2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Yeah....JA isn't going anywhere...he has become a valuable foot soldier....Cutting him on roster for whom?....makes zero sense

MCI was the smartest pick of our draft as it finally allows us to roster an impactful DI on defence now, and have a fullback who is an actual threat out of the backfield, as well be a key piece in a grind em out drive in 4th qi=uarter working with BO

Interesting to hear Osh's comments re: Fox, and highlightiong all the traits he brings in the middle..most of which we were lacking last year...He didn't miracously learn that the last 4 months of the off-season...was there already in B.C....and just an example of a wasted opportunity, and a guy stuck behind another player in the reward system...or the we gotta play a pointless fullback

Yep, I also think that the ability to roll out MCI, and clercius amongst other good blockers will help allow us to transition away from carrying the extra OL. 

Fox is another head scratcher from last year. One of my biggest roster worries right now is that we are again going to try to have Thomas play the most reps of any DT. Lawson and Fox should be penciled in as DT starters right now. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Little surprised about Waggoner. Brown was a kr and rb. We are thin at rb, but might just be the reality that no imp rb is gonna make it if they aren’t a full time kr. Alston was starting day one of tc which shows all you need to know about how important that is. 
Im guessing most of these guys failed fifo/adaptability to the league checks. 

I wonder if the league would be better off having the first cut after a week of practices. 

been saying all along...Chris Smith....learn the name....guy has the skill set to be an impact guy in the CFL....Crazy returner and bust it speed at the RB spot.....Kolo getting owned...flailing like usual....If Eli isn't manning center something is seriously wrong with our coaching staff....put the best guys on the field...

Just now, wbbfan said:

Yep, I also think that the ability to roll out MCI, and clercius amongst other good blockers will help allow us to transition away from carrying the extra OL. 

Fox is another head scratcher from last year. One of my biggest roster worries right now is that we are again going to try to have Thomas play the most reps of any DT. Lawson and Fox should be penciled in as DT starters right now. 

100 percent....I have the sick feeling same is gonna happen on oline with Kolo...I think it time for my to go Tanya Harding on Thomas..Kolo and Schpackel to eliminate them out of the equation....Schpackel owning Kolo prob just secued his roster spot sadly over someone like Kelly...or Charbaneau

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Say what you want about Kolo (I'm a firm believer this is Eli's year) but a spin move during one on ones is very different than a spin move inside during a game. I know most know that.

exactly...and in games more times than not he got abused on any move..stunt...if he wasnt involved on a chip or 50 block...he was a weak spot...and cant count how many times he just got bull rushed into the pocket...

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Say what you want about Kolo (I'm a firm believer this is Eli's year) but a spin move during one on ones is very different than a spin move inside during a game. I know most know that.

That is 100% true. Though he struggled blocking guys who crossed his face or played nose last year. 

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

But according to Hodge he was out best

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

I don't put much thought into what the media says....

Did hodge get a single pick in his mock draft right, out side of us drafting the 3 fbs of course. 

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Farewell, Reacher... We hardly knew ye. And man, Alston was first man up in Bailey's spot to open camp... Then among the first cuts. Definitely curious how many of these are injury related and might be back at some point yet...

He was the ultimate FIFO guy, First in first out, LOL. 

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

been saying all along...Chris Smith....learn the name....guy has the skill set to be an impact guy in the CFL....Crazy returner and bust it speed at the RB spot.....Kolo getting owned...flailing like usual....If Eli isn't manning center something is seriously wrong with our coaching staff....put the best guys on the field...

100 percent....I have the sick feeling same is gonna happen on oline with Kolo...I think it time for my to go Tanya Harding on Thomas..Kolo and Schpackel to eliminate them out of the equation....Schpackel owning Kolo prob just secued his roster spot sadly over someone like Kelly...or Charbaneau

Smith is an ideal fit. Kr, RB, but also played multiple WR spots, ran Jet motion, the whole package. He could back up multiple positions and be a super sub. He's a lot like grant in that he is compact (though a good bit heavier,) strong, tough, and an aggressive north south runner. He's got a full kit of cuts, with the full spectrum of speed no gears lacking. He does a great job of using his small stature to his advantage as well hitting through the smallest holes for big gains. I feel like out side of grant we have made strange strange choices at KR, but smith sure should be a front runner. Probably the fastest guy on the field in camp too.  

8 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Footage of OL/DL one on one action.

As far as I can figure in order of matchups.

