3 stars plus hh pre season pity mode

wbbfan

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

It's the hits probably 

He may very well have an injury, and after a couple of the hits from last night its not any better. The INT he tried to force into double coverage wasn't a good decision IMO.

1. Like pretty much everyone on this thread...Brady

2. Wolitarski some great catches

3. Sergio 

HH Parker had a great game and filled in well at the corner.

10 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

These things we’re seeing with Zach aren’t new .. they go back to last year’s playoffs.

He’s got happy feet.  He’s unsettled in the pocket and I don’t think he’s confident in his protection.  He’s also forcing throws .. it’s putting us behind the chains (or simply turning it over).

I think this is the reason for the odd looking play at times from Zach. 

1.  Brady.  I don’t think enough can be said about how important he is to this team. 

2. Schoen.  6 receptions for 101 yards.  It’s not the flashiest stat line but his work last night helped breathe life into a lack lustre passing attack. Making tough catches to extend drives.  Physical. Resilient.

3. Sergio.  Accounted for most of our points last night and without him, we don’t win this game.  Plain and simple.

HH - Parker.  Came in after Houston went down and struggled a bit early. Settled in, found his footing and provided solid coverage on the corner.  

This may be something of a controversial take but Toronto putting in their third string QB with a regular season game still in the balance was a sign of disrespect - they don’t respect our defence, our players and are incredibly (overly?) confident in their team.  Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take the win but if I was wearing Blue and Gold that wouldn’t sit well with me.

I think our OL is not playing as well as in 2022 when we had Couture at C. Collaros is being pressured and / or hit too often. I'm not as directly concerned that at times he throws into coverage because our receivers often beat that coverage. We're the highest scoring offence, with the most passing TD's, the league leading rusher etc etc. Have to expect some turnovers due to taking riskier shots at times.

44 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

1.  Brady.  I don’t think enough can be said about how important he is to this team. 

2. Schoen.  6 receptions for 101 yards.  It’s not the flashiest stat line but his work last night helped breathe life into a lack lustre passing attack. Making tough catches to extend drives.  Physical. Resilient.

3. Sergio.  Accounted for most of our points last night and without him, we don’t win this game.  Plain and simple.

HH - Parker.  Came in after Houston went down and struggled a bit early. Settled in, found his footing and provided solid coverage on the corner.  

This may be something of a controversial take but Toronto putting in their third strong QB with a regular season game still in the balance was a sign of disrespect - they don’t respect our defence, our players and are incredibly (overly?) confident in their team.  Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take the win but if I was wearing Blue and Gold that wouldn’t sit well with me.

Which TSN should have jumped all over (ie disrespect) but chose not too. And then they wonder how can we increase viewership? 

Oh I know show more Save On commercials and promote someone’s song because they bring  in sponsorship capital.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

1. Brady- obvs

2. Schoen- The way he takes hits like nothing reminds me of Jason Clermont. 

3. Parker- couple good returns and stepped in well at CB when Houston went down. 

Happy Honker goes to Wade and the club for flying in those kids from up north. Too bad they can’t do it every game.

Always said since early in season Parker should be in...but was met with tons of combative retorts...he is so a damn good tackler...he actually tackles and not just throw his body at a ball carrier...we get burned by that way too often...Houston being the worst offender....2 of our other better physical backs and tacklers are on PR not shockingly in ADS and Lawrence

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I really think there's something wrong with Collaros. Like he's making them look worse by not being trusting or patient. Dunno what it is but dude needs to settle down and be the guy he has shown he can be. 

It doesn't look like he's having fun, kind of reminds me of his demeanor when he played for Sask.  He's been off since that big lineman fell on his head a few weeks ago, wouldn't doubt it's concussion related as he seems to need extra time to regain his bearings each time he's knocked down.  

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

It doesn't look like he's having fun, kind of reminds me of his demeanor when he played for Sask.  He's been off since that big lineman fell on his head a few weeks ago, wouldn't doubt it's concussion related as he seems to need extra time to regain his bearings each time he's knocked down.  

Except he was the same awful player before that happened. Remember it was brown had to get the offense going in that one.

14 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Seems to me, Collaros was suppose to have a short shelf life when he first came to the Bombers. It’s the same for pretty much any player, yet a fan worrying about the next hit on #8 can’t be blamed for the concern. Zach has terrific success in still keeping the Blue within top contender category. 

Edited by Rod Black

10 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Seems to me, Collaros was suppose to have a short shelf life when he first came to the Bombers. It’s the same for pretty much any player, yet a fan worrying about the next hit on #8 can’t be blamed for the concern. Zach has terrific success in still keeping the Blue within top contender category. 

At this point Brady O and the run game are doing more for the offense week in and week out than Collaros is. Is Collaros still a top qb? Sure but as the highest paid player some of these walk abouts he does are not acceptable. 

42 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

At this point Brady O and the run game are doing more for the offense week in and week out than Collaros is. Is Collaros still a top qb? Sure but as the highest paid player some of these walk abouts he does are not acceptable. 

And that’s his downside. In actual performance #20 is top notch. Should the opposition discount Collaros potential to command the offence? They should at their own peril. 

2 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

I really hope he gets our MOP nod in addition to the obvious MOC. He deserves both.

I'm concerned that two of our highest paid players are not showing up on the regular. I wonder if the last two years and the 2019 cup run were actually a bit of an aberration for Zach Collaros. Always been a good-to-great QB, and I wonder if he's coming back down to that level after two years of undeniably MOP level play.

And for Kenny Lawler -- he can show up and take over games and then go entire halves without getting a single target. Is he not getting open consistently? Is he being doubled?

5 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

1. Brady- obvs

2. Schoen- The way he takes hits like nothing reminds me of Jason Clermont. 

3. Parker- couple good returns and stepped in well at CB when Houston went down. 

Happy Honker goes to Wade and the club for flying in those kids from up north. Too bad they can’t do it every game.

You should also give credit to Perimeter Airlines and Exchange Income Corp - it was a team effort and it was really good to see.  They've been doing this for a few years now, good to see fans from all over Manitoba get a chance to enjoy a live Bomber game.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Honestly Zach could probably help himself out a ton by taking off and running a few more times a game. 

I remember watching at Cincinnati in college and thought he was characterized as a bit of a dual threat. Looked up his stats and he ran for about 200-300 yards a season each of his starting years in college, plus a few years early in his CFL career. I fully agree that getting a few more runs would help him out. The RPO where he pulled it and ran for 8 or 9 last night was a good example. (I wasn't sure if it was a broken play at first but I think it was designed).

Just now, rebusrankin said:

If we questioning Zach and Kenny, which is fair, don't we have to question Willie, Adam and Brandon?

Without question... I definitely am. Those 3 specifically came up in my buddies group chat after the game. Alarm bells starting to go off.

16 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Saw him double-clutch on a crosser to Demski I believe it was, completely threw him off his route... I agree, he is too often bouncing around when he has time to throw, he's expecting his protection to collapse, whether it does or not

And or, and I say this with utmost respect, he’s sometimes waiting for that extra steamboat that puts a lot of pressure on the oline to hold their blocks. ‘It’s a team game’ sort of perspective. Not too mention that teams have a lot of game tape on ZC and if they execute well play to his tendencies as they need to.