East Semi Final Game Thread

bluto

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I kind of hope he does tbh. Losing out on Younger at DC for Hall’s last year(s) would be pretty rough. 
IMO Younger will be a co-ordinator next season one way or the other 

Has there been any legit talk of this anywhere? Or just because he hasn’t signed a new deal? 

I just trust JBR to have inside info.... That scares me a lot. Especially if there's bad blood with him and Osh now that caused this. I hate the thought of The Trinity having a fissure....

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I just trust JBR to have inside info.... That scares me a lot. Especially if there's bad blood with him and Osh now that caused this. I hate the thought of The Trinity having a fissure....

I missed this. What inside information are you referring to? 

Edited by canadianjayhawk

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It's a confluence.  Walters going home anyway and Hamilton having some big changes.  Steinauer has wanted out for a couple years but hung on for Bob Young.  Both Walters and Steinauer want to go home for family reasons, not any big organizational issues.  Hamilton has a nice setup for Walters with the AGM's to just be the guy who oversees the football operation, not a rebuild.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It's a confluence.  Walters going home anyway and Hamilton having some big changes.  Steinauer has wanted out for a couple years but hung on for Bob Young.  Both Walters and Steinauer want to go home for family reasons, not any big organizational issues.  Hamilton has a nice setup for Walters with the AGM's to just be the guy who oversees the football operation, not a rebuild.

This is seriously upsetting for me. I am not ready for the death of The Trinity. I sincerely hope this doesn't mean there's bad blood with Osh and Walters. That would really be a shame. I guess Goveia gets a promotion. Maybe that Cyril guy does too? God I hate this so much...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

This is seriously upsetting for me. I am not ready for the death of The Trinity. I sincerely hope this doesn't mean there's bad blood with Osh and Walters. That would really be a shame. I guess Goveia gets a promotion. Maybe that Cyril guy does too? God I hate this so much...

I haven't heard of any bad blood. Has anyone else?

21 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

I could see Walters going back to S. Ont.

But man, Dru Brown in Steeltown? They have no clue at QB. Steinauer will break him.

Again, of you read JBRs info (which is 100% based in fact) Steinauer is out, for family reasons. Has wanted out for a couple years but stayed for Caretaker Bob. Now he can go home and Milanovich can take over. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

That’s quite a rabbit hole you’re falling down, Alice.

2 hours ago, canadianjayhawk said:

I haven't heard of any bad blood. Has anyone else?

The only time I have heard it mentioned was by a few posters who say that Walters must be unhappy with the roster management decisions of O’Shea (presumably because they are unhappy with it, so every one in the organization must be as well) and it has caused a rift. And that the rift extends to Miller, who needs to sit OSH down and give him a talking to. Serious projection from some disgruntled posters, IMO. 

But if any of the “insiders” know differently, by all means let’s hear it. It would be very surprising to me though. Why would Walters be mad that the roster he has built has been very successfully deployed by OSH at a level of excellence not seen consistently in these parts for some 60 years. And is Miller really upset with his coach for rostering a team that has gotten them their 3rd straight home West Final playoff game, led to a surge in season tickets and sellouts, and big profits?

Things have not been this rosy in Bomberland in my lifetime, except for those unhappy folks lamenting the inevitable decline and worrying about the other shoe dropping instead of embracing the joyful ride, and the mild criticisms take on a life of their own, and then it manifests itself into these types of rumours of a hidden bad blood that will topple the house of cards. Just my take. 

Re: Bad Blood... Maybe I misinterpreted JBR post about why Walters is heading to Ham, but you can rest assured that JBR isn't BSing when he says Walters is going (for apparent family reasons) and that Steinauer is also leaving and Milanovich is taking over... Among the big changes in Ham this coming offseason.

I don't believe it's any real conflict in the organization.

Walters has been doing 24/7/365 type jobs for most of the last 15 or so years.

It appears that he is ready to take a step back.  That's pretty clear.  His kids are both high school aged and his wife has been developing her own career.  He seems like a guy ready to take more time on that end. 

The Hamilton stuff is just speculation given how that's lining up and potential for him to be more of the big picture guy in that front office than the take care of every detail role.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don't believe it's any real conflict in the organization.

Walters has been doing 24/7/365 type jobs for most of the last 15 or so years.

It appears that he is ready to take a step back.  That's pretty clear.  His kids are both high school aged and his wife has been developing her own career.  He seems like a guy ready to take more time on that end. 

The Hamilton stuff is just speculation given how that's lining up and potential for him to be more of the big picture guy in that front office than the take care of every detail role.

Appreciate the info. You're one of the few on here I trust explicitly.

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

If Walters leaves, do we go Goveia or do we get Ridgemaiden back?

This is the conversation I'm interested in. I assume Goevia but I'm curious who WANTS the job and who would work well with Osh. The thing about Walters and Osh is that they've been buddies forever. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This is the conversation I'm interested in. I assume Goevia but I'm curious who WANTS the job and who would work well with Osh. The thing about Walters and Osh is that they've been buddies forever. 

I feel like they'd go Goveia out of loyalty and him being here so long but that Ridgemaiden may be the better choice due to his ability to find players.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

I feel like they'd go Goveia out of loyalty and him being here so long but that Ridgemaiden may be the better choice due to his ability to find players.

Everyone seems super high on that Cyril guy who scouts down south for them... But not sure if he's just a bird dog or if he is eyeing up the big chair. There's so much that goes with being a GM. Walters is a friggin genius when it came to the cap and all that... Going to be near impossible to replace.

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Again, of you read JBRs info (which is 100% based in fact) Steinauer is out, for family reasons. Has wanted out for a couple years but stayed for Caretaker Bob. Now he can go home and Milanovich can take over. 

OK I did not see that. Milanovich the QB whisperer. Walters takes Dru with him to Ham. Hmmm. So will Walters be dealing with himself when taking offers on Brown's neg rights prior to free agency period? That would be a conflict of interest, right? Everyone seems to think there will be a Dru Brown lottery so Bombers should be able to demand plenty for first right to talk/tamper with him/his agent ... 

Edited by Doublezero