2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Remember it well. Absolutely freezing. Sitting in section S and the guy in front of us was about 6'7", standing the whole game, and kept us in the shade when we were sitting (which wasn't often). Also remember the frozen beer. 

CFL needs to move it, it was dumb from the jump. 

The NHL ain't moving anything that is Sunday night game for the Leafs on Sportsnet. The Leafs don't get bumped.

While we were waiting for Saturday's game to start, I was showing my son pictures from that day back in 2011. 

"Last game at the old stadium" it was not. 

UqloEgWPzaD-6wNj1en8aZFL5pdpyVCncya7gLEi

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

While we were waiting for Saturday's game to start, I was showing my son pictures from that day back in 2011. 

"Last game at the old stadium" it was not. 

UqloEgWPzaD-6wNj1en8aZFL5pdpyVCncya7gLEi

Great picture! Great game! It would have been so awesome to send that stadium off that way. 

I still miss that place sometimes

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

man, I just booked my flights based on the game ending at 6:30....... I wonder how much it will cost me to switch flights. Would love for the game to be earlier...

That sucks, and hopefully the price difference is negligble dude. 

But this really needs to be done and probably should have been done weeks ago/from day 1. 

42 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

The league should switch the East and West start times. 

1. Weather 

2. Conflicting time with a Jets game vs the Leafs.

This should be done immediately. There is no reason the East Final needs to be the early game. 

Wouldn't the Argos game then compete with the Leafs?

Petition launched

He has launched a petition on the website Change.org, hoping to get enough signatures to convince either the CFL or NHL to adjust the schedules on Dec. 5.

The petition suggests the CFL flip the times for the east and west finals, putting the Bomber game at noon instead. That, or the NHL reschedule the Jets-Leafs game to 7:30 p.m. CT.

"The lack of coordination between the teams, leagues & television networks is a gross misreading of the local Manitoban sports market," the petition states.

"Either one of these solutions will appease Winnipeg sports fans on this historic sports day.  We call on the Jets and Bombers to work together to make this change and to work together in the future to avoid conflicting home game start times."

Torn between conflicting Jets and Bombers games, Winnipeg sports fan petitions to get times changed | CBC News

What do you know it worked!

I can't believe the CFL actually strong armed the NHL into something. Regardless of how it happened, that's pretty remarkable. Glad to see it. Since I'll still have to fly out on the Monday morning, hopefully there's a party somewhere to watch the Jets game after we've finished **** kicking whomever in the football game.....

19 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

7 PM is better for Jets fans but will still be tight.

I still think the CFL should switch the times.

I think with this announcement, that's the last change you'll see. If there was any chance of the CFL switching the games, they wouldn't have done this NHL switch, and Wade wouldn't be doing the shuttle buses. I think this is it.....but you're right that it's still a bit tight. Half hour to get to the arena from the stadium....

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I think with this announcement, that's the last change you'll see. If there was any chance of the CFL switching the games, they wouldn't have done this NHL switch, and Wade wouldn't be doing the shuttle buses. I think this is it.....but you're right that it's still a bit tight. Half hour to get to the arena from the stadium....

You are probably right, just frustating from the CFL. 

11 hours ago, BBlink said:

No idea why people are getting so uppity about top performer. QB doesn't get top performer without throwing for 300 yards. It's just numbers. We got awarded for scoring 45 points and giving up 0. It's called a win

We're just a balanced team so we don't win as many of these.

Pretty much. When most of the starters sit a quarter of the game you don't often get tp. This is less iffy than some of the previous weeks. 

Getting back ups valuable reps is way better than tp. 

2 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Lol at the righteous indignation when there is nothing else to get worked up about.

Sports do not make us happy. They allow us to be miserable in a group. 🤣

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/07/17/uk-economists-prove-it-sports-destroy-happiness/%3foutputType=amp

43 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Really hope the 'Riders make it to the West Final...

1) Great rivalry game

2) Best matchup for us as a team

3) Rider fans paying the WFC to come watch their team get spanked is such a typical Rider thing to do.

I've said this before... and I'll say it again... I will never "cheer" for this to happen because that means I'd be cheering for the Riders to win a game... and that will never happen...

37 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I've said this before... and I'll say it again... I will never "cheer" for this to happen because that means I'd be cheering for the Riders to win a game... and that will never happen...

I find it much better to cheer for long-term, sustained mediocrity. If they got through to the West Semi-Final, maybe CoFaj and the coaching staff get another year. Mathematically speaking they have to win at least SOME games.