Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Habba for Jackson

Burtenshaw in at fullback

Hansen for Mauro.

Fox for Cole.

I wouldn’t swap Cole due to his teams play. I’d sit Clements. 
also add kick schmekle to the curb. I’d swap burtenshaw for him and dress Kelly. 
 I’d also sit Parker for blackmon. 
I’d consider Agudosi as a da for teams and offensive use. I’d do that if we used another guy to return rather than Blackmon. 
I’d also sit Bennett if basically any injured ni was actually good to go. 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah Deng is a classic CFL pressure and tackling machine, as he has the build and athleticism to really find the plays on a bigger field...I actually like the fact he is here now, and we could possibly see a debut vs B.C....Something tells me our roster coming into the last 4 games is gonna see some Hansen/Haba/Deng added to it

Considering Bighill's age, Deng could be a helluva MLB.

16 hours ago, GCn20 said:

That is MOS's MO over the past several seasons. He goes lean on the DL until the final third of the season and then ramps up the numbers down the stretch.

Do you any evidence of that? I can't recall any examples of him ramping up the DL late in the season.

If anything, I remember it as the opposite. As last year we traded away Wilcots for Darby. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Do you any evidence of that? I can't recall any examples of him ramping up the DL late in the season.

If anything, I remember it as the opposite. As last year we traded away Wilcots for Darby. 

We traded Wilcots but picked up a DL from Saskatchewan. My evidence is the historical depth charts. I went back through all of them for the past 4 seasons. In 2019 and 2021 we dressed 8 DL through the playoffs and final few games, in 2022 we dressed primarily 7 through the final few weeks.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

yeah...we seemed to have gotten leaner last 2 yrs...Traded away a guy...dumped one....Hansen went down last yr...eventually we brought in that scrap pile Adams from Sask....but our lean front hurt us

5 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah...we seemed to have gotten leaner last 2 yrs...Traded away a guy...dumped one....Hansen went down last yr...eventually we brought in that scrap pile Adams from Sask....but our lean front hurt us

Last year we dressed 6 guys in the Grey Cup and 7 DL in the WF. I get that Adams was not very good, but Wilcotts is where exactly now? Hansen injury all season has made us run lean, but he's back now...and that's a big add.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Last year we dressed 6 guys in the Grey Cup and 7 DL in the WF. I get that Adams was not very good, but Wilcotts is where exactly now? Hansen injury all season has made us run lean, but he's back now...and that's a big add.

Hurt

look at the Cats active roster for DL guys....Mason Bennet....Malik Carney...Tre Crawford...Ja'GaredDavis...Jamal Davis...Jarrod Hewitt...Kongbo...Ted Laurent...Sayles...Dylan Wynn....also have a Global on the PR and 3 on the 6 game....dare to dream here

Something has to give there you would think.......any one of those guys would punt our Bennett, Schmeckle, and Thomas right off the line-up...That's pretty sad

3 hours ago, Booch said:

look at the Cats active roster for DL guys....Mason Bennet....Malik Carney...Tre Crawford...Ja'GaredDavis...Jamal Davis...Jarrod Hewitt...Kongbo...Ted Laurent...Sayles...Dylan Wynn....also have a Global on the PR and 3 on the 6 game....dare to dream here

Something has to give there you would think.......any one of those guys would punt our Bennett, Schmeckle, and Thomas right off the line-up...That's pretty sad

That used to be us too. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

That used to be us too. 

yup...we basically started that trend...and excelled with it...Can't see anyone following this lack luster trend in regards to the defensive line....save for our starters the Jeff's...Lawson and Haba when he is actually rostered, the rest is just a pitiful sadsack group....It baffles me that "media" still chimes in about our dominant top of the league Dline...I think they still thinking of a line with the Jeff's, Stove and Nevis in the middle and Kongbo and Hansen rotating in...Top ends, and one of the better Canadian interior guys in Lawson....after that....crap

20 hours ago, Booch said:

Bad example. Look at the Cats win/loss record. I do not dare to dream anything Ticat related right now. That being said they do have an impressive lineup of DL....that is doing diddly squat for them.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Bad example. Look at the Cats win/loss record. I do not dare to dream anything Ticat related right now. That being said they do have an impressive lineup of DL....that is doing diddly squat for them.

