Around The NHL 2023-24

48 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

RIP Bob.   I still remember the 2002 Olympic Gold Medal Game Call:

It is JOE SAKIC …. SCORES! JE-O! SAKIC! SCORES! AND THAT MAKES IT 5! 2! CANADA! SURELY. THAT’S GOTTA BE IT!

He was an outstanding broadcaster providing many years of comforting entertainment for us regardless of the team you cheered for.

Maple Leafs Won’t Go Far with Samsonov in Net
Story by Rupert McDonald, The Hockey Writers • 46m • 3 min read

Pitchforks, knives, switchblades etc being readied for their annual use in Leaf Nation.

Not that the Jet Nation is innocent when it comes to this (insert me grabbing my pearls) but hey I just really dislike the Leafs. 🙂

Sorry not sorry?

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I think this heading is in contention for the worst sports headline of 2024.

As I got sucked into the clickbait scheme, his contract extension is nearing the finish line with the Hurricanes.

People responsible for titling articles should be be put into a headlock and be given a noogy.

15 hours ago, bustamente said:

Mathews out tonight speculation that he is injured I suspect it's a groin with the way he left the ice after the Leafs got scored on. As for the Bruins you never want a game 7 when you had a 3-1 lead all the pressure is on them tonight and if they play game 7

I'm here for the Leafs soul-crushing defeat. 

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

Hate to say this...but TO has grit,top guy out and they find a way...Bruins now are definitely in trouble. If this continues might have to drop watching the NHL playoffs! 😉

Angry emoji directed at you dear sir. Wash your mouth out with soap. The Leafs could win a Stanley Cup and would still royally suck. That's a fact.