3 lumps of coal plus hh trap game choke

wbbfan

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I felt there was nothing wrong with the receivers. Just no run game and collaros trying to score 6 every throw.

Can't recall who said it here on the boards but not going for the home run ball play all the time and focusing on a mix of the run, with those mid range passes to the flats makes more sense with our personal. 

I know Haba was on the 6-game but his play was indicative of why you don’t let new talent languish on the PR.  He brought the energy, speed and effort but his lack of experience was exposed.  He abandoned contain to try and rush up the middle several times, leading to Powell running for easy yards and 1st downs.  He should rotate in the rest of the season so he’s better prepared come playoffs.

And, for the love of god can the team get a real nose tackle… the Nevis/Stove factor is missing so badly every Bomber fan sees and knows it.

Boudreau’s been with the Bombers a long time and obviously been highly successful.  That said, what team allows their ST coordinator to cede mid-field starts to the opposing O for 14 straight games… like wtaf.

Offense needs to add back some damned ball control.  10 minutes into the 1st quarter is not the time to abandon Oliveira.  Find different and better ways to get him the ball.

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Bailey...played tough with emotion and did everything asked of him....his one drop I am not holding against him as really, that should have had no bearing on the game...thats about all I got for this game

honorable mention to WJ for gutting out pretty much 95% of the snaps and a bit to Holmie Holms for actually looking like one of the few who looked like they gave a ****, and Eli and Dobson for again just wrecking dudes....doing their role even tho both prob know they could be in the starting 5

Bailey was amazing on that jet sweep off tackle. I love when he runs that instead of wide out. 
 Wj really suffers when we don’t have a nose or jj. Or a rotation. I don’t blame him as much. We need to atleast have a rotation to enable him to do his best. 

58 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Bailey was amazing on that jet sweep off tackle. I love when he runs that instead of wide out. 
 Wj really suffers when we don’t have a nose or jj. Or a rotation. I don’t blame him as much. We need to atleast have a rotation to enable him to do his best. 

Yup...love when bailey just puts his head down and takes guys on

And with WJ u can't expect him to do what he does 100 percent for 90 percent of the snaps...double teamed...mugged...chipped...no end can do it without proper rotation and depth around him

People were complaining that he was doing too much contain...or not rushing with ears back...but seemed to be trying to be more concerned with a knock down...well what do you expect...he needs to take plays off cause...well we know why...been moaned about adnausium...so he at least trying to make a difference with something he is good at and is just as good as a sack or a pressure...kudos to him for not just totally dogging it

16 hours ago, Booch said:

Yup...love when bailey just puts his head down and takes guys on

And with WJ u can't expect him to do what he does 100 percent for 90 percent of the snaps...double teamed...mugged...chipped...no end can do it without proper rotation and depth around him

People were complaining that he was doing too much contain...or not rushing with ears back...but seemed to be trying to be more concerned with a knock down...well what do you expect...he needs to take plays off cause...well we know why...been moaned about adnausium...so he at least trying to make a difference with something he is good at and is just as good as a sack or a pressure...kudos to him for not just totally dogging it

Also I’d add the tiger cats got away with straight mugging when it comes to holding. I don’t think a single call was made either way all game. 
 When you’re getting mugged as a de, don’t have a rotation to stay fresh and have a rook on the other end going ham for pressure he might just think it’s better if he doesn’t get a good pressure angle on the first move to play the pass lane more and try to remain in a good contain position on his edge. 

A lot of what makes he and jj soo deadly as a combo is they take Layered rush lanes so who ever gets first pressure likely pushes the qb into another tackler. When things are working well any way. When they aren’t and we have an end out, guys worn out, and or lack pressure up the middle we see mobile qbs walking through those gaps for easy first downs. 19/21 those guys ran into stove, kongbo Nevis etc. the Jeff’s create a ton of pressure and lots of sacks but not always for them self self or each other. 

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Also I’d add the tiger cats got away with straight mugging when it comes to holding. I don’t think a single call was made either way all game. 
 When you’re getting mugged as a de, don’t have a rotation to stay fresh and have a rook on the other end going ham for pressure he might just think it’s better if he doesn’t get a good pressure angle on the first move to play the pass lane more and try to remain in a good contain position on his edge. 

A lot of what makes he and jj soo deadly as a combo is they take Layered rush lanes so who ever gets first pressure likely pushes the qb into another tackler. When things are working well any way. When they aren’t and we have an end out, guys worn out, and or lack pressure up the middle we see mobile qbs walking through those gaps for easy first downs. 19/21 those guys ran into stove, kongbo Nevis etc. the Jeff’s create a ton of pressure and lots of sacks but not always for them self self or each other. 

yeah...perfectly put....and it's noticeable.

