2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

It's crazy to think 2 Jets players are in covid protocol already when only 4 positive tests have shown up traveling Canada only in the CFL  

Not too crazy. NHLers are travelling a lot in the US, where infection totals are way higher and vaccination rates are definitely lower. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Health care workers are now getting their third (booster) shots, so many average citizens who are double vaxxed could be due. 

it'll be soon...based on what I read online, I think it'll be early new year that gen pop will have access to a booster if they want it. 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

If the eligible general population hit those rates we would be totally back to normal.

Ain't no such thing as normal in Alberta. Unless you assume that acting like Alabama is normal. FYI: today the death rate per 100,000 in Saskatchewan was the highest in the country, and most US states, 

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

FYI: Edmonton is the only team under 85%

I hope you were all sitting down when you read that. 

Shocking that the Alabama/Missouri of Canada is the only team.

How do you explain the Stamps, then?? It has nothing to do with Alberta. It has everything to do with team management. When the GM gets a vaccine exemption what message does that send to the players & coaches?? 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Health care workers are now getting their third (booster) shots, so many average citizens who are double vaxxed could be due. 

My wife and I have both had our 3rd shots. We're in Alberta and we're not health care workers. We are, however, Immunocompromised. I'd guess everyone will be getting a booster and it will become a yearly thing like the flu vaccine.

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

My wife and I have both had our 3rd shots. We're in Alberta and we're not health care workers. We are, however, Immunocompromised. I'd guess everyone will be getting a booster and it will become a yearly thing like the flu vaccine.

There is encouraging news from research that indicates the researchers are close to developing for ALL the COVID variants.

14 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Pretty sure I said Edmonton

Alabama/Missouri are States. So, the reference sounds like you mean all of Alberta. At least that's how I interpreted it. You can ask 17to85, Noeller & anyone else that lives out here. Yeah, we have plenty of knuckle dragging alt rights & racists out here but not everyone that lives in Alberta are like that. Just a small vocal minority. Edmonton is a progressive city. They routinely elect Liberal or NDP politicians federally & provincially. This is a team leadership issue. 

31 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How do you explain the Stamps, then?? It has nothing to do with Alberta. It has everything to do with team management. When the GM gets a vaccine exemption what message does that send to the players & coaches?? 

I don't think Wilder not being vaccinated has anything to do with Alberta.  It's all about the team attitude.  Edmonton's management just plain sucks.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

There is encouraging news from research that indicates the researchers are close to developing for ALL the COVID variants.

I'm 66 & still waiting for that third shot. My wife & I will be visiting my son & daughter in Seattle for US Thanksgiving & I'm hoping to get a booster shot down there. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm 66 & still waiting for that third shot. My wife & I will be visiting my son & daughter in Seattle for US Thanksgiving & I'm hoping to get a booster shot down there. 

Hope you are aware that before you will be let back into Canada, you will both have to produce a recent negative test.