this hoping you really do take it to heart. You present as a very angry person and it really just doesn't feel like any kind of way for a person to be enjoying things in life. Brother, please try to find a way to stop getting so upset all the time.

You know what MIKE might be the piece of crap but dudes a girl dad and he knows. He knows. You gotta chill broski. You really do. It’s the internet. It’s not meant to be like prick like all the time over such nonsense. I recommend Costa Rica and central and South American women for you. Go man. Go. Release the stress.

Edited by Goalie

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Hard to blame coaches and gms for not having a capable backup when only really we have one.and he just got here cuz im not talking Taylor or Perkins.

Not only that but you can't make a guy sign. Powell did what he thought was best for him. He went to Edmonton because Fajardo was openly talking about retiring so he felt his best bet to be a starter was there. We went through a similar process with Dru before he went to Ottawa.

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Not only that but you can't make a guy sign. Powell did what he thought was best for him. He went to Edmonton because Fajardo was openly talking about retiring so he felt his best bet to be a starter was there. We went through a similar process with Dru before he went to Ottawa.

And reality is there what 9 teams. There’s 8 capable starters including BLM. Maier isn’t one. There’s 2 capable somewhat kinda proven backups in Dru and TP in Edmonton. The rest are just the great unknown really. You could argue Arbuckle is a capable QB also. Maybe MBT but I don’t think so there. You could say 9 teams 9 capable somewhat proven starters but we have 2 of those 9.

Edited by Goalie

Taylor Powell has thrown 60 passes in the last 2 1/4 seasons.

He didn’t face plant in 2023 as a rookie but he hasn’t got a lot of reps. Wouldn’t remotely call him proven.

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The coaches & GM in Hamilton aren't responsible for Mitchell's injury but they are responsible for what happened today. They set thie organization up for failure by letting kevin Powell go to free agency. They did a shitty job of roster management as there was no backup qb signed that was as good as Powell. What did they expect wouod happen if Mitchell went down??? Just the total stupidity of the Cats decision makers killed a potential Grey Cup run this season. All the more reason for the posters here to quit calling for Walters to trade Collaros to Hamilton. We are one of the few teams ina position of strength at qb not weakness like the Ti Cats. the fans deserve better in Hamilton. Just total stupidity from Scott Mitchell & Orlondo Steinauer down to Scott Milanovich.

If Dolegala is the best QB the TiCats can field, they will fight it out with the RedBlacks for worst team in the league.

So back to Tre Ford after the bye or does Dolegala get another shot?

58 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Ham is toast (sounds a little foody) when their qb department had/has nothing behind Bo Levi......Dolegala is a pretender and cannot be presented as a 'real' starting qb....Ford isn't much better....end result is looking at a very long losing year....Fans there won't put up with what they're being sold and will be departing in big numbers....Only solution for them this year is getting a viable no 1 in a trade....Is any CFL club prepared to give up their valued back-ups????....not likely....They are in one helluva predicament, brought on by themselves by putting all of their eggs in one basket

Montreal is going to sleepwalk to the Grey Cup. East is always a joke, even more so now with Hamilton possibly not winning another game this season.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Ham is toast (sounds a little foody) when their qb department had/has nothing behind Bo Levi......Dolegala is a pretender and cannot be presented as a 'real' starting qb....Ford isn't much better....end result is looking at a very long losing year....Fans there won't put up with what they're being sold and will be departing in big numbers....Only solution for them this year is getting a viable no 1 in a trade....Is any CFL club prepared to give up their valued back-ups????....not likely....They are in one helluva predicament, brought on by themselves by putting all of their eggs in one basket

If Ham offered us McManus and a pick for ZC...Straight up...would you roll with Dru and TE/Perkins....fearing an injury is no way to plan your roster and your season and nexts trajectory...I would make that trade....Thank ZC for all he did...and be done with it...Business is business and it's a cruel world this pro sports

Just look at it this way...if say a team in T.O or Hamilton offered ZC a boatload of money before we re-upped him and held us for ransom with that number..and we couldn't match...You think all the warm fuzzy feelings of the past seasons would sway him to stay....doubt it....so if you can get assets for him, and have a starter behind him you take that shot

You cant use the what if excuse with injury...it happens...T.O beat us with a backup in Arbuckle...cause he had a good team around him and solid coaching...Christ we also lost to the Faj....and again a loss to T.O with the Pest as a raw rookie after Dimwut yanked useless MBT...and again due to out coached and a good..."healthy" cast around them

Edited by Booch

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No I don't

nor do I...

