LDC - Non-Champ Games

JCon

2 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Harris' head got twisted and he ended up falling down so I can see why the call was made. I still can't believe it wasn't a penalty yesterday however.

Yeah, his head moved more but I think it's a mirror because the hands went to the face and both moved. One a penalty, the other not. 

I wouldn't want get the video from MOS tomorrow back in TO and have to explain what the difference was. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

I was hoping you would have some input. 

Yeah, he seems a bit overwhelmed and Suitor is a bad fit for him. Hopefully, everything slows down for him and he finds his voice. 

I actually think his call of the game is pretty good. He also has a natural excitement/enthusiasm that translates well. He has all the tools... Just needs experience. 

There was another roughing the passer that was pretty shady. Harris scrambled and ran and then slid down. The d-lineman from the side slid down into him but appeared to pull up short. The linebacker coming towards him held up but put his hands on Harris’ chest with Harris already down and Harris was pushed down to the turf. Linebacker basically braces himself and did not drive through. Weak call. 

58 minutes ago, JCon said:

So, I don't care for Nielson. I think he may not be that bad as an announcer but he just goes along with whatever Suitor is spewing.  He's not strong enough to push back on the nonsense.

Now that I'm paying some attention to this, it seems that Nielson is validating every opinion coming out of Suitor. Especially on the penalties/reviews. I hope he develops a mind of his own because Suitor is getting worse and it's ruining the broadcast.

16 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Betts earholed Meier with his facemask and somehow Suitor can't see it.

It's hard for suitor to see anything on the field when he's got his eyes glued to the script the entire time. 

Seriously the guy and tsn in general love to make the script up before the game. It's sickening. That's why Dunnigan is the best. He just geeks out about the game script be damned.

broadcast solution.

as it is, both broadcast teams are not great. I know, higher praise than deserved.

tsn should put rod with suiter..... and new guy with ford.

that at least leaves us with  one decent team, and the second one, everyone just mutes the audio.

no need to say which team is muted.

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Harris can make all the throws it's just that he has the confidence to do so about 1/3rd of the games he plays.

Harris was never hit today so his confidence grew as the game went on. He would have wilted like an oak leaf in October had we played the Elks last night the way we smacked the Rider qb around. Say what you will about Fajardo but he's tough as nails. Almondo Sewell knew what he talked about.