GDT Pre-season Game 1 - Edmonton at Bombers

Floyd

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. And not terribly with Nichols. With the high probability of a very small amount of time for Bryant, and no Hardrick its better to keep him out of this game. 

I would expect something like a half + 1 series for Streveler, 1 and a half quarters for Bennett and McGuire the mop-up at the end. Those reps are extremely valuable to both Bennett, Streveler, and the depth Wrs. Mcguire doesn't have much of a shot of making the team IMO. With Nichols not playing this game, I would expect him to take more than half of next week. I don't see any way he takes less than that. The reps in live fire action with the new Wrs and OL starters are far too important. 

It would be interesting though, if they gave Streveler a quarter, the first series of the 2nd half, and mixed him in heavily in the option package throughout the rest of the game with Bennett. 

The impression I got from O'Shea's media availability today was that Streveler's involvement in the game will be minimal and this game will be about settling who wins the third string QB job. He did not say those exact words but he definitely implied it. We shall see.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

The impression I got from O'Shea's media availability today was that Streveler's involvement in the game will be minimal and this game will be about settling who wins the third string QB job. He did not say those exact words but he definitely implied it. We shall see.

I suspect that Streveler will get a quarter to maybe a half and the others will split the rest.

52 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Big Chris is going to light it up so quick and so fast he will end up getting pulled earlier than expected.... coaches won't want to put any extra pressure on Matty.

Conspiracy theory stuff. If he gets pulled fast after success it will be because there is satisfaction that he is ready not for feelies. 

A little surprised they're not sitting Andrew Harris out this one, keeping him fresh for the season given his workload will be paramount.

Biggest thing I'm keeping an eye on is our DBs.  Got a lot of replacing to do there that would hope we can hold our own on.

4 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

A little surprised they're not sitting Andrew Harris out this one, keeping him fresh for the season given his workload will be paramount.

Biggest thing I'm keeping an eye on is our DBs.  Got a lot of replacing to do there that would hope we can hold our own on.

I reckon Harris dresses just to give the home town fans a brief look at the star player. He won't take many snaps I don't think.