Covid-19

JCon

It's a crazy way of life down south. You know I never really thought of it before but is the vaxx free in the USA? If not.. there's a huge reason why ppl would use cheaper more dangerous options. Quite simply they can't afford it. I'm curious..  is it free in the USA? If so how much per dose? 

Sad part about Rogan is he's lying. He doesn't have covid.  He will say the horse drug cured him and then ppl will take it and die. He's worse than Trump who had recently been telling ppl to get vaxxed and say he did also 

Turns out it's free but also turns out a large percentage of Americans don't know that.  I suppose tho.. ppl are hypocrites down there telling ppl to not follow the sheep but then listening to idiots like Rogan. I suppose it likely comes down to a lack of education down south 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Turns out it's free but also turns out a large percentage of Americans don't know that.  I suppose tho.. ppl are hypocrites down there telling ppl to not follow the sheep but then listening to idiots like Rogan. I suppose it likely comes down to a lack of education down south 

They know it's free. They're just being obtuse. But, these geniuses know more than scientists do, so let them all get Covid and see what happens. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

They know it's free. They're just being obtuse. But, these geniuses know more than scientists do, so let them all get Covid and see what happens. 

I'm at that point here. I'm vaxxed but I know ppl who aren't and there reasons don't make sense so now I just tell them good luck if you get it cuz you're gonna need it. 

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/double-vaccination-halves-risk-of-long-covid

Researchers at King’s College London analysed data from participants logging their symptoms, tests and vaccines on the UK ZOE COVID Symptom Study app between 8th December 2020 and 4 July 2021, including 1,240,009 (first dose) and 971,504 (second dose) vaccinated UK adults. The research team assessed a range of factors, including age, frailty and areas of deprivation and compared that with post-vaccination infection.

The study, published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases, found that in the unlikely event of catching COVID-19 after being double vaccinated, the risk of Long COVID was reduced by almost half. There were also fewer hospitalisations (73% less likely) and lower burden of acute symptoms (31% less likely) among those fully vaccinated. The nature of the most common symptoms were similar to unvaccinated adults – e.g. anosmia,(loss of smell) cough, fever, headaches, and fatigue. All these symptoms were milder and less frequently reported by people who were vaccinated, and they were half as likely to get multiple symptoms in the first week of illness. Sneezing was the only symptom which was more commonly reported in vaccinated people with COVID-19.

It's almost as if vaccines work or something...

Fox News host complains vaccinated are 'otherizing' anti-vaxxers: 'Next step' is putting unvaccinated into camps'

The anti-vaxx movement continues to co-opt language used by liberals, declaring "my body, my choice" – not when it comes to abortion but to vaccines.

Now they're taking that one step further, imposing victimization status on those who refuse to get vaccinated against the deadly coronavirus that has killed at least 650,000 Americans and is transmissible by just breathing.

Fox News personality Will Cain, who co-hosts the weekend version of "Fox & Friends," on Wednesday's episode of "The Five" told Geraldo Rivera that Americans who are vaccinated are "otherizing" the unvaccinated, as Media Matters reports. "Otherizing" is a term used to describe how white majorities dehumanize minorities, often immigrants, as "others."

Continuing the anti-immigrant framing, Cain declared, "We're veering dangerously close to exterminationist language."

"Exterminationism" is exactly what it sounds like: genocide, especially of ethnic minorities.

The anti-vaxxers are now pretending their lives are being threatened, not by a deadly virus, but by the socially-responsible who chose to get vaccinated to protect themselves, their loved ones, neighbors, and co-workers.

Finally, Cain goes even further, walking a very close line to horrific historic events, either like the Japanese internment camps the U.S. created during World War II, or the camps Hitler where sent Jews to their deaths during the Holocaust.

"We're veering dangerously close to exterminationist language. Otherizing –" Cain told Rivera.

"Exterminationist?" Rivera responded.

"Absolutely," Cain claimed. "That's the next step. Putting the unvaccinated into someplace else, camps. Whatever it may be."

Fox News host complains vaccinated are 'otherizing' anti-vaxxers: 'Next step' is putting unvaccinated into camps' - Alternet.org

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's going to keep happening until we vaccinate the poorest countries. 

What a messed up world in which we live where privileged people can have the luxury to choose not to get vaccinated for whatever misguided or ignorant reason while millions of non-privileged people don't even have the option.

Free $100 Debit Card for Getting Vaccinated (Albertans, 18+)

https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx

Who's eligible: Albertans 18 or older who got their first or second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine between September 3 and October 14, 2021.

How to register: After vaccination, register online or by phone with your proof of vaccination, starting on September 13. Detailed instructions will be posted at that time.

How to claim: $100 debit cards will be delivered to you. Everyone who is registered and has a valid vaccination will receive a debit card.