Having just 1 other legit end to rotate in, and or a legit DT in the middle would do worlds of difference....Even then we could run our 3...or 4 de sets and it would as well make things extremely difficult because they way we did it with twists and stunts there was generally 2 guys coming free

And back to having a legit interior....would allow Biggie and Wilson to be way more effective like in those yrs, a lot of things being chalked up to Biggie slowing down, or not being as effective is due to whats going on in front of him.

Once our ends flush the quarterback or make him walk up in the pocket, or escape it there is no resistance most times between the tackles...Thomas can't get off a block anymore, and has next to no athleticism now to get after anyone and is 90% of time jogging following up the play....like literally go watch some pvr'd games and see it...Walker is much better, but he is not dominant, and when 2 guys can attack him....it's tough sledding for him and he can get washed out easier. 

Lawson is our best interior guy, who can take on 2 guys and not be eliminated, as well get off and make plays at l.o.s but again too many times we trot out Thomas with him, and basically it becomes negated. And then our LB's get wshed away or have to contend with a lineman or two immediately in their face...or look to be just running into the mass of bodies....they have no choice, and if they try to circumvent, and go outside or around it, makes them appear to be whiffing and not reading the play...they can't win

I been complaining and likely annoying many here for months now about this, and it's purely a roster issue, and personnel thing... We roster poorly position wise, and we play personel who aren't good enough, and refuse to inject any new blood, or even try something else.....it's maddening

If we rostered the Jeff's with another actual legit end...Be it Haba or give Garbutt a shot....he sure looks quick and explosive in the practices I observed, And went heavy with Walker and Lawson and found a way to get Fox in the mix...it would be night and day...and it's doable...Jackson off roster, and try Fox in place of Clements or Cole....they are never both on field anyway together on defence so pick your poison, and I would actually sit Thomas a few games and get Kelly on roster for more young athletic ST coverage...and if Hansen is back, or close then even better...we would have a front line rotation of WJ...Jeffcoat..Walker..Fox..Haba..Lawson and Hansen....7 guys...7 legit quality guys....cause as I see it..Osh will keep trotting out Kramdi at SAM, so we don't even need to actually start a Canadian on the D-line....so why the need for Thomas....he plays no teams, and just doesn't have it anymore....poor drafting the last 2 yrs and the failure to sign a National DT in FA basically made us have to keep him on

Edited by Booch

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

I been complaining and likely annoying many here for months now about this

van-wilder-comedy.gif

You're not wrong though, more effective bodies on the DL are needed. Lawson and Haba have looked good, they need to get more opportunity. We are sorely missing Hansen on DL rotation and STs, I don't think we'd have all the issues we do now if he was out there wrecking people on kick coverage, I hope he's good to go after the bye.

Yes we brought Exume back to try and shore things up but we are still giving up big returns. Whether it is the new scheme or not, missing our 2 arguably best players on coverage is hurting us constantly.

Maybe our new returner will be ready for his debut after the bye? We could use a spark there, too, no disrespect to Parker who is trying

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yeah...perfectly put....and it's noticeable.

Having just 1 other legit end to rotate in, and or a legit DT in the middle would do worlds of difference....Even then we could run our 3...or 4 de sets and it would as well make things extremely difficult because they way we did it with twists and stunts there was generally 2 guys coming free

And back to having a legit interior....would allow Biggie and Wilson to be way more effective like in those yrs, a lot of things being chalked up to Biggie slowing down, or not being as effective is due to whats going on in front of him.

Once our ends flush the quarterback or make him walk up in the pocket, or escape it there is no resistance most times between the tackles...Thomas can't get off a block anymore, and has next to no athleticism now to get after anyone and is 90% of time jogging following up the play....like literally go watch some pvr'd games and see it...Walker is much better, but he is not dominant, and when 2 guys can attack him....it's tough sledding for him and he can get washed out easier. 

Lawson is our best interior guy, who can take on 2 guys and not be eliminated, as well get off and make plays at l.o.s but again too many times we trot out Thomas with him, and basically it becomes negated. And then our LB's get wshed away or have to contend with a lineman or two immediately in their face...or look to be just running into the mass of bodies....they have no choice, and if they try to circumvent, and go outside or around it, makes them appear to be whiffing and not reading the play...they can't win

I been complaining and likely annoying many here for months now about this, and it's purely a roster issue, and personnel thing... We roster poorly position wise, and we play personel who aren't good enough, and refuse to inject any new blood, or even try something else.....it's maddening

If we rostered the Jeff's with another actual legit end...Be it Haba or give Garbutt a shot....he sure looks quick and explosive in the practices I observed, And went heavy with Walker and Lawson and found a way to get Fox in the mix...it would be night and day...and it's doable...Jackson off roster, and try Fox in place of Clements or Cole....they are never both on field anyway together on defence so pick your poison, and I would actually sit Thomas a few games and get Kelly on roster for more young athletic ST coverage...and if Hansen is back, or close then even better...we would have a front line rotation of WJ...Jeffcoat..Walker..Fox..Haba..Lawson and Hansen....7 guys...7 legit quality guys....cause as I see it..Osh will keep trotting out Kramdi at SAM, so we don't even need to actually start a Canadian on the D-line....so why the need for Thomas....he plays no teams, and just doesn't have it anymore....poor drafting the last 2 yrs and the failure to sign a National DT in FA basically made us have to keep him on

Idk why we have fox and garbutt on the pr especially for this long. If you are gonna dress Schmekel when you do finally roster an extra dt it’s just a waste of space and time. I mean how much thinner at dl do we have to get? 

