2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

So they just burned $20,000 on that.  

Good due diligence before signing him..clown show just continues there

And as for the injury...well deserved justice done legally for the cheap head shot he took earlier in the game on Woli...u know 100 percent it was on Sheeds mind and when he saw a chance to bury him ...he did

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

If I were a wagering man I would suggest that after all the media uproar about Kelly being there, some tall forehead at MLSE phoned Pinball and asked him WTF were you thinking.

Seems self-explanatory. He was there and now he isn’t.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Seems self-explanatory. He was there and now he isn’t.

Yep. I would say for sure Pinball had to have some difficult conversations with his bosses the last couple days.

Just now, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2024/05/13/tsn-panellist-ex-gm-jim-barker-says-cfl-staffers-should-be-fined-for-criticizing-argos-handling-of-chad-kelly/

Barker is more likely to get fired for these comments then those two ladies are to be fined. Wow what a tone deaf dolt. 

he should be immediately turfed by TSN for that comment....wow is all I can say...way to show zero support for woman and work place harrasment....idiot

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2024/05/13/tsn-panellist-ex-gm-jim-barker-says-cfl-staffers-should-be-fined-for-criticizing-argos-handling-of-chad-kelly/

Barker is more likely to get fired for these comments then those two ladies are to be fined. Wow what a tone deaf dolt. 

Wow a guy with a history of disrespect to women has a **** take on respectful work place behavior towards women....color me surprised...

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

he should be immediately turfed by TSN for that comment....wow is all I can say...way to show zero support for woman and work place harrasment....idiot

100%. Surprise surprise though it's defending debauchery by the argos.  He may not get canned right away, but I think this is gonna lead to the end of his career up here. 

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Wow a guy with a history of disrespect to women has a **** take on respectful work place behavior towards women....color me surprised...

Argos gonna argo

I think it's dumb when people get fined for criticizing the league.

If I'm in Barker's position and I took a bad fine in the past, I'd take this opportunity to fight for free speech. When they fined him, I'm sure he was against it, but now he's suddenly on the league's side and these women should be fined? Noooope. 

32 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Barker's right. If you want equality, you have to treat everyone the same. Of course what we like to call equality is actually 'special' groups who we need to 'protect'. 

Barker is an idiot trotting out a false equivalency from 15 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I think it's dumb when people get fined for criticizing the league.

If I'm in Barker's position and I took a bad fine in the past, I'd take this opportunity to fight for free speech. When they fined him, I'm sure he was against it, but now he's suddenly on the league's side and these women should be fined? Noooope. 

Nobody is criticizing the league.  They are criticizing the Argos and idiots like Pinball and Barker.

Barker is taking is personally because he brought Kelly to the league and is all in.

17 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

angry-old-man-get-off-my-lawn-atxk9ydtk3

willarguewithanyoneaboutanything.gif

A broke clock is right twice a day. Which is 2 times a day more often than people who make being antithetical their entire personality. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I mean, I would imagine he’s *technically* right but someone needs to tell him that in a case like this, *technically* isn’t the side of the argument you want to be on.

Is he though? Did she criticize the league or just a team?

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Barker is an idiot trotting out a false equivalency from 15 years ago.

Nobody is criticizing the league.  They are criticizing the Argos and idiots like Pinball and Barker.

Barker is taking is personally because he brought Kelly to the league and is all in.

There were some fluff pieces about him as the architect of the argos championship team that made it seem like he was being poised for yet another front office return to the league. The cancerous nature of the argos might be killing it, and that might be what he is railing against. 

16 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Is he though? Did she criticize the league or just a team?

Marcoux went on to say how she and female staff members across the league have advised CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie the handling of this “extremely serious situation has been a complete and utter failure from top to bottom.”

“You promised to go above and beyond the league recommendations,” she posted. “Yet at the first opportunity to do so, you did the complete opposite. You have only managed to downplay a serious situation and make women across the league feel unvalued, disrespected and unsupported. Do better.”

Edited by TBURGESS

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Marcoux went on to say how she and female staff members across the league have advised CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie the handling of this “extremely serious situation has been a complete and utter failure from top to bottom.”

“You promised to go above and beyond the league recommendations,” she posted. “Yet at the first opportunity to do so, you did the complete opposite. You have only managed to downplay a serious situation and make women across the league feel unvalued, disrespected and unsupported. Do better.”

Give the whole quote:

“Pinball, you said yesterday ‘We will give Chad Kelly all the support he needs.’ What are you doing to support your female staff that now have to face coming to work every day with a predator in the building? Have you even spoken to them about your decision to allow this?

As I and many female staff members across the league have communicated to Randy Ambrosie, the handling of this extremely serious situation has been a complete and utter failure from top to bottom. You promised to go above and beyond the league recommendations.

Yet at the first opportunity to do so, you did the complete opposite. You have only managed to downplay a serious situation and make women across the league feel unvalued, disrespected and unsupported. Do better.”

This is directed at Pinball and also .. your privilege is showing just a bit.

5 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Give the whole quote:

“Pinball, you said yesterday ‘We will give Chad Kelly all the support he needs.’ What are you doing to support your female staff that now have to face coming to work every day with a predator in the building? Have you even spoken to them about your decision to allow this?

As I and many female staff members across the league have communicated to Randy Ambrosie, the handling of this extremely serious situation has been a complete and utter failure from top to bottom. You promised to go above and beyond the league recommendations.

Yet at the first opportunity to do so, you did the complete opposite. You have only managed to downplay a serious situation and make women across the league feel unvalued, disrespected and unsupported. Do better.”

This is directed at Pinball and also .. your privilege is showing just a bit.

The bolded part is clear. The you in the statement is Randy Ambrosie, IE the league. 

Privilege? What privilege?