look at their craptacular offence tho, and using a 3rd string QB for most of year....I dare to dream of that roster usage....they have been more a dumpster fire cause of that offence, and some bad coaching decisions in game...and really have 4 fewer wins than us...and also what...4 beat downs by the Argos??....and they beat us too

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

look at their craptacular offence tho, and using a 3rd string QB for most of year....I dare to dream of that roster usage....they have been more a dumpster fire cause of that offence, and some bad coaching decisions in game...and really have 4 fewer wins than us...and also what...4 beat downs by the Argos??....and they beat us too

They suck. Sub .500 and their defence is the 3rd worst in the league. They have played the Argos 4 times for sure but one could argue that is big reason why the Argos may be over rated. Yea....Hammy beat us...barely....in a game we were determined to lose. We didn't even try protect the rock. I chalk that one up to us beating ourselves really. I get you would love to see a bigger DL rotation but the mental gymnastics of trying to suggest that the 3rd place team in the East....THE EAST....is a team we should envy is just overstating your argument to the nth degree, 

Hey Hamilton is trying hard out there....but their O sucks and their defence is not helping them much.

Edited by GCn20

They suck. Sub .500 and their defence is the 3rd worst in the league. They have played the Argos 4 times for sure but one could argue that is big reason why the Argos may be over rated. Yea....Hammy beat us...barely....in a game we were determined to lose. We didn't even try protect the rock. I chalk that one up to us beating ourselves really. I get you would love to see a bigger DL rotation but the mental gymnastics of trying to suggest that the 3rd place team in the East....THE EAST....is a team we should envy is just overstating your argument to the nth degree, 

Hey Hamilton is trying hard out there....but their O sucks and their defence is not helping them much.

never said I envy the Cats...I envy the way they have their defensive front rostered, and I would toss out Schmeckle..Bennett..Thomas in a heartbeat for pretty much any one of their guys....with out a second thought

Thats it....has nothing to do with anything else about them...other than that McCallister on offence

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

the east...where 2of those crappy teams beat us...who care how and why it happened...but it happened and at end of day all that matters is wins and losses...

Just now, Booch said:

never said I envy the Cats...I envy the way they have their defensive front rostered, and I would toss out Schmeckle..Bennett..Thomas in a heartbeat for pretty much any one of their guys....with out a second thought

Thats it....has nothing to do with anything else about them...other than that McCallister on offence

Fair enough. Just saying their rostering hasn't been any kind of silver bullet for them. They are also near the bottom of the league in QB sacks and pressures despite their rostering and abundance of talent. That kind of surprised me.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

the east...where 2of those crappy teams beat us...who care how and why it happened...but it happened and at end of day all that matters is wins and losses...

Wins and losses....exactly. By your own standards then, as a first place 10-4 team, maybe we shouldn't be beating dead horses so much. So much angst on this forum, the forum of a 1st place team. We are all getting a little too spoiled by the past few years I think...lol.

Fair enough. Just saying their rostering hasn't been any kind of silver bullet for them. They are also near the bottom of the league in QB sacks and pressures despite their rostering and abundance of talent. That kind of surprised me.

it's very weird there actually as they truly are loaded with talent.....but wins in the first part of the yr were non existent and they looked like a team that was right checked out...over last 5 or 6 games tho...they seem to have turned a switch on, other than that dud against the Argo's...Maybe they were doin an 'Argo' and not showing anything hahahahaha

46 minutes ago, Booch said:

it's very weird there actually as they truly are loaded with talent.....but wins in the first part of the yr were non existent and they looked like a team that was right checked out...over last 5 or 6 games tho...they seem to have turned a switch on, other than that dud against the Argo's...Maybe they were doin an 'Argo' and not showing anything hahahahaha

I don't know what's up....I'm thinking that there must be some disgruntled dudes in that locker room. Probably over playing time.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Milanovich made all the difference in the world for Hamilton. They're a totally different team since he arrived (if you ignore the most recent Toronto game where they laid an egg)

Well, given that Toronto game, we'll see if he has made a real difference or if it was just a brief blip after a coaching change as we've seen many times before.