NFL thread

The Zipp

2 hours ago, JCon said:

In less than 10 years they'll have teams in Europe. It's very, very, close. 

They will have their own division then So they need a few more teams still. I’m sure London is ready and Berlin but you need atleast 3 4 more to make it make sense. Spain yup. Could Mexico join this international division. Maybe. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

They will have their own division then So they need a few more teams still. I’m sure London is ready and Berlin but you need atleast 3 4 more to make it make sense. Spain yup. Could Mexico join this international division. Maybe. 

Mexico City will be in a US conference because of the time zone & travel distance. having a Euro Division won't be easy. I think it's a ways away from expansion.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Goodell himself openly talked about the idea of a 4 team European division.  He said he believed London could support 2 franchises so if you did that with Berlin and Madrid, there's your 4 teams.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-floats-wild-idea-of-possibly-putting-four-teams-in-europe-as-part-of-major-international-expansion/

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Goodell himself openly talked about the idea of a 4 team European division.  He said he believed London could support 2 franchises so if you did that with Berlin and Madrid, there's your 4 teams.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-floats-wild-idea-of-possibly-putting-four-teams-in-europe-as-part-of-major-international-expansion/

Two teams? Very interesting.

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What do you mean? That we should have played games overseas in Europe?

We should have played some games there for sure. Better Europe plays CFL style then NFL style right ;)

2 hours ago, JCon said:

It's a shorter flight from Boston to London, than it is Boston to Los Angeles. 

True but there's no border security to slow you down.

21 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

We should have played some games there for sure. Better Europe plays CFL style then NFL style right ;)

True but there's no border security to slow you down.

You pre-cleae security going to US and are at a separate security when you go to Europe. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

You help get your team to the Super Bowl, your team loses in OT to a  team who won it last year but get out, you're not a good fit.

Ruthless business.

And Tom Dimitroff thinks Mike O'Shea should leave the CFL for that pressure cooker???? He'd last a season, maybe. 

couldn't they have taken their dispute ELSEWHERE instead of a place where children can get hurt (all the children that were shot are expected to survive by the way)

https://people.com/kansas-city-chiefs-parade-shooting-dispute-between-several-people-not-terrorism-say-police-8583095?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=65ce51fc1ba9b10001601ea7

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-02-24 at 5:30 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

How did the CFL ever miss the Gravy Train??? As a fan, I'd take just one tenth of that growth thrown our way. .

Much smaller population and audience which translates into significantly smaller broadcasting deals .. limited reach (in terms of global audience and awareness) and a somewhat insignificant approach over the years to grow the game at a grassroots level.

Football is religion in the US (I know you know this well);  Hockey is Canada's.