GDT Pre-season Game 1 - Edmonton at Bombers

Floyd

Well, story so far is red zone defense has held up good.  The OL has been brutal to watch.

Worst thing about that last part is if they were playing better, we'd see MacGuire really unleash his stuff.  I like what I seen out of him and think he should get on this roster as QB3.  I mean, nothing against Bennett, but I think MacGuire has slightly better mechanics and similar form to Strev.  Definitely gotta keep him so that just in case Strev or Nichols are playing somewhere else in 2020, we got another golden backup.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

McGuire has not made anyone forget who's number one QB, but considering the lac of protection from the O-line and the dropsies the receivers have had, it's tough to asses him accurately.

That applies to Streveler too as he's had to face that same thing.  I can only hope the OL leaking tonight is because of us playing unpolished backups more than anything, but if not then PLap is going to have to do something major to help his offense.

Meantime, the WR drops just go to show how underappreciated Dressler was while here.  His sticky hands were highly valuable.

Half time thoughts..

For returner Nelson is winning so far.   Whitehead/Santiago is next with Jones losing because of the fumble.

Fenner looking good,  Sayles as well.  

Coleman is getting cut.   Speller was not good at all.   

Good for the Mexican kicker,  glad he got some good boots off.  

Lawler needs to do something,  he's ran nice routes but really needed to make two of those catches.  

Thomas bulldozing and looking good.  

Cover teams looking real good.

McGuire and Bennett with nice arms.   

In the 2nd half I'd like to see Whitehead at receiver and maybe a few more medium range passes.