50 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This place is weird sometimes.

No Way Omg GIF by Lifetime

forget Hamilton. I want the Bombers to plunder that OTT WR core. Lewis would look nice in B&G as a FS WR.

Edited by Bigblue204

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Taylor Powell has thrown 60 passes in the last 2 1/4 seasons.

He didn’t face plant in 2023 as a rookie but he hasn’t got a lot of reps. Wouldn’t remotely call him proven.

He hasn't played much because of Mitchell. Now, the Ti cats are paying the price for that.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

If Ham offered us McManus and a pick for ZC...Straight up...would you roll with Dru and TE/Perkins....fearing an injury is no way to plan your roster and your season and nexts trajectory...I would make that trade....Thank ZC for all he did...and be done with it...Business is business and it's a cruel world this pro sports

Just look at it this way...if say a team in T.O or Hamilton offered ZC a boatload of money before we re-upped him and held us for ransom with that number..and we couldn't match...You think all the warm fuzzy feelings of the past seasons would sway him to stay....doubt it....so if you can get assets for him, and have a starter behind him you take that shot

You cant use the what if excuse with injury...it happens...T.O beat us with a backup in Arbuckle...cause he had a good team around him and solid coaching...Christ we also lost to the Faj....and again a loss to T.O with the Pest as a raw rookie after Dimwut yanked useless MBT...and again due to out coached and a good..."healthy" cast around them

I wouldn't do that trade. For one, Brown hasn't exactly been the picture of health the past 2 seasons. He's had a number of injuries that kept him out for a significant number of games. Walters would be rolling the dice nothing would happen. Two, getting rid of Collaros would probably curse this team. We saw what Hamilton is going thru. Alexander in Montreal looks like he's having hammy issues again. There's no real backup plan with the Als, either. The Riders are one hit away from not repeating as GC champs if Harris goes down. I don't care who is available in a trade & what we might get for Collaros, trading him to Hamilton would be a foolish move. Given Brown's health history.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

So back to Tre Ford after the bye or does Dolegala get another shot?

Dolegala is cooked.

17 hours ago, bustamente said:

You have to feel bad for the Ti Cats they had a HOF QB and now have a dude who should be looking for a second career.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dolegala is selling vitamins outside Tim Horton's stadium on off days.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I would try and send this to you in a private message, but you haven't read the last couple I've sent so I'll just say this here instead so that hopefully it finds it's way to you. You need to relax. "Who the **** is Kevin Powell?" is not anywhere near the kind of post that should have you flying off the handle. You're 70+ years old at this point Al, you should be mature enough as an adult to be able to engage with people without snapping at every little perceived sign of disrespect.

I know you constantly turn a blind eye to this stuff when it comes up, but I say this hoping you really do take it to heart. You present as a very angry person and it really just doesn't feel like any kind of way for a person to be enjoying things in life. Brother, please try to find a way to stop getting so upset all the time.

Then tell bigg jay to stop swearing at me. I've never, ever had a bone to pick with him. so why should he speak to me like that? Plus my comments weren't meant to be taken in a negative way. I didn't say anything close to deserving a response like that. He could have said, "Did you mean Taylor Powell?" Then I wouldn't have taken exception to that & said yes. Instead, "It's who the **** is Kevin Powell? Why the need to swear directly at me for a comment I made that was an honest mistake? As to your overall message, I appreciate it. I'll try to hold my temper from here on in. This place can be very polarizing.

Also, I just got out of hospital having had surgery. I'm at home recovering. The level of pain iI'm experiencing s anywhere from bad to excruciating. I'm on Oxycodone for pain relief. I'll be switching to Tylenol 3's & 4's tomorrow. So, I am probably being affected by the pain meds in some ways which would account for why I called Powell Kevin instead of Taylor. I'm going to be bed ridden for the next 8-10 weeks minimum which is depressing because my summer is over. We had planned on takin g a trip along the Oregon coast in August that i was looking forward to. At least I made it to Kelowna for the CFL game. So, I am struggling right now. Although, I'm not looking for sympathy.

