Having Zack Callaros

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Hope he has good hands and the ability to run good routes- Harris was great at both.

He looks solid in the flats we will see how he is with down field routes. 

His blocking ability was really good but he has work to do on his decision making \ blitz pick up. But that's pretty Coachable. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

He looks solid in the flats we will see how he is with down field routes. 

His blocking ability was really good but he has work to do on his decision making \ blitz pick up. But that's pretty Coachable. 

That will come with reps and experience and recognition...not worried

But damn what a one two punch they will be later in yr..literally pulverizing teams and keeping Harrish fresh spelling him off

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

That will come with reps and experience and recognition...not worried

But damn what a one two punch they will be later in yr..literally pulverizing teams and keeping Harrish fresh spelling him off

I really hope we see some 2 back sets and or plays with both of them on the field. 

22 minutes ago, do or die said:

When Harris gets back you can run him as tailback, go spilt backs with Brady O.......or try some of them hybrid formations with Harris, Oliveria, and Demski in the backfield
Hell of a lot of options back there.....

Would be nice. Wolitarsky is a good blocker but he doesn't instill fear as an offensive weapon. Some packages with those three Canadians on the field could be real good

It's been so long since we've had a starter that has not been playing shell-shocked (Nichols 2015-2017) and then sadly probably Glenn so many years before that I think fans forgot what it is like to have a capable starting QB.     It's nice to know that we have someone who can at least deliver the ball to the receivers to at least give them the chance to make the play.  

33 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It's been so long since we've had a starter that has not been playing shell-shocked (Nichols 2015-2017) and then sadly probably Glenn so many years before that I think fans forgot what it is like to have a capable starting QB.     It's nice to know that we have someone who can at least deliver the ball to the receivers to at least give them the chance to make the play.  

Okay, Nichols is gone. You can turn off your hate for the guy now. He's not coming back. You've made your feelings quite clear here & on the Week 1 Non Bomber thread. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Okay, Nichols is gone. You can turn off your hate for the guy now. He's not coming back. You've made your feelings quite clear here & on the Week 1 Non Bomber thread. 

I’d offer up the same sentiment for the LaPo bashers. Both used their skill sets to drag us out of the 2013 doldrums and helped us achieve our first Grey Cup in 29 years. That alone should earn them both a lifetime pass on these boards. 

Collaros' ability to use his legs and move the pocket add an extra dimension for opposing defenses to consider, not to mention his ability to hit his receivers while scrambling. He fits in well with this system, IMO.

He had a very good game on Thursday and it's nice to see his chemistry with the receivers looking solid this early on in the season.

35 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Collaros' ability to use his legs and move the pocket add an extra dimension for opposing defenses to consider, not to mention his ability to hit his receivers while scrambling. He fits in well with this system, IMO.

He had a very good game on Thursday and it's nice to see his chemistry with the receivers looking solid this early on in the season.

And gonna get better once Adams and Harris are back and the whole offence shakes off the rust.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have no hate for the guy but it disturbs me that for years Statler and  Waldorf on here have been bashing LaPolice and when I have proven time over time again that the issue was Nichols it's very sweet to see those two stubborn old men finally acknowledge that they have been wrong this whole time.    

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’d offer up the same sentiment for the LaPo bashers. Both used their skill sets to drag us out of the 2013 doldrums and helped us achieve our first Grey Cup in 29 years. That alone should earn them both a lifetime pass on these boards. 

I don't hate LaPo. I don't like his offense & the plays he calls in certain situations. We need 8 yards & he throws for 5. We need a first down & he throws underneath for 3. Second & long he calls a draw. Trick plays that work sometimes or get blown up. Very few throws downfield stretching the defense. Our wideouts were wasted. Nichols was a product of that offense. 

23 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't hate LaPo. I don't like his offense & the plays he calls in certain situations. We need 8 yards & he throws for 5. We need a first down & he throws underneath for 3. Second & long he calls a draw. Trick plays that work sometimes or get blown up. Very few throws downfield stretching the defense. Our wideouts were wasted. Nichols was a product of that offense. 

He definitely seemed to carry over the same offense to Ottawa... several very familiar running plays that he used against the Elks.  He likes the trick plays and the delayed draws.   However he did call plays for the wideouts (several screen passes) but the issue is that without a QB who can rifle it... the DB's had all the time in the world to catch up to the guy catching the screen and it made it near impossible for the receiver to get any YAC.    It worked with Durant because he did have a cannon arm and was able to also push the ball deep.  

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

He definitely seemed to carry over the same offense to Ottawa... several very familiar running plays that he used against the Elks.  He likes the trick plays and the delayed draws.   However he did call plays for the wideouts (several screen passes) but the issue is that without a QB who can rifle it... the DB's had all the time in the world to catch up to the guy catching the screen and it made it near impossible for the receiver to get any YAC.    It worked with Durant because he did have a cannon arm and was able to also push the ball deep.  

One of the biggest thing I don't like about LaPo's offense is just how long some plays take to develop. There'll be long play action fakes & it just seems at times the offense is slow & plodding. It's second & short.  He calls a play action fake to Harris & throws out into the flat to a receiver. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. We have the best RB in the CFL. then why aren't we running the ball? Why make something so simple, complicated? That is the problem. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

for all the good and the bad of the Lapo system...we wont miss it one bit, and probably be more prolific in the process. He won't have an AH clone to make it work as well as it did, nor have an o-line like he had here. I was never a fan of it and I think we succeeded alot despite it.

Also...him being gone will help us attract free agent WR now, and actually develop our own..his system severely stunted new up and comers, and was almost a factor in Woli leaving here 2 yrs ago...He had a foot out the door, and I know that was part of reason why

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

for all the good and the bad of the Lapo system...we wont miss it one bit, and probably be more prolific in the process. He won't have an AH clone to make it work as well as it did, nor have an o-line like he had here. I was never a fan of it and I think we succeeded alot despite it.

Also...him being gone will help us attract free agent WR now, and actually develop our own..his system severely stunted new up and comers, and was almost a factor in Woli leaving here 2 yrs ago...He had a foot out the door, and I know that was part of reason why

I'm absolutely excited about Buck Pierce and either Zack or McGuire throwing the ball for us.   It can only go up from here and it will be nice to take deep shots and stretch the defense.