looking ahead-LDC

Nolby

11 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Anybody know if the Bombers still stay at the SPA in Moose Jaw...or in Regina?

Milt was on the radio in SK yesterday talking about the days the Bombers stayed in Regina and some stupid Rider fans woke up Milt and Khari at 3 a.m. and they never got back to sleep and the Bombers got blown out so coach Ritchie said "No more of that. We're going to Moose Jaw from now on."

Isn't Moose Jaw just a suburb of Regina ?.... same **** smaller pile....

14 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Milt was on the radio in SK yesterday talking about the days the Bombers stayed in Regina and some stupid Rider fans woke up Milt and Khari at 3 a.m. and they never got back to sleep and the Bombers got blown out so coach Ritchie said "No more of that. We're going to Moose Jaw from now on."

I don't believe they stay in the same place every year.  When I was making the trip regularly we'd some times end up in the same hotel as them in Regina.

26 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

They stay in the Riders locker room, home away from home.

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

ratio is not only about the 7 starters. but the overall composition of the roster. 21-Cdn, 20-Amer, 1 global

I get that but figured with Augustine in for Harris it was a wash. Forgot about replacement for Augustine on special teams and being on the active roster game days.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

12 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Moose Jaw's 45 minutes from Regina. The Spa hotel is pretty nice. They got mineral water piped in there

I know the geography......and I got mineral water piped into my house as well..... I can smell it lol..... gotta learn about water softeners next.

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't know that that's necessarily true.... I've been a vocal critic of Streveler as a passer but last year vs Mtl, he lit em up through the air. He CAN do it and we've got guys that can get open if there's a lot of man coverage... 

Recently re-watched that game, I think there are a couple of major differences.  That was the second game of the season, the Als were a crappy team last year at the best of times, early season Als were a craptacularly bad team.   We may hate the Riders but you have to admit they're playing decent ball right now.  

Als did not have much of a pass rush so Streveler had plenty of time to locate his receivers and get the ball to them.   Riders have one of the top D-lines in the league and are going to bring pressure, so Strev. is not going to have the luxury of time to find open receivers, he'll have to move the ball quickly.  The game could come down to ball security so I think it's most likely we'll see the  same game-plan they employed against the Esks. which means run often and only throw when necessary.

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It's so they can't dress another player as 3rd QB and use him elsewhere.  Makes a lot of sense.  Otherwise the Bombers could dress McCallister, play him at DE and insist he's the 3rd QB.

Well, in that example, sure. But how many D Ends will play qb? To me, if Streveler can be effective as a running back & he can actually play that position then he should be allowed. I think that there are too many restrictions on CFL rosters.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

No Cory Watson for the Riders, they're going with the two rookies. Takes away a safety valve for Fajardo and Watson is a pretty good blocker too if I recall correctly.

Who'd have thought that in 2019, we would be happy that we weren't playing against Watson. I thought he was washed up 5 years ago.