Covid-19

JCon

1 hour ago, WildPath said:

1) Not just about death

2) Not all people can get vaccinated

3) Some vaccinated people are still at risk of severe outcomes

1. Only mentioning 'death' was in response to what was posted above.

2. It's true of every vaccine, that not everyone can get it.  Yet, there are no special protections in place for those people.

3. It's also true of every vaccine, that in spite of its effectiveness, some people are still at risk for severe outcomes.

9 hours ago, Tracker said:

I find it disheartening that someone like Obby  Khan who appears to be reasonably intelligent, would first run for a party that has a long history of racial intolerance and then parroting a catchphrase synonymous with a disgraced premier who fumbled the pandemic responses so as to not alienate his core supporters whose shoe sizes are roughly similar to their IQs.

Do you hate the NDP because of Wab Kinew past behaviour and anyone who runs for NDP supports those past bad decisions?  

Do you hate anyone who runs for the Liberals because of Trudeau doing black face ? 

Seems like a terrible take and who better to make a change then someone like Obby Khan who is beloved by the community?   

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Out and about today and I have to say the vast majority are still wearing masks, it was nice to see, eventually I will drop the mask but I'm not ready just yet

Odd we noticed the opposite,  I went to Tims this morning and was the only one with a mask.  My wife went to Superstore and it was 80/20 with no masks compared to masks.    Mostly the older folks keeping them on. 

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I honestly don't quite understand where you guys are coming from

The best protection is vaccination - anyone who is not yet vaccinated is probably not going to get the jab - continuing the mandates is not going to change that

The vast majority of vaccinated people - are quite frankly not going to die

my kids are under 5... not it's unlikely things would get bad, but I don't want to enter them into the bad luck lottery.  Sooner they approve a vaccination for under 5 the better. 

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

my kids are under 5... not it's unlikely things would get bad, but I don't want to enter them into the bad luck lottery.  Sooner they approve a vaccination for under 5 the better. 

My kid is also under 5. Many vaccines have been around for decades and are still not approved until you're a certain age.  Yet, kids could still be susceptible to those diseases.  One example would be the flu shot. 

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

Do you hate the NDP because of Wab Kinew past behaviour and anyone who runs for NDP supports those past bad decisions?  

Do you hate anyone who runs for the Liberals because of Trudeau doing black face ? 

Seems like a terrible take and who better to make a change then someone like Obby Khan who is beloved by the community?   

I understand what you mean. BUT...if he wasn't going to make change (which I think we can all agree is very much needed in that party right now), he had the opportunity to show that he was able. And imo he fell on his face hard! Woulda coulda shoulda is very much a party line and was 100% given to him as an answer for that type of question. He's towing the party line just like the rest. Never mind the 500K his business got on top of that. I would be willing to bet that he eventually becomes the leader of the provincial party and is no better than the rest.

25 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Don't be sexist- its "Snowpeople", unless, of course, they have snowballs. Then they could properly be called snowmen.

Nope. Snowballs are just snoworgans not snowgender.

Note: I have absolutely no energy to open up this debate at all.

Everyone's right 🙂

3 minutes ago, the watcher said:

It would be nice to know what is happening. I'd like to base some decisions  on what's going on. It makes it tough to do when there is so little info.

They're not testing and no one is expected to self-isolate. Even if they did have daily briefings, there is little information they can share except death counts and ICU admissions. 

4 deaths today, BTW. 

We're are completely on our own with this horrid govt. 

Edited by JCon

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

They're not testing and no one is expected to self-isolate. Even if they did have daily briefings, there is little information they can share except death counts and ICU admissions. 

4 deaths today, BTW. 

We're are completely on our own with this horrid govt. 

I think it's competence  level  deteriorated since Pallister left........Whoda think it ? Basicly  when he baled out the rest just quit trying. Which borders on criminal given the situation.

2 hours ago, the watcher said:

I think it's competence  level  deteriorated since Pallister left........Whoda think it ? Basicly  when he baled out the rest just quit trying. Which borders on criminal given the situation.

It's a s*** show. Can't believe this govt can't sort out their backroom and get some people in place. They've been in govt for 6 years now and still can't get good staff???

At least Costa Rica Brian had a crew in place. 

