2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

6 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Free Press and Sun are both pumping out 2-3 stories per day.

Not too hard to find or get around paywall if you have internet skill.

They do but 80% of it is fluff.  

11 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Tait has 2 pieces per day on bluebombers.com plus a podcast.

Problem is Ed only talks to the same 6 guys he's comfortable with, time for some new blood, the video segments should be handled by someone motivated and scared to lose their job.  

2024_5_9_64db466e-0aab-474c-9090-34398f7

Everything you need to know is all right there, in those wacked out eyes.

29 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

the video segments should be handled by someone motivated and scared to lose their job

This is just a wild thing think never mind actually say out loud....

By my count there be at least 12 cuts announced this morning to get down to the 85 roster limit (plus non-counters).

It would be 14 needed however Oliveira and Brady are on the injured veterans list it.

The 4 below should be included as it looks like none of them showed up to rookie camp:

WR 72 Braxton Burmeister

DT 92 Kenneth Randall

DB 13 James Campbell

DB 46 Montrae Braswell

DE 52 Ali Fayad and OL 69 Kendall Randolph might get cut if their injuries are considered to be long term. 

4 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

By my count there be at least 12 cuts announced this morning to get down to the 85 roster limit (plus non-counters).

It would be 14 needed however Oliveira and Brady are on the injured veterans list it.

The 4 below should be included as it looks like none of them showed up to rookie camp:

WR 72 Braxton Burmeister

DT 92 Kenneth Randall

DB 13 James Campbell

DB 46 Montrae Braswell

DE 52 Ali Fayad and OL 69 Kendall Randolph might get cut if their injuries are considered to be long term. 

Looks like you had the numbers more or less bang on, but they didn’t cut the four “no shows”, probably just suspended

Fayad, DL Jordan Lewis, DL David Green, Randolph, WR Bryce Mitchell, WR Keontaye Thompson, K Jose Borregales and …. Anthony Bennett 

Just now, blue85gold said:

Looks like they are planning to go for an all American rotation at DE.  Schmekel stays for now as depth a DT but I’ll bet he’s the bottom of the depth chart with Thomas, Lawson, and the draft pick 

Yeah, seems that way especially now.

Or do they take that cash and sign Kongbo instead? That ship has sailed I guess, but you never know.

I think one thing to keep in mind with first cuts around the league is a lot of them are simply due to injuries

I remember last year Tyrique McGhee was cut after rookie minicamp and here he is on the roster a year later competing for a starting spot. 

I'm willing to bet Anthony Bennett is just injured and the same for some other big names cut like Terry Godwin and Jalon Edwards-Cooper. Good chance all those guys are brought back once they heal up

If anyone is going to camp today. Delayed due to smoke. Nasty out there 

10 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

I think one thing to keep in mind with first cuts around the league is a lot of them are simply due to injuries

I remember last year Tyrique McGhee was cut after rookie minicamp and here he is on the roster a year later competing for a starting spot. 

I'm willing to bet Anthony Bennett is just injured and the same for some other big names cut like Terry Godwin and Jalon Edwards-Cooper. Good chance all those guys are brought back once they heal up

That’s usually a ploy to keep rookies you like but don’t have room for. If vets are injured they go in the injured list like they just did for Demski and BO

13 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

If you watched Bennet play last year you'd know why that's a bad bet.

He just doesn't belong in the CFL. He stood out in a bad way while on the field.

1 minute ago, bluedawg said:

Teams are only allowed to have two vets go on that injured list. Otherwise you are putting guys on the 6-game IL right now to open up spots and then they have to miss at least the first four games of the regular season. 

Ahh didn’t know that. Still doubt Bennett is back. He didn’t show anything last year 

12 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

Teams are only allowed to have two vets go on that injured list. Otherwise you are putting guys on the 6-game IL right now to open up spots and then they have to miss at least the first four games of the regular season. 

if that’s the game they were playing, they would just “suspend” these guys

14 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

Probably 50/50 if Bennett is back in blue. I think you guys are a little down on him, understandably so. He was decent on special teams just gave the team nothing on defense

Id say it’s 90 10 he won’t be. They cut him on day 1. Id almost say 99 percent chance he’s done here. 99.999999 repeat. 

Edited by Goalie

Not a shock to me....and I even said way back that he shouldnt even be in camp taking reps from someone else....piss poor draft pick...lesson learned

I cant see any of Scmeckle...Kornelson on the roster....even on depth chart...Ideally I'd like to see Lawson and Samson on roster as the cnadian DT depth if we chose to roster 2, and Fatboi on the 6 game or PR...those other 2 will amount to diddly, neither will surpass Lawson or Samson and are just dead weight

Gut tells me we may go....and should go import heavy on the dline surrounding Lawson and if Ford....or god help us Kramdi are starting at SAM or Ford atcorner for 8 canadians we see a lot of all import fronts...

Edited by Booch