3 stars plus hh pre season pity mode

wbbfan

1 Brady  what a beast Carried the team 

2 schoen  some tough catches and great running with the ball 

3 Sergio missed the long one on a tree bouncer but 6/7 and solid in kick offs  

hh Parker with the only tight coverage we seen in a while. 

crunch of the game Eli knocked a guy out of his cleats early on 

awe that’s dirty the refs for the none call on Willy being tackled from behind. 

1. #20 Oliveira, those rushing yards, creating TOP.

2. #14 Castillo, his points made a difference.

3. #8 Collaros, he ran an offence that controlled the Argo defence.

HH - #82 Wolitarsky, I’ll spell his whole name, respect, because he made some clutch catches with yac’s. 

1. Brady. I echo what @wbbfan said 100%. I'll add that I think he definitively is our MOP this year and I'd suggest MVP as well. I think we survive an injury to Zach better than an injury to Brady. He's the straw that stirs the drink. And his seal block opened up the edge for Prukop to walk in for the winning TD

2. Schoen. Clutch and smooth

3. Woli. I think he caught everything thrown his way?

HH. Prukop. Did his job every time.

My provocative question of the night -- given Zach's apparent regression, is he going to be worth his contract over the next two years? Would we be better off developing Brown? I'm less sure of the answer than I'd like to be and it's a moot point because we're obviously sticking with Zach, but it begs the question a bit at least. Zach is a surefire Ring of Honor inductee and I love everything he's done for us but he is so up and down this year, making some questionable decisions and ugly throws. 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It’s amazing how an oline can play well on run plays not so much on pass plays.

I really think there's something wrong with Collaros. Like he's making them look worse by not being trusting or patient. Dunno what it is but dude needs to settle down and be the guy he has shown he can be. 

1 minute ago, Piggy 1 said:

1.Brady O. He keeps getting stronger. As he goes...........

2. ZC. Hung in there.

3. Parker, hope he plays more on that corner.

HH. Shoen and Woli, key grabs when we needed them .

Been spoiled with ZC over the years, just not seeing what we’re use to seeing consistently but still wouldn’t trade him for anyone else.

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Like he's making them look worse by not being trusting or patient

too bad we dont have the stat ... how long the qb holds the ball passing plays.

only a guess, but sometimes it looks like too long to me.  waiting too long, gets sacked.

also...are receivers getting open a reasonable amount of plays?

only receiver clearly getting open 

consistently,( to me) is Schoen.  maybe woli.   

only reliable part of the o is the run.

shouldnt a great running game make passing easier?

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, Mark F said:

too bad we dont have the stat ... how long the qb holds the ball passing plays.

only a guess, but sometimes it looks like too long to me.  waiting too long, gets sacked.

also...are receivers getting open a reasonable amount of plays?

only receiver clearly getting open 

consistently,( to me) is Schoen.  maybe woli.   

only reliable part of the o is the run.

strange.

So patient also involves taking a shorter pass, trusting can also mean not pulling the trigger quick enough. 

Like sometimes he just looks to freeze, sometimes he seems to wildly throw quickly. Not the guy we saw last year anyway. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

So patient also involves taking a shorter pass, trusting can also mean not pulling the trigger quick enough. 

Like sometimes he just looks to freeze, sometimes he seems to wildly throw quickly. Not the guy we saw last year anyway. 

That’s where AC was so good with his quick delivery minimizing the hits he took resulting in lengthening his career.

1. Brady for obvious reasons

2. Sergio for making almost all his kicks

3. Wolitarsky - seemed every catch was a 2nd down conversion

HH - McFadden (Argos) who took that critical bench penalty. Was hilarious and watched it happen absolutely amazing

Also ZC made a big play saving that 15 yrd loss on a broken play and managing to throw it away

31 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

These things we’re seeing with Zach aren’t new .. they go back to last year’s playoffs.

He’s got happy feet.  He’s unsettled in the pocket and I don’t think he’s confident in his protection.  He’s also forcing throws .. it’s putting us behind the chains (or simply turning it over).

31 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I'm curious too, I saw the flag come out and Argo players coming out on the field in protest for a sec, but missed the actual deed

He was mouthing off to the sideline judge (he was on the bench) ... He wanted a PI call for a WR and ended up getting a 10 yard bench penalty with TO on offense.

Sitting behind the away team bench is a two way street, but sometimes it is absolutely spectacular

1. Brady- obvs

2. Schoen- The way he takes hits like nothing reminds me of Jason Clermont. 

3. Parker- couple good returns and stepped in well at CB when Houston went down. 

Happy Honker goes to Wade and the club for flying in those kids from up north. Too bad they can’t do it every game.