Calgary Suckage

IC Khari

he can  still move around well in thepocket.

his receivers were not open as much as the past, and he was throwing it anyway, cause thats who he is.

also for a while he had one or two receivers who consistently made crazy catches.

during his salad years, his receivers would be wide open all over the field, specially against the bombers. looks like the western conference defences have finally figured the calgary Offence out, or got better players. and maybehis shoulder is injured.

Bo probably was lucky in that he played against crappy teams, for a good part of his career.

remember the Etch D for bombers? 🤬

my guess is that they will figure it out. O line stunk a few years ago, and they got it sorted over the season

anyway, other than Bomber wins, the best thing in the league is Bo and the Di$k looking like S##t

#arrogance.

Edited by Mark F

If honestly has been surprising to see the older QBs who were banged up at the end of 2019 not having healed in the 2 year break. Kind of like the old NHLers who couldn’t keep up after the ‘06 lockout. 

Of those 3, I would bet Nichols will never recover, Reilly will (if they let him actually rest enough to heal), and BLM is the wild card if he gets the proper surgery and recovery time, still might not be enough  

21 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If honestly has been surprising to see the older QBs who were banged up at the end of 2019 not having healed in the 2 year break. Kind of like the old NHLers who couldn’t keep up after the ‘06 lockout. 

Of those 3, I would bet Nichols will never recover, Reilly will (if they let him actually rest enough to heal), and BLM is the wild card if he gets the proper surgery and recovery time, still might not be enough  

He had shoulder surgery after the 2019 season - that's why he reached out to Nichols & Lulay (both of whom had undergone shoulder surgery at some point).  He may very well be heading down the same path where he's not the same player he once was.

Bo Levi Mitchell discussed shoulder surgery rehab with Matt Nichols, Travis Lulay | 3DownNation

Bo used to make completions into double or triple coverage - but his throws don't have a zip to do that right now (or maybe for good).

He used to have fantastic velocity and accuracy on his 10 - 25 yard passes, and that is just not there anymore.  

From what I can see, his poor decisions come mostly from a lack of protection

And don't forget - teams have done well against him in the past, when they got some pressure, especially in the playoffs.  Redblacks, Bombers, Argos - all come to mind. 

yeah that was a hard game to watch.  As much as Bo Levi didn't have it, that number 1 for BC was also trying pretty hard to lose the game for BC.  Dropping balls and fumbling all night, or my favorite move - catch the ball at the first down marker and then run backwards and lose two yards.  

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

He had shoulder surgery after the 2019 season - that's why he reached out to Nichols & Lulay (both of whom had undergone shoulder surgery at some point).  He may very well be heading down the same path where he's not the same player he once was.

Bo Levi Mitchell discussed shoulder surgery rehab with Matt Nichols, Travis Lulay | 3DownNation

Is he not also suffering from stomach and ankle problems?

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

If Michael Reilly ever loses the 50/50 ball ability from his receivers he's toast. 

guy has always been a huck it! chuck it! football! type. 

Maybe, but he has been running for his life for most of his career too.

That throw he made to Burnham in the 2Q last night  was unbelievable 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

If Michael Reilly ever loses the 50/50 ball ability from his receivers he's toast. 

guy has always been a huck it! chuck it! football! type. 

Not true,  the guy still has great awareness in the pocket and slipped several defenders to extend drives to make his throws.    He's far from a huck it and pray that the guy comes down with it.  

Like what Forde said,  you wouldn't think the guy is playing hurt with the way he was zipping balls on a rope down the field.   

BLM on the other hand... yeesh that guy was definitely doing the low % huck it and hope that his guy gets it throws.  Maybe he doesn't deal with being pressured as well as we thought since he's had a rock solid o-line for most of his career.   I don't even think the BC d-line is anything special so what happens if he faces a d-line like orus who will be ultra aggressive?

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

He's far from a huck it and pray that the guy comes down with it. 

I never said he was.... I said he was a guy who loved to put balls up for his receivers. It's not a bad thing. And if you don't consider Reilly a gunslinger then I don't even know what to tell you. He is the biggest gunslinger in the cfl right now

29 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'm curious when Mike Riley started  being referred to as Michael Riley  

Jpan answered the question but this was something he requested to honour his mom, because she would watch his games and not be happy that they always referred to him as "Mike" on TV.  They explained it during the BC - Sask game.  She passed away recently.

Don’t call him ‘Mike’: Michael Reilly honours late mother with name change | 3DownNation