3 lumps of coal plus hh trap game choke

wbbfan

1 Zach and buck. Piss poor game plan and play call. Too many face palm throws and calls only 9 runs for Brady. 

2 mos and roster management. No real back up dbs or dl leaves guys on the field too long when you also lose the top battle it gets much worse. But atleast we had the marine! 

3 the secondary aside from holm/hall Soo many massive 

Oline gets a dishonourable nod for giving up pressure consistently to 4 man rushes 

goat horns to tsn for hyping up white none stop while he gets handily out played by Demski lawler and schoen, and none stop interviews plus the terrible high angle low res shot. Also to the ref crew and cc. Another pathetic game by the jobbers

hh lawler getting jobbed on a catch call then coming right back with the td catch 

awe that’s dirty Powell throwing hands at a guy keeping him from falling down 

block of the game Bailey on George early 

hit of the game ba on white honourable mention to Augustine on kick cover 

Lawler - FU command centre, highlight of the game for me

Holm - someone on D came to play every down, all over the field, nice pick

Demski - big plays to keep the gasping offense on the field

HH - Bailey, ya he dropped a 2nd down convert at the end of the game but he also made back to back catches to set up a (missed) FG at end of the half

Awe ****** move - that ref barking at Lawler and gesturing at the ground like you would an unruly dog, f that guy

Crunch - Crisp cool 1919's to salve this wound

Is Jamal Parker really the best we can produce as a kick returner?

Night and day difference between the D Line with Jeffcoat and the D Line without Jeffcoat.

Collaros with another INT to a linebacker he didn't see. Uh oh.

Use Brady Oliveira maybe?

Our defense was just the worst. Too many times you'd see 2 DBs in the same area and no one taking the wide open guy. 

Overall the boys had their heads up their asses today

Too mad to produce any 3 "stars".  Instead I'll produce 3 turds:

1. Zach - forcing the ball too much and too many picks.  

2. Buck - completely abandoned the run game 

3. Defence - 15 yd cushions and 0 pressure on Powell

Pepto Bismol Play - OSH not taking the ball in the 3rd.

Kaopectate mention - Special Teams was special needs all day.  Castillo missing a FG and a convert.

Edited by captaincanuck12

13 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Too mad to produce any 3 "stars".  Instead I'll produce 3 turds:

1. Zach - forcing the ball too much and too many picks.  

2. Buck - completely abandoned the run game 

3. Defence - 15 yd cushions and 0 pressure on Powell

Pepto Bismol Play - OSH not taking the ball in the 3rd.

Kaopectate mention - Special Teams was special needs all day.  Castillo missing a FG and a convert.

I’d add the ingame interviews as torture icing on the cake.

15 hours ago, Bombertown said:

3 stars: Holm with the clutch pick and MODP, Demski & Lawler with some insane moves, Augustine ST play 

I love ZC but bad game for him. Bad game for willie and biggie. Horrible game for Rose and Houston. Houston has to be swapped out.

Flush it. Let the boys enjoy bye and let’s get back to it. 

I love me WJ but he was a freestyling jumping pylon not being disciplined to his responsibilities. When they break down the game tape I wonder how he will be graded and how it will be communicated to him.

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I love me WJ but he was a freestyling jumping pylon not being disciplined to his responsibilities. When they break down the game tape I wonder how he will be graded and how it will be communicated to him.

I noticed what you did as well.... I don't know enough to know, but it seemed like he was not being assignment sound (without knowing exactly what his assignment was) and losing contain. I was bothered by that.

18 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

In a close game where our D and O are letting the opposition dictate the game, Special Teams lack of execution and key holds not called was a huge kick in the junk. 

Particularly when the missed field goal was returned for a TD- that was the worst blown holding call I have seen in the CFL for many a year. It set the tone for the rest of the game. It should not have, but it did.

Just now, Tracker said:

Particularly when the missed field goal was returned for a TD- that was the worst blown holding call I have seen in the CFL for many a year. It set the tone for the rest of the game. It should not have, but it did.

And to be particularly nit picky, SC needs to at least try to break thru the hold so the ref has no choice but to call it.

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

That was knock on him in Regina- that too often his freelancing was a detriment rather than an asset. Maybe when the rest of the D-line is rolling, it adds a bit of chaos that benefits the pass rush, but we certainly do not have that now.

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

And to be particularly nit picky, SC needs to at least try to break thru the hold so the ref has no choice but to call it.

The hold was so blatant that it should not have needed to be embelished. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I noticed what you did as well.... I don't know enough to know, but it seemed like he was not being assignment sound (without knowing exactly what his assignment was) and losing contain. I was bothered by that.

Him and the rest of the defensive line. Worst I think I have ever seen that group play.

LONG POST - Day After analysis: Evan Holm is a real find for Winnipeg. Otherwise not too much to get excited about from yesterday vs Cats. Slow start as the team seemed unprepared to play football again. Field position due to lack of a return game came back to bite us - again. Embarrassing to think Legs out-kicked Castillo who has missed a few this season. No doubt wind was a factor - advantage homie, but still. Interceptions: 2 of the 3 stupid picks you can pin directly on Collaros (Oshea put one on the receiver). You get the feeling this season that Zach, along with his panic and happy feet, has regressed. What’s going to happen next season if we let Dru Brown get away? Love Zach as a leader but you have to consistently execute on the field - especially with the best receiving corps in the league. (Yes, there were one or two drops but the only one that really hurt us was the one by Sheed). Otherwise we saw too many long desperation throws into multiple coverage that were low percentage throws that missed the target. That is poor execution and play calling. It feels like like we never know each week if we’re going to get the good Zach or the bad Zach. Other problems: spotty pass rush pressure and no adjustments to the short-mid pass game Cats successfully schemed for. Defence really got exposed there and failed to adjust. Some pressure, any pressure, on Powell might have helped but we did a poor job (as we have all year) of disguising our blitz). After the Cats stuffed Oliveira and we got behind in the score (thanks a lot Winston Rose and Demerio Houston) we were predictably forced to move away from the running bully-ball style attack which has been our bread and butter. As an armchair QB I think we gave up the run way too soon. Again, seems to be a bit of panic both in the offensive play calling by Buck and execution-wise by Zach. I noticed several times this season Willie J and Bighill have gone AWOL, why? So, to sum up, happy honker award to Holm. But the problems seem to be recurring and multiplying. Toronto and BC will be watching the film from yesterday. Any team with decent coaching will have figured us out.

Edited by Doublezero

Bailey...played tough with emotion and did everything asked of him....his one drop I am not holding against him as really, that should have had no bearing on the game...thats about all I got for this game

honorable mention to WJ for gutting out pretty much 95% of the snaps and a bit to Holmie Holms for actually looking like one of the few who looked like they gave a ****, and Eli and Dobson for again just wrecking dudes....doing their role even tho both prob know they could be in the starting 5