Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Bombers Season

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Views 85.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • For shits and giggles and the reminiscing of Nasty Nate in the other thread, I used MBB posting history and ChatGPT to get a Nate style commentary on the season to date. Enjoy folks, all meant for som

  • sweep the leg
    sweep the leg

    some thoughts, with the usual caveats about limited reps, one day, etc Penner from the Rifles fits in during skelly, rec drills, etc. the problem today was they did a tonne of sts blocking drills and

  • Atomic
    Atomic

    Collaros back at practice today. Dru Brown still taking first team reps.

Featured Replies

  • Author

June 98 I remember Eastman being the hottest place on earth with the humidity factored in. We all skipped school and headed to the river for the afternoon. I hear it's similar right now. Can't wait to get back for holidays this weekend.

We headed for Grand Beach.

I went to Alberta for the summer of 1988 and came back in late August to find the ground was dried up so hard that I couldn't even till it with a garden tiller. That was crazy! Huge cracks in the ground. Reminded me of the stories I had heard from the old timers about the 1930's and how dry it was. Whatever did grow that year was consumed by hordes of grasshoppers. Yikes, now I sound like an old-timer lol....

A week or so after I was born, portage had its hottest day on record. I was a week old and in the water at the lake. I think that day was mid 40s humidex. Sunday was so bad here, I got home, got off the plane and holy moly, the wall of heat was insane.

Edited by Goalie

28 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

We headed for Grand Beach.

I went to Alberta for the summer of 1988 and came back in late August to find the ground was dried up so hard that I couldn't even till it with a garden tiller. That was crazy! Huge cracks in the ground. Reminded me of the stories I had heard from the old timers about the 1930's and how dry it was. Whatever did grow that year was consumed by hordes of grasshoppers. Yikes, now I sound like an old-timer lol....

You're not old until you are afraid to go into an antiques store for fear of not being let out.

After all the rain, this heat isn't even drying up all the standing water. At least not 'round these parts

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

After all the rain, this heat isn't even drying up all the standing water. At least not 'round these parts

The weird thing is that I was expecting clouds of skeeters, but nary a one so far.

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The weird thing is that I was expecting clouds of skeeters, but nary a one so far.

Say what? They have finally relented here. Y'all smoking special weed?

21 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Say what?winnipeg They have finally relented here. Y'all smoking special weed?

No idea why Winnipeg has been spared so far.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

After all the rain, this heat isn't even drying up all the standing water. At least not 'round these parts

been too humid to get enough evaporation going.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

The weird thing is that I was expecting clouds of skeeters, but nary a one so far.

theyre strange, a lot of factors go into how hot they can survive. Some will survive up to plus 42, others can be wiped out but sustained 35/36 degree temps. the real test with be after the rain when the hot spell ends. Could get real bad, and it’s already been pretty crazy.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Say what? They have finally relented here. Y'all smoking special weed?

They been spraying pretty consistently. How do I know? I’m coming home when they are doing it or outside having a smoke. I go inside. But honestly can’t smell the spray. A few years ago I could but either Covid took my smell (it didn’t) or this stuff don’t smell.

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

No idea why Winnipeg has been spared so far.

Phenominal. Be thankful

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Say what? They have finally relented here. Y'all smoking special weed?

Breaking Bad Reaction GIF

49 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Breaking Bad Reaction GIF

Clarification appreciated

9 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Clarification appreciated

your reference to smoking special weed. :)

Edited by HardCoreBlue

Winnipegs only special weed is shatter or kief infused. ;)

16 hours ago, Tracker said:

No idea why Winnipeg has been spared so far.

I moved out to Oakbank, wouldn't move back to the city,but man these mosquitoes this summer are terrible, very envious.

Edited by Nolby

14 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Phenominal. Be thankful

We are, and most do not indulge in ditchweed. At least not yet.

With ZC, is it really his neck or is it a concussion? Just musing out loud.

I agree with @GCn20 point that its nice we're not rushing him back and Dru's return to Ottawa is a good story.

its his noodle...his immediate reaction prone on the turf was not one of a neck issue...he was stunned

Brown vs Ott....with a game under his belt...a week of prep/practice....gotta love it

He is chill and mild mannered...but you damn well he is gonna be major revved up to make a statement...and you know his offensive teamates are gonna go that extra mile for him in that game

I can see this being one of our better offensive outputs of the yr coming up...And I bet he gets major cheers from the Ott crowd while doing it just to stick it to Dinwiddie...those fans cant be happy

Edited by Booch

  • Author
17 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

With ZC, is it really his neck or is it a concussion?

Yes.

I heard or read somewhere that you can have concussions in/via your neck... So it's all connected.

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yes.

I heard or read somewhere that you can have concussions in/via your neck... So it's all connected.

Not an expert but if you get hit unexpectedly from behind, your neck moves, your head is attached, you brain comes along for the ride and rattles in your skull. So yeah.

I like the optimism that we’re not rushing ZC back, and I hope that’s the case, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he was back in there on Sunday and maybe not quite ready. We’ve seen this movie before. Concussions would hopefully be the exception, but…..

Edited by BomberBall.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.