#91 Jamal Woods vs. #64 Dobson

#57 Kyle Samson vs. #58 Huge Wallace

#92 Rivers??? vs. #58 Ivy

#5 Willie vs. #60 Keith Khalil

#96 Schmeck with the spin move vs. #67 Kola

#57 Jamal Woods vs. #57 Vlahogiannis

#90 Fox destroying #67 Kola

Gotta love that every one is wearing the guardian helmet, but in the first clip two guys run facemask first into each other. 

Mos made a great comment in the presser yesterday. He said that they all really value both CMI and Clercius going into their last ncaa season knowing they weren't going to get the reps that they wanted, but sticking it out with their teams any way and finding new roles to support their teams. Its some thing you dont see in the transfer portal era. Guys hit it and quit it soo fast now. I mean we have lots of guys who transferred multiple times on the roster. It takes a special mind set for guys like that, especially soo talented and athletic to choose loyalty to their program even if their program doesn't choose it to them. 

Really makes me think both those guys are gonna overachieve here. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Mos made a great comment in the presser yesterday. He said that they all really value both CMI and Clercius going into their last ncaa season knowing they weren't going to get the reps that they wanted, but sticking it out with their teams any way and finding new roles to support their teams. Its some thing you dont see in the transfer portal era. Guys hit it and quit it soo fast now. I mean we have lots of guys who transferred multiple times on the roster. It takes a special mind set for guys like that, especially soo talented and athletic to choose loyalty to their program even if their program doesn't choose it to them. 

Love all 3 our first picks....and we got what we want character wise....but aso scored big time on physical attributes and huge upside to contribute...and actually contribute now

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Love all 3 our first picks....and we got what we want character wise....but aso scored big time on physical attributes and huge upside to contribute...and actually contribute now

And got exactly the positions we needed to fill as well. I'd love to see samson break out as well and become platoon partners with Lawson in side. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Big factor in both being Canadian, not brought up thinking football is their only option or escape and maybe took the free education segment of their scholarship more seriously.

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

whats the tweets other than the thing with McAfferty speed comparison?

Just claimed Ed was lying because Brown had a faster 40 than Clercius. Not realizing that Ed was specifically talking about the CND combine. Was kinda awkward. I think it's a family member and not Brown as Brown seems to have a different twotter handle.

I mean the Americans coming in here as tailbacks realize that the incumbent is a Canadian who was just up for MOP?  And we have a Canadian backup who has been here for more than half a decade?

There's literally no roster spot for them.  They are coming in to try to steal a practice roster spot or a shot with another team.  I'm not even sure they'd really consider them for return duty unless they blew everyone's socks off because they'll want cover for another spot through that role, likely receiver.

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I mean the Americans coming in here as tailbacks realize that the incumbent is a Canadian who was just up for MOP?  And we have a Canadian backup who has been here for more than half a decade?

There's literally no roster spot for them.  They are coming in to try to steal a practice roster spot or a shot with another team.  I'm not even sure they'd really consider them for return duty unless they blew everyone's socks off because they'll want cover for another spot through that role, likely receiver.

Don’t need to have that much of a wr skill here as a kr to back up. But yeah, making the roster as an imp rb here is about as easy as becoming qb1 as a rookie here in week 1 with no injuries. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm sure some probably have no clue about the ratio or why it matters that the starter/back-up are Canadian.

Just now, bigg jay said:

I'm sure some probably have no clue about the ratio or why it matters that the starter/back-up are Canadian.

true....and on the flipside we lose out on a ton of really good talent too for those same reasons....Players agents will fill them in on thE situation, and what they up against, also players talk and have conveyed to buddies that they got cut as an inferior player was used (ratio reason) , and to not waste their time, or risk injury....

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

true....and on the flipside we lose out on a ton of really good talent too for those same reasons....Players agents will fill them in on thE situation, and what they up against, also players talk and have conveyed to buddies that they got cut as an inferior player was used (ratio reason) , and to not waste their time, or risk injury....

I wouldn't say we missed out. We got great Canadians in their place to play in the Canadian Football League. 

Just now, JCon said:

I wouldn't say we missed out. We got great Canadians in their place to play in the Canadian Football League. 

I know for a fact we have had guys not come up here....so yeah we lost out...

31 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

They should though.  They are likely repped by a CFLPA approved agent.  You'd think you would do a little digging on your career prospects, how the league works, the team they are going to etc.