Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Floyd

QB Accuracy Rankings

Recommended Posts

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/07/02/accuracy-grades-target-week-3/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Not a great assessment for Nichols...

'The downfall of Nichols was the limited number of pass attempts, which could have helped raise his number. Despite making completions, he threw high and away several times making receivers’ lives more difficult.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/07/02/accuracy-grades-target-week-3/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Not a great assessment for Nichols...

'The downfall of Nichols was the limited number of pass attempts, which could have helped raise his number. Despite making completions, he threw high and away several times making receivers’ lives more difficult.'

Bout what id expect and what most people observed. Im a big believer in the Bill walsh Wr target zone and passer accuracy. Hitting wrs in stride and not forcing them to dive, reach back, stop etc is key. 

The lack of consistency in pocket positioning concerns me. We saw a lot of nichols under center last week, a bunch of roll outs (i was in favor of this mid game and still am) pistol and shotgun. The amount of time nichols and plop have been together, they should have a bread and butter for dealing with pressure and a healthy comfort zone. This wasnt on display last week or this year. That can very well lead to the kind of troubles weve seen this year.  

Edited by wbbfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of what we have seen from Nichols and his receivers can be attributed to teething problems but that excuse is gonna get old real fast. Had Nichols made most of those easy targets, his stats would have been very good, and we have every right to expect him to do that this Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tracker said:

Some of what we have seen from Nichols and his receivers can be attributed to teething problems but that excuse is gonna get old real fast. Had Nichols made most of those easy targets, his stats would have been very good, and we have every right to expect him to do that this Friday.

Thats true. 

Ball placement has never been his strong suit. He hasnt done a great job of hitting guys in stride, and the deep balls have been hit or miss. But over all he has been money on the short and medium passes. I expect that he will re find his form with that atleast and fairly quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nichols was a bit jumpy about the Edmonton pass rush. Wonder if he watched too many highlights of those guys crushing Reilly the week before.

I'd expect him to calm down for this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Nichols was a bit jumpy about the Edmonton pass rush. Wonder if he watched too many highlights of those guys crushing Reilly the week before.

I'd expect him to calm down for this week.

I still don't understand what Thorpe is doing this year... usually their front seven are all over the QB with a lot of stunts and loading the box - haven't really seen that yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

If I was the opposition defensive coordinator I would send the house on just about every other play against Nichols. 

Two words: Andrew Harris. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

As far as I can tell, T.J. Thorpe has dropped off the face of the earth... where are all those people saying we should've kept him when he asked to be released?...

Just another talented player fallen between the cracks. Remember ricky ray was driving a fritos truck before 1 team called. AC was almost out of the league before going to MTL (we chose reggie slack over him). Charles roberts was an after thought for us and no one else in the cfl was after him. Then he went from the best back in the league for 99% of 2006 and 2007 to gone with the end of 2008. Kurt warner was baging groceries so on and so forth. Every year countless guys fall out of football that could be all stars or better in both leagues. Falling between the cracks doesnt speak to talent. Its just the reality of pro sports. You cant over estimate your worth if you are not a star, or you will probably be done just like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Just another talented player fallen between the cracks. Remember ricky ray was driving a fritos truck before 1 team called. AC was almost out of the league before going to MTL (we chose reggie slack over him). Charles roberts was an after thought for us and no one else in the cfl was after him. Then he went from the best back in the league for 99% of 2006 and 2007 to gone with the end of 2008. Kurt warner was baging groceries so on and so forth. Every year countless guys fall out of football that could be all stars or better in both leagues. Falling between the cracks doesnt speak to talent. Its just the reality of pro sports. You cant over estimate your worth if you are not a star, or you will probably be done just like that. 

Great post. Thanks. Football is a game that doubles as a profession for some. Very few people look at football, especially CFL football, as their #1 career choice. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, you have to be realistic. Maybe finish school, start a business, etc. Life goes on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-07-03 at 11:12 PM, Eternal optimist said:

As far as I can tell, T.J. Thorpe has dropped off the face of the earth... where are all those people saying we should've kept him when he asked to be released?...

I think people liked him and saw him as a clutch play maker that deserved a better shake than he got during his time here. He likely thought he did enough to earn more playing time and if O'Shea didn't think so, maybe he thought there was nothing more he could do. I mean, what more do you have to do to get a chance to play? Do we win this game without him? Probably not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

i'm surprised that thorpe didn't factor more into our offence. He looks pretty good from what i recall.

Maybe he refused to run the jet package?  

There is probably a darned good reason why he isn't playing now, and its not likely his athleticism .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Floyd said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/07/10/accuracy-grades-target-week-4/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'm a Nichols fan but he is not having a great season so far... especially with the level of protection that he's getting

Would you rather have Reilly and the lions record? 😖

Edited by B-F-F-C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

40 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'm a Nichols fan but he is not having a great season so far...

Nichols is undefeated and is tied for the lead in the league in TD passes in one less game than the guy he is tied with. I would say his season is doing fine so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Floyd said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/07/10/accuracy-grades-target-week-4/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'm a Nichols fan but he is not having a great season so far... especially with the level of protection that he's getting

He's right there with the other starters. Can definitely be better but his accuracy in OTT wasn't an issue. 

Weird that Strevler is being pumped up on that link. Did he even attempt a pass further than 10 yards downfield?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Floyd said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/07/10/accuracy-grades-target-week-4/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'm a Nichols fan but he is not having a great season so far... especially with the level of protection that he's getting

Passing yards wise, maybe not. But he is efficient. Yes, I would rather have BLM or Reilly here (at a lesser salary), but Nicholls doesn't throw too many picks and fits our system. I'm saying he throws at least 4 TD's on Friday...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...