Idk how discussion can be more annoying than watching our front 6 get owned and watching our defence crumble in the 4th. 2021 wasn’t long ago. When we didn’t have stove for the first part we struggled with getting gashed by big runs early. It was the main weak link. Stove came in vs bc and manhandled their interior single handedly. 

in the cfl especially, you need high level dl depth. And you need a nose. Other wise you rely too much on dbs in the run fits, and get guys gassed out. The drives can be crazy long up here. The field is huge and every qb can move around. A cfl dl has to run waaay more than down south. 

Carrying 2 back up ol has been a big deal this year. Especially the beef that is Dobson and Eli. We go heavy set and other teams just can’t cope. I’d seriously put a 2 way number on one and have them rotate at dt if we can’t manage to fill all the roster needs. We have the ability to manage the roster better and fix most of the problems but we do need more guys at db as well. If we kept 3 imo des on, and then put one of those two in for 1/3 reps or even less and just had them maul ol it’d go a long long way. 
If I was trying to turn around or build a cfl team I’d look at cast off ol who are explosive and nasty to fill out at dt in general. A lot of guys come through who don’t have the foot work / fluidity/ mobility and the polish to be ol. But are big mean athletes who can push a guy. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I think waiting for Hansen and Miller to be healthy has definitely been a detriment to special teams. Having 7 OL on the roster all the time as well probably not the ideal situation for teams either. 

This is a great great point. how can we be soo far off with Hansen and when he will be healthy all the time. 

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

Yes we brought Exume back to try and shore things up but we are still giving up big returns. Whether it is the new scheme or not, missing our 2 arguably best players on coverage is hurting us constantly.

Maybe our new returner will be ready for his debut after the bye? We could use a spark there, too, no disrespect to Parker who is trying

100%

I've said before we should use Dobson at nose on occasion to either tie up 2 guys trying to control him, or have him just go =balls to the wall bullrushing up the gut and collapsing things....cause he could....Imagine a center an his guards trying to control those 2 both bullrushing?...good luck with that

59 minutes ago, Booch said:

I've said before we should use Dobson at nose on occasion to either tie up 2 guys trying to control him, or have him just go =balls to the wall bullrushing up the gut and collapsing things....cause he could....Imagine a center an his guards trying to control those 2 both bullrushing?...good luck with that

Imagine the interior ol if they had to deal with Dobson and Lawson both inside? Put one on a centre and one on a guard have em both bull rush then just try and block one of the Jeff’s 1 on 1 on the edge lol. 
 Or twist Dobson over Lawson. That guy with a head full of steam on the centre with a full head of steam would be hilarious. Could double twist and have Jefferson come between the two dts. 
That would even allow another imp on for walker. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Imagine the interior ol if they had to deal with Dobson and Lawson both inside? Put one on a centre and one on a guard have em both bull rush then just try and block one of the Jeff’s 1 on 1 on the edge lol. 
 Or twist Dobson over Lawson. That guy with a head full of steam on the centre with a full head of steam would be hilarious. Could double twist and have Jefferson come between the two dts. 
That would even allow another imp on for walker. 

yup....Dobson for a big bugger is ultra athletic...would cause a lot of chaos....could be the 2020's Eric Wilson playing both lines....why not....

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I just don't understand having 2 backup ol and 2 backup NI dts on the roster. Surely there is a better use of bodies.

Plus, 2 Imp lbers 1 global 2 ni, backing up 2 starters. We refuse to use those guys more creatively, and our kick cover is the worst it’s been under mos tenure. 
Our Roster management is crap. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I just don't understand having 2 backup ol and 2 backup NI dts on the roster. Surely there is a better use of bodies.

especially 2 lousy back up dt's.....Use Dobson both ways, and dress Kelly in lieu of Schpackle and limit Thomas or put Burtenshaw back on and make it easier to dump Jackson...easy peasy

Just now, wbbfan said:

Plus, 2 Imp lbers 1 global 2 ni, backing up 2 starters. We refuse to use those guys more creatively, and our kick cover is the worst it’s been under mos tenure. 
Our Roster management is crap. 

here here.....