Elks at Tigercats

rebusrankin

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

He's not great. But he's getting 0 help.

I was just going to say, he’s done enough to win this game, but apparently no one can catch a ball.   I would think even both these QB’s would look a lot better with our group of receivers to throw to.  

Its good if Edmonton gets the w.  We no longer have to hear about when they will get their first win and all that other BS that comes with it.

This year is becoming the year of the backup QB.  Unfortunately, I think that this is going to be the growing pains with the CFL when the elite guard finally retires.  I really hope the bombers can hang on to Brown.  

1 minute ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Its good if Edmonton gets the w.  We no longer have to hear about when they will get their first win and all that other BS that comes with it.

This year is becoming the year of the backup QB.  Unfortunately, I think that this is going to be the growing pains with the CFL when the elite guard finally retires.  I really hope the bombers can hang on to Brown.  

The record breaking home losing streak that made all the news is still going strong though! 

Not to start anything here… 🙂

But as I recall, there were quite a few Liegghio defenders on this site last year… even after his debacle performance in the playoffs, including playing the single biggest role in us losing the Grey cup.

The only ones I was more irritated with at that time was the bomber brass. Why they went out and got Medlock after the Lirum 2015 season and then went out and got Castillo after realizing Leggio was pooping the bed in 2021 yet decide to stick with him in 2022…??

this after openly saying that both Medlock and Castillo we’re worth it because you cannot afford to be without a reliable kicker and hope to win a championship. They knew this! They acted on it twice before!

So, I am sorry my friends, MOS is the bomb in a lot of ways. But this weird loyalty thing really gets in the way sometimes. O’Shea still has to wear our failure to three peat in a significant way.

3 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Not to start anything here… 🙂

But as I recall, there were quite a few Liegghio defenders on this site last year… even after his debacle performance in the playoffs, including playing the single biggest role in us losing the Grey cup.

The only ones I was more irritated with at that time was the bomber brass. Why they went out and got Medlock after the Lirum 2015 season and then went out and got Castillo after realizing Leggio was pooping the bed in 2021 yet decide to stick with him in 2022…??

this after openly saying that both Medlock and Castillo we’re worth it because you cannot afford to be without a reliable kicker and hope to win a championship. They knew this! They acted on it twice before!

So, I am sorry my friends, MOS is the bomb in a lot of ways. But this weird loyalty thing really gets in the way sometimes. O’Shea still has to wear our failure to three peat in a significant way.

Was frustrating that there was no real competition.  They knew Liegghio struggled to do all 3 jobs the year before.

They kept Mourtada around but sorry that guy was a joke at this level.  Nowhere near good enough as an American to play as a kicker.

And in the end it cost the team.  Liegghio blew it with poor punting and placekicking in the biggest game.  Maybe his punting would have been fine if that was his only job.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Calling it now. The Elks finish with more wins than Hamilton. The Ticats are bad, bad, bad.

Powell looks alright.  Not super athletic or decisive in getting out of the pocket, but good arm, reasonable decision making with arm.

Defense looked absolutely stupid coming out in man coverage vs Ford letting him both run all over them and hit the deep shots.  2nd half went more zone and Ford did basically nothing.  Not a lot of compete on that Hamilton D vs the run.

I still say it shouldn't have come down to a single kick. Plenty of blame to spread around, from Collaros playing hobbled to the Prukop pick and lots more inbetween. And he didn't miss the kick it was blocked (yayaya save your breath). Nevertheless we lost when we could have won, and thank goodness EDM cut Castillo loose

22 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I still say it shouldn't have come down to a single kick. Plenty of blame to spread around, from Collaros playing hobbled to the Prukop pick and lots more inbetween. And he didn't miss the kick it was blocked (yayaya save your breath). Nevertheless we lost when we could have won, and thank goodness EDM cut Castillo loose

Well the sport is about everyone executing their job and he sure as hell wasn’t anywhere close to it in that game on all fronts.  Maybe if he doesn’t swing a punt right down the seam that gets returned into our end for the Argo TD “drive” we don’t need the kick at the end.

9 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Well the sport is about everyone executing their job and he sure as hell wasn’t anywhere close to it in that game on all fronts.  Maybe if he doesn’t swing a punt right down the seam that gets returned into our end for the Argo TD “drive” we don’t need the kick at the end.

I agree. Legghios punting was God awful that game