Biggies game

wbbfan

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Just cause I'm a stickler...Taylor isn't retired. He's on the Stamps, just hasn't made game day roster this year.

41 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah Nick was here for the Stamps game...came over and visited the boys in locker-room after the game too

That’s right I forgot he went to their camp. I guess he’s on their pr/ir? 
Another great guy.  

15 hours ago, johnzo said:

Who are the good tacklers in the CFL?  Every week I see guys laying out big body blows, but good one-on-one form tackles seem rarer and rarer.

I'm not sure if this is true or if it's something I just read, but it seems like since full-contact practices were limited tackling has been real iffy in the league.

When his shoulder/arm has been ****** up over significant  parts of the last three season he misses a few more tackles (go figure) when he is coming from 20 yards away. 

When he is relatively healthy - like he is now- he is more than fine. Everyone misses tackles once in awhile. He is just always around the ball. 

15 hours ago, johnzo said:

TSN had a sideline puff piece on Willy talking about how he was doing some of his offseason training in deep snow now that he's moved to Winnipeg.  Prairie snowdrifts + dark web DNA might be the new hot regimen.

Working out in knee high snow = no joke. 

16 hours ago, johnzo said:

Who are the good tacklers in the CFL?  Every week I see guys laying out big body blows, but good one-on-one form tackles seem rarer and rarer.

I'm not sure if this is true or if it's something I just read, but it seems like since full-contact practices were limited tackling has been real iffy in the league.

So far from what I’ve seen… Daramy-Swaray seems to be a pretty damn sure tackler…. Not suggesting he’s the bast tackler in the league or anything… I think there is a lot of sure tackling happening it’s just the shoulder hits get more attention (good and bad ones)

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

So far from what I’ve seen… Daramy-Swaray seems to be a pretty damn sure tackler…. Not suggesting he’s the bast tackler in the league or anything… I think there is a lot of sure tackling happening it’s just the shoulder hits get more attention (good and bad ones)

was gonna say....from limited time....he looks like a pretty damn good guy in that regard....he also has phenomenal closing speed....this yrs gem DB find I'm thinking....can return too

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

was gonna say....from limited time....he looks like a pretty damn good guy in that regard....he also has phenomenal closing speed....this yrs gem DB find I'm thinking....can return too

I was a little skeptical of the guy at first......now that he's found his game here, it definitely is loking like Daramy-Swaray is the real thing.....This guy is just going to keep getting better ...has all the tools

16 hours ago, johnzo said:

That’s a damn good question. Off the top of my head, no joke, miller. For starters on Defence? It’s harder and the best are likely undersized dbs who don’t sell out for hits like Darby. Best lber for my money is jsk and he hasn’t even played this year. 

16 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The other issue is how tackling is being taught at atom thru to University isn’t been done consistently and on top of that not translating to the pros.

Football as a whole needs to come down hard on head first tackles. As hard as targeting or spearing now and get harder on those calls. Force the players and teams to adapt. Be it hawk tackling or other ways. 

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

All our dbs are generally really good tacklers. It’s pretty key in the hall system. Rose is a great tackler, Darby etc. BA used to be but he’s gone mad selling out for hits. Taylor loffler syndrome. 

47 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That’s a damn good question. Off the top of my head, no joke, miller. For starters on Defence? It’s harder and the best are likely undersized dbs who don’t sell out for hits like Darby. Best lber for my money is jsk and he hasn’t even played this year. 

Football as a whole needs to come down hard on head first tackles. As hard as targeting or spearing now and get harder on those calls. Force the players and teams to adapt. Be it hawk tackling or other ways. 

All our dbs are generally really good tacklers. It’s pretty key in the hall system. Rose is a great tackler, Darby etc. BA used to be but he’s gone mad selling out for hits. Taylor loffler syndrome. 

Rose for sure is underrated for tackling...Parker is prob the best tackler on the team...but in limited action so far Swarmay seems to be that guy now...Cole is good too...and he has prob best sideline to sideline speed for tracking guys down on the team

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Rose for sure is underrated for tackling...Parker is prob the best tackler on the team...but in limited action so far Swarmay seems to be that guy now...Cole is good too...and he has prob best sideline to sideline speed for tracking guys down on the team

If we are talking 2022, I’d says Leggs had the highest % of successful tackles per attempt. 

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

Cole reminds me of Tony Burnett. Freak athlete wil we had a few years back. He played a lot of teams and went to bc to try and start but disappeared. He was a track star at usc (track scholarship who walked on to the football team.) did run jump hurdles stuff. I remember he had some blazing 100m times. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Cole reminds me of Tony Burnett. Freak athlete wil we had a few years back. He played a lot of teams and went to bc to try and start but disappeared. He was a track star at usc (track scholarship who walked on to the football team.) did run jump hurdles stuff. I remember he had some blazing 100m times. 

Burnett was fast but was always a step behind the play because it took him a split second longer to mentally process what was happening. Unfortunate, if he would have had more football instinct he would have been a gooder.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Burnett was fast but was always a step behind the play because it took him a split second longer to mentally process what was happening. Unfortunate, if he would have had more football instinct he would have been a gooder.

Burnett was widely renown for having excellent football iq, instincts, and film study. From mark Washington, biggie, and eliminian, to Monte kiffin. He works with mutual funds now, and was doing well in his last year with bc so he probably retired for financial reasons. 

He kind of got caught behind the wave of old school heavy power wil/Mac lbers. Even now we are still transitioning as a league to lbers who are under 230/220. He probably would’ve been better served staying at S. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Burnett was widely renown for having excellent football iq, instincts, and film study. From mark Washington, biggie, and eliminian, to Monte kiffin. He works with mutual funds now, and was doing well in his last year with bc so he probably retired for financial reasons. 

He kind of got caught behind the wave of old school heavy power wil/Mac lbers. Even now we are still transitioning as a league to lbers who are under 230/220. He probably would’ve been better served staying at S. 

Stuck behind Ian Wild and Khalil Bass, rarely played anything but ST.

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Well he could always could have gone back to crooning in Vegas.

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Perhaps, opportunity was not his friend either. He was a bit of a tweener for sure.

29 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Perhaps, opportunity was not his friend either. He was a bit of a tweener for sure.

Yeah maybe. Hard to say especially in retrospect. Seemed like bc gave him a good run in replacing biggie when he went to the nfl. He’s still only like 33 and he’s been out for years. So it seems like it has to be injury or decision related.  

9 hours ago, bearpants said:

Bomber have done really well in recent history of bringing in quality WIL LBs... from Wild and Bass to JSK and Wilson, and now Clements and Cole seem like quality players too. 

This regime struggled finding a MLB for a long while before they brought Biggie in, can't remember who came after Kuale other than Hurl, I think they shifted Bass over for a year but he was better at WIL, Kyle Knox had the size but never panned out.

Edited by Fatty Liver

7 hours ago, bearpants said:

Bomber have done really well in recent history of bringing in quality WIL LBs... from Wild and Bass to JSK and Wilson, and now Clements and Cole seem like quality players too. 

Idk that’s going back 10 years. Jsk has one big year and jumped. Wilson 1.5 years of border like all star level play. Bass a huge rookie year then a let down year two that was still pretty solid. Not a lot of consistency. We’ve churned out dts and dbs like mad. Lbers and ends we’ve struggled with imo.