Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Back to back the 2nd in a 3 in 4 days set up here. 

Bro should play... Not knocking Helle.. he's our mvp. B2B tho.. play Bro. 

Thompson or and Lewis should be out... Put in VESA. 

Take out Beaulieu... He's our worst D man and get Stanley back in. 

Morrissey Demelo 

Niku Pionk

Forbort Stanley. 

Don't think 2 30 plus yr olds playing top line minutes vs the other teams younger faster players is optimal either so yeah... Stastny is a Center.. keep him at center.. 

We have the talent to actually run 3 scoring lines and a checking line but also the talent to have play drivers on each line. 

Scheif Dubois Stastny Lowry should be the centers. Line 1 to 4 is irrelevant... I mean recently Maurice said Thompson is in for his pk ability but has yet to have 60 seconds or more of pk a game.. these guys playing 3 4 minutes a night? What's the point when you can roll 4 lines. Thompson Lewis Perreault to an extent.. maybe Wheeler even..they need a game off every now and then. This is the year to do it. Taxi Squad? WTF is the point if you don't use it. Back to back 2nd of 3 in 4 nights... Change it up. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Back to back the 2nd in a 3 in 4 days set up here. 

Bro should play... Not knocking Helle.. he's our mvp. B2B tho.. play Bro. 

Thompson or and Lewis should be out... Put in VESA. 

Take out Beaulieu... He's our worst D man and get Stanley back in. 

Morrissey Demelo 

Niku Pionk

Forbort Stanley. 

Don't think 2 30 plus yr olds playing top line minutes vs the other teams younger faster players is optimal either so yeah... Stastny is a Center.. keep him at center.. 

We have the talent to actually run 3 scoring lines and a checking line but also the talent to have play drivers on each line. 

Scheif Dubois Stastny Lowry should be the centers. Line 1 to 4 is irrelevant... I mean recently Maurice said Thompson is in for his pk ability but has yet to have 60 seconds or more of pk a game.. these guys playing 3 4 minutes a night? What's the point when you can roll 4 lines. Thompson Lewis Perreault to an extent.. maybe Wheeler even..they need a game off every now and then. This is the year to do it. Taxi Squad? WTF is the point if you don't use it. Back to back 2nd of 3 in 4 nights... Change it up. 

 

I agree, I hope to see some changes tonight.  The easiest to make would be on the 4th line. I’d love to see a line of Harkins, Gustafsson and Vesalainen....  I know that will never happen, but at least 2 of those guys should get injected into the lineup.  Bring some speed and skill into the bottom half and let them develop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BomberBall said:

I agree, I hope to see some changes tonight.  The easiest to make would be on the 4th line. I’d love to see a line of Harkins, Gustafsson and Vesalainen....  I know that will never happen, but at least 2 of those guys should get injected into the lineup.  Bring some speed and skill into the bottom half and let them develop. 

Think Harkins is hurt cuz if not and he's sitting so Lewis and Thompson can play.. why. Harkins Scheif Wheeler looked good when used together. Not playing Harkins if he's not hurt is just dumb. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Think Harkins is hurt cuz if not and he's sitting so Lewis and Thompson can play.. why. Harkins Scheif Wheeler looked good when used together. Not playing Harkins if he's not hurt is just dumb. 

I didn’t hear anything about Harkins being hurt, but I don’t know.  Looks like Poolman is back tonight, so I’d be shocked if Niku isn’t the odd man out, even though I think he’s looked solid.  I’d pull Beaulieu, but doubt Maurice will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I didn’t hear anything about Harkins being hurt, but I don’t know.  Looks like Poolman is back tonight, so I’d be shocked if Niku isn’t the odd man out, even though I think he’s looked solid.  I’d pull Beaulieu, but doubt Maurice will.

I wonder what it's going to take for Maurice to get fired at this point.  The Jets are winning.   I'm not advocating for Maurice's dismissal, just pointing out that the Winnipeg brass appears quite content to keep Maurice especially since we are winning only only 1 pt out of second place.   The defence pairings will stay the same as long as the starters are healthy and we're in the playoff hunt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I wonder what it's going to take for Maurice to get fired at this point.  The Jets are winning.   I'm not advocating for Maurice's dismissal, just pointing out that the Winnipeg brass appears quite content to keep Maurice especially since we are winning only only 1 pt out of second place.   The defence pairings will stay the same as long as the starters are healthy and we're in the playoff hunt.

I think this season will determine his fate,  no more scapegoats and excuses to use if they don't make a play off run. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I wonder what it's going to take for Maurice to get fired at this point.  .............I'm not advocating for Maurice's dismissal

These two statements seem inconsistent, like you kind of are wishing, hinting at, or intimating (but not overtly advocating to cover yourself) for his removal. If you aren’t advocating for his dismissal, why even pose the initial question in the first place? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

These two statements seem inconsistent, like you kind of are wishing, hinting at, or intimating (but not overtly advocating to cover yourself) for his removal. If you aren’t advocating for his dismissal, why even pose the initial question in the first place? 

Mind thinking faster than my typing.  In my head it made sense.   I'll clarify that Maurice can seemingly do anything and his job is safe while they keep winning

 

Edited by captaincanuck12
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Mind thinking faster than my typing.  In my head it made sense.   I'll clarify that Maurice can seemingly do anything and his job is safe while they keep winning

 

I guess some fans will never be satisfied with him and criticize his moves, his lines, which players play and which ones sit. But if he is winning with his strategy, then I don’t understand those fans who gripe about his methods. It’s not like he is “getting away” with something. It’s a results driven business and he is getting results, so I am prepared to defer to his decisions over the arm chair coaches out there. The proof is in the winning percentage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I guess some fans will never be satisfied with him and criticize his moves, his lines, which players play and which ones sit. But if he is winning with his strategy, then I don’t understand those fans who gripe about his methods. It’s not like he is “getting away” with something. It’s a results driven business and he is getting results, so I am prepared to defer to his decisions over the arm chair coaches out there. The proof is in the winning percentage. 

Fair enough.  I'm not trying imply I'm one of those guys that want him gone.  He's winning.  If that means Schiefele is on the 4th line then that's what we'll get.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I guess some fans will never be satisfied with him and criticize his moves, his lines, which players play and which ones sit. But if he is winning with his strategy, then I don’t understand those fans who gripe about his methods. It’s not like he is “getting away” with something. It’s a results driven business and he is getting results, so I am prepared to defer to his decisions over the arm chair coaches out there. The proof is in the winning percentage. 

Easy Mrs. Maurice... No one said he should be canned.  This is a fan forum; of course people are going to question some of his decisions.  It’s what makes for some good discussions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...