Around The NHL 2023-24

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

Reilly needs to be suspended.  NHL needs to get this right, but I could see them completely booting it.

Deserves more than Dillon got. But leafs so prob just a fine. If ppl don’t know what the problem with hockey is, I’d suggest they listen to that leafs sportsnet panel trying  to justify this. Toxic culture. 

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I have no problem with what Grieg did and I think the Reilly "cross check" is overblown. It was more of a shove with the stick up. Grieg went down and turtles and that was the end of it. 

Wonder if Iafallo would have potted it :D

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I have no problem with what Grieg did and I think the Reilly "cross check" is overblown. It was more of a shove with the stick up. Grieg went down and turtles and that was the end of it. 

dOps disagrees. In person hearing meaning 5 or more games here. lol a shove with the stick up is a cross check to a players head. 

Just now, JCon said:

After the play, dirty cross check to the face. He should be gone the rest of the season. If this is during the play, totally different, but this is long after the play, the player is not expecting anything and was in a defenseless position. Dirty as it gets. 

I’d give him 10. If Dillon got 3 for hitting a guy with his head down during a play then this is easily 10. He prob gets 6. Any less and what little credibility Parros has left is completely gone. (He has none currently so ) 

Reilly lost his **** and tried to hurt a guy who scored on an empty net with a shot.  Is the netting ok. Imagine teemu breaking the goal scoring rookie record and celebrating like he did but then boom intentional malicious crosscheck to head. 

Next time a jet scores an empty netter, I want it to be a slap shot from closer than Greig did. Just because the code they speak of is toxic horse ****. 

14 hours ago, JCon said:

After the play, dirty cross check to the face. He should be gone the rest of the season. If this is during the play, totally different, but this is long after the play, the player is not expecting anything and was in a defenseless position. Dirty as it gets. 

But but but him and his coach’s fee fee’s were hurt cuz meany slap shotted the empty netter in therefore according to coach reasonable reaction. 

Leafs suck.

Excerpt poached from the Toronto Sun (Bolded part my doing):

Coach Sheldon Keefe had an intriguing take.

“We spent a lot of time watching every cross-check that’s that’s happened in the last number of years and the ones that I thought were similar in nature to Morgan were nothing close to requiring (an in-person hearing),” Keefe said. “But at the same time, there’s a history also of events that happened in Toronto and with the Leafs that get more attention, more hype, that tend to lead to something such as this. So, to that end, not surprised, but it’s out of our hands and we’ll be ready to play (against the Blues).

Yea okay SK not that the constant attention, constant hype on the Leafs can sometimes lead to more favorable outcomes. Nope never.

It's not like the Jets haven't come across as sore losers historically, every team is guilty of it but some more than others and SK is really pushing this the world is against us attitude. Barf.  

On 2024-02-11 at 3:50 PM, JCon said:

Hey, he was a Lady Bynger before. Give him a break... ;)

45 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Not enough.

TSN and Sportsnet both went to bat for the leafs hard the past couple of days. I’m not surprised. The fact it’s only 2 more than Dilly got is ridiculous. I guess next time just cross check Crosby in the head instead of trying to hit accari 

Edited by Goalie

32 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Honestly not a blue jackets fan but it’s about damn time. Dude has set that franchise back the last few years. I’m pretty sure all Columbus fans are quite happy with this and some would say it’s 2 years too late already. 

you look at Chevy and what he’s done in less than a year from Nino and names to trading pld to wheelers buyout to 55 and 37 extensions to Monahan and look what Jarmo has done.  Yeah long past due here. 

33 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Good time to try and rescue Boone from CBJ with new GM at the helm.

He came out yesterday and said he’s not interested in moving. Also you do understand we are in Canada right. Canada is pretty much no trade claused. That’s why Calgary made a deal with Vancouver and Winnipeg with Montreal. 

Excerpt taken from the Hockey News A story by Nick Horwat:

'Acciari recounted the event and said he doesn’t hold any ill will against Dillon.

“Just going to leave that in the past,” Acciari said. “It is what it is. He reached out and texted me. You know, it’s hockey. You get hit.”

Acciari knows a thing or two about playing a rough game since he had 92 hits at the time of the incident. At the time, he led the Penguins in that category, only recently being surpassed by Kris Letang.

The Penguins have gone 1-4-1 without Acciari, and all he is focused on is returning to full health and getting back to the ice with his teammates.

“I just want to focus on me feeling better,” Acciari said. “Getting back out with these guys.”

Now that's a pro. Respect.

Also, regardless of the debate of how long Dillion should have got, not good in what he did. He's got to be better.