Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

9 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Jefferson was 205 and Bryant well over 200 per year depending on bonuses for all-star and league award/nominations.

Bryants base was 160..165....Bonus I dont put into that as who knows what they get and Walters has gone on record saying that he avoids deals with structured performance/award bonuses because too many unknowns and can really eff up your SMS and limit things you may want to do mid season...where you get this well over 200 for Bryant from I'm unsure of...he is closer to 150k than he is to 200k

4 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Can someone please remind me what the pay schedule is for the play-offs? If I remember correctly paid by the league, a fixed amount each round with the winner receiving more than the loser?

Prospect of play-off $$ has to fall in our favour in contract negotiations.

Grey Cup Winner‎: ‎$16,000
First Place Standing (Bye)‎: ‎$3,400
Grey Cup Runner-up‎: ‎$8,000
Semi-Final Participation‎: ‎$3,400
Final Participation‎: ‎$3,600
That was last year I believe..may been more this year
Edited by Booch

2 minutes ago, Booch said:
Grey Cup Winner‎: ‎$16,000
First Place Standing (Bye)‎: ‎$3,400
Grey Cup Runner-up‎: ‎$8,000
Semi-Final Participation‎: ‎$3,400
That was last year I believe..may been more this year

Delete 

Edited by Geebrr

35 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Thanks @Booch , I have to think those numbers mean something to the players. A guy on a league minimum deal gets quite a nice extra chunk for being on a good team.

Yeah a guy like Sayles..Bailey and Lawler on a entry level deal..and a guy say like Kyrie Wilson who prob wasnt making a lot basically got a 1/3 or possibly a bit more of his total salary in that 3 weeks..for a team to say to a free agent/prospect that guys in 2019 made an additional 23k in bonus money from.being successful goes a long way

Not to mention a ring that will be worth at least $5k (my guess) as well as a bunch of travel money for family to attend the big game and likely other appearance $$ for showing up at different celebrations. 

I can’t see any FA not signing here over $5 or 10k like we heard not so many years ago. 

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

A reminder that Jefferson took less money to come to Winnipeg and has said many times that he's been very happy with how management and the city has treated him and his family.   I think he stays if they give him a fair offer. 

he's said before being his own agent he just wants fair compensation...also said he wanted to sign a one year deal here last year..see how he fit..if he liked it, and if it was successful.. and the team/city was a fit and liked him back..Pretty obvious it all seem to work out as he hoped..