2024 NHL Playoffs Thread

Farhan can cry all he wants. Game 7 and you no show isn’t on the refs like the majority of their idiot fan base thinks. Can’t wait to hear about the riots in the morning. 

I just read Utah might be called the Utah Yeti??? That would definitely rank as the worst name for a team in NHL history and it is not even close lol....the cooler company could be a big sponsor though! Bigfoot is alive again!😄

Edited by bb1

11 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I just read Utah might be called the Utah Yeti??? That would definitely rank as the worst name for a team in NHL history and it is not even close lol....the cooler company could be a big sponsor though! Bigfoot is alive again!😄

To me, Yeti is no worse than Kraken but The Mighty Ducks still tops my list for worst name.

16 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

To me, Yeti is no worse than Kraken but The Mighty Ducks still tops my list for worst name.

That is a very low bar there though 😆 I just find Yeti is abominable..( snowman) 😄

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

I just read Utah might be called the Utah Yeti???

I'll call 'em the Jetties.

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

That would definitely rank as the worst name for a team in NHL history and it is not even close lol

Worst team name is the Wild. Sports teams should be nouns, not verbs.

5 hours ago, johnzo said:

I'll call 'em the Jetties.

Worst team name is the Wild. Sports teams should be nouns, not verbs.

If Utah sell out their building every game then no one will care about their name. The worst sports name is RedBlacks & it ain't even close.

8 hours ago, bb1 said:

Better than Powder.

How about Utah Mother F’rs?

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Utah sell out their building every game then no one will care about their name. The worst sports name is RedBlacks & it ain't even close.

Redblacks actually sounds good in French.  Rouge et Noir.  Kinda classy. 

In English, I agree, it's garbage.

13 hours ago, bb1 said:

COL had the Yeti/Bigfoot feet as a shoulder patch for years.

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

Redblacks actually sounds good in French.  Rouge et Noir.  Kinda classy. 

In English, I agree, it's garbage.

Red & Black does sound better. Rod Black sounds worse.

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

COL had the Yeti/Bigfoot feet as a shoulder patch for years.

Red & Black does sound better. Rod Black sounds worse.

Yeah i remember that,those were ugly patches so Utah is gonna build on that...😄

On 2024-05-22 at 5:40 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I imagine if a team today said “we are calling ourselves the Penguins or the Maple Leafs” there would be a ton of scorn online, yet we don’t really hear how goofy it is. Don Cheery pointed this out when the Ducks branded themselves. A name is just a name at the end of the day. 

5 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I imagine if a team today said “we are calling ourselves the Penguins or the Maple Leafs” there would be a ton of scorn online, yet we don’t really hear how goofy it is. Don Cheery pointed this out when the Ducks branded themselves. A name is just a name at the end of the day. 

They dumped the Mighty and the purple green and everything turned around. All worked out in the end.

I'm remain fascinated when teams get eliminated in the playoffs, sure enough some players come out and discuss the injuries' they were trying to play thru and in most (not all) cases a round about explanation of why their production dipped in the playoffs.

It's got to be tough to be a coach as you have depth who are ready to go at 100% and need to weigh that with a starter who is operating at less than 100% and that less than 100% can be sometimes quite significant. 

And if you go with the injuryed starter the message you're sending to the depth guy is he's better than you at 60% (I made this percentage up) than you are at 100%.   

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm remain fascinated when teams get eliminated in the playoffs, sure enough some players come out and discuss the injuries' they were trying to play thru and in most (not all) cases a round about explanation of why their production dipped in the playoffs.

It's got to be tough to be a coach as you have depth who are ready to go at 100% and need to weigh that with a starter who is operating at less than 100% and that less than 100% can be sometimes quite significant. 

And if you go with the injuryed starter the message you're sending to the depth guy is he's better than you at 60% (I made this percentage up) than you are at 100%.   

Adam Bighill says hello.

On 2024-05-21 at 10:02 PM, bb1 said:

200.webp?cid=790b7611g6kfif4gc7pv714hd9a

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2024-05-21 at 11:02 PM, bb1 said:

The-Yeti-WCW-1.jpg

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Not surprised he got something... pretty flagrant but certain angles also make it look like a bit of a dive from Rodrigues.  If he would have made more contact or actually injured Rodrigues, I'd bet it'd be more than just a fine.