Manitoba reported 369 patients are currently in hospital due to COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Thursday. Of those, 18 are in the intensive care unit.

15 additional deaths were also reported:

A woman in her 100s from Southern Health (reported Friday)
A woman in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region (reported Saturday)
A man in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region (reported Saturday)
A man in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region (reported Saturday)
A woman in her 70s from Southern Health and linked to the outbreak at Eastview Place (reported Saturday)
A man in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region (reported Wednesday)
A woman in her 50s from Interlake-Eastern health region (reported Wednesday)
A woman in her 90s from Prairie Mountain Heath region and linked to the Dr. Gendreau Personal Care Home (reported Wednesday)
A man in his 70s from Interlake-Eastern health region (reported Wednesday)
A man in his 70s from the Prairie Mountain Health region (reported Thursday)
A woman in her 60s from Interlake-Eastern health region (reported Thursday)
A man in his 50s from the Northern health region, linked to the outbreak at Health Sciences Centre in Winnipeg (reported Thursday)
A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Calvary Place Personal Care home (reported Thursday)
A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at River Park Gardens Personal Care Home (reported Thursday)

Health officials say there are 3,689 active cases, and 129,331 people have recovered. The death toll in the province is 1,739.

35 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Manitoba reported 369 patients are currently in hospital due to COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Thursday. Of those, 18 are in the intensive care unit.

15 additional deaths were also reported:

A woman in her 100s from Southern Health (reported Friday)
A man in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region (reported Saturday)
A man in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region (reported Saturday)
A woman in her 70s from Southern Health and linked to the outbreak at Eastview Place (reported Saturday)
A man in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region (reported Wednesday)
A woman in her 50s from Interlake-Eastern health region (reported Wednesday)
A woman in her 90s from Prairie Mountain Heath region and linked to the Dr. Gendreau Personal Care Home (reported Wednesday)
A man in his 70s from Interlake-Eastern health region (reported Wednesday)
A man in his 70s from the Prairie Mountain Health region (reported Thursday)
A woman in her 60s from Interlake-Eastern health region (reported Thursday)
A man in his 50s from the Northern health region, linked to the outbreak at Health Sciences Centre in Winnipeg (reported Thursday)
A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Calvary Place Personal Care home (reported Thursday)
A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at River Park Gardens Personal Care Home (reported Thursday)

Health officials say there are 3,689 active cases, and 129,331 people have recovered. The death toll in the province is 1,739.

To be clear, those deaths were over the past week. Only (ONLY!!!!) four deaths were reported today. 

Haven't seen MB data, but as of yesterday, R values over 1 across AB and the waste water data shows spikes all over, as well. CMOH announced that Omi B.2 is now the dominant strain. So far, more transmissable than B.1, but no more "severe". "Outdoor weather" can't come soon enough around these parts....

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Haven't seen MB data, but as of yesterday, R values over 1 across AB and the waste water data shows spikes all over, as well. CMOH announced that Omi B.2 is now the dominant strain. So far, more transmissable than B.1, but no more "severe". "Outdoor weather" can't come soon enough around these parts....

Data suggests that B.2 is at 15% in Manitoba but testing has been severally curtailed or stopped altogether. 

Unfortunately, our provincial gov't is also messing around with data from sewage, which likely shows that covid is on the rise here. They are willfully withholding critical data from us. And, they are doing this to protect themselves, not Manitobans. 

They tell us we're on our own, yet won't give us the data they have to make appropriate decisions. 

Schools are an efin mess.

Edited by JCon

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Data suggests that B.2 is at 15% in Manitoba but testing has been severally curtailed or stopped altogether. 

Unfortunately, our provincial gov't is also messing around with data from sewage, which likely shows that covid is on the rise here. They are willfully withholding critical data from us. And, they are doing this to protect themselves, not Manitobans. 

They tell us we're on our own, yet won't give us the data they have to make appropriate decisions. 

Schools a efin mess.

exact same here (Con gov't probs). Testing is ridiculous and useless. TP% averaging 25% the past week, but have seen some days around 30% (acknowledging that tests are insanely low so that metric is near useless). We'd got as low as about 18-19%TP before it starting ratcheting up again. The poop water data is far more accurate than anything we have now.