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Man I saw those edits and was like hmm mods be sleeping today.

Hard to blame coaches and gms for not having a capable backup when only really we have one.and he just got here cuz im not talking Taylor or Perkins.

I’d see what Hamilton would offer for Taylor tho. Dru is young enough to be our starter for a few years for sure.

Taylor for lawler (100k retained )plus a few picks. Taylor for Smith. I dunno. Hard to say no maybe. Bridges and Dobson? I mean I dunno. I think Dru is the heir apparent to Zach.

Pretty sure Lawler said there was no way he would ever go back to Edmonton, though this isn't the NHL so he wouldn't have much choice if he was traded I guess...

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

If Dolegala is the best QB the TiCats can field, they will fight it out with the RedBlacks for worst team in the league.

yes I think now we can safely say that the Eastern crossover is there for us if we can at least beat out one Western team...cough...the Lions...cough...

Edited by kelownabomberfan

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Pretty sure Lawler said there was no way he would ever go back to Edmonton, though this isn't the NHL so he wouldn't have much choice if he was traded I guess...

yes I think now we can safely say that the Eastern crossover is there for us if we can at least beat out one Western team...cough...the Lions...cough...

The Lions have no one behind Rourke, either. Remember a few years ago when 7 of the 9 CFL teams all lost their strters to injuries?

1 hour ago, Booch said:

and again a loss to T.O with the Pest as a raw rookie after Dimwut yanked useless MBT...

MBT got hurt. If only we hadn't hurt him, we'd have won that Cup.

53 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wouldn't do that trade. For one, Brown hasn't exactly been the picture of health the past 2 seasons. He's had a number of injuries that kept him out for a significant number of games. Walters would be rolling the dice nothing would happen. Two, getting rid of Collaros would probably curse this team. We saw what Hamilton is going thru. Alexander in Montreal looks like he's having hammy issues again. There's no real backup plan with the Als, either. The Riders are one hit away from not repeating as GC champs if Harris goes down. I don't care who is available in a trade & what we might get for Collaros, trading him to Hamilton would be a foolish move. Given Brown's health history.

Dolegala is cooked.

Hypothetically, if you were the GM of Winnipeg and felt we could let Zach go at the right price, Hamilton wants (needs Zach), what would a realistic return be? Kiondré and a pick?

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Then tell bigg jay to stop swearing at me. I've never, ever had a bone to pick with him. so why should he speak to me like that? Plus my comments weren't meant to be taken in a negative way. I didn't say anything close to deserving a response like that. He could have said, "Did you mean Taylor Powell?" Then I wouldn't have taken exception to that & said yes. Instead, "It's who the **** is Kevin Powell? Why the need to swear directly at me for a comment I made that was an honest mistake? As to your overall message, I appreciate it. I'll try to hold my temper from here on in. This place can be very polarizing.

Also, I just got out of hospital having had surgery. I'm at home recovering. The level of pain iI'm experiencing s anywhere from bad to excruciating. I'm on Oxycodone for pain relief. I'll be switching to Tylenol 3's & 4's tomorrow. So, I am probably being affected by the pain meds in some ways which would account for why I called Powell Kevin instead of Taylor. I'm going to be bed ridden for the next 8-10 weeks minimum which is depressing because my summer is over. We had planned on takin g a trip along the Oregon coast in August that i was looking forward to. At least I made it to Kelowna for the CFL game. So, I am struggling right now. Although, I'm not looking for sympathy.

Hang in there.

39 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Hypothetically, if you were the GM of Winnipeg and felt we could let Zach go at the right price, Hamilton wants (needs Zach), what would a realistic return be? Kiondré and a pick?

I think we're absolutely dreaming if we think Hamilton is offering up Kiondre Smith for Zach Collaros. Nevermind a plus.

12 games of a washed up starting QB plus playoffs for one of the top Canadian receivers in the league, in his prime?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.