Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
blue85gold

Needs for next year

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

You forgot to add Big Chris....... and why do teams always have to recycle somebody else's QB,  it's about time the CFL teams that need a QB start running more than a few through the scouting process,  and start finding some capable replacements.

Yes because teams just pick 2 or 3 and when they flop, that's it.. onto the retreads.

 

Cuz I mean, there is like this endless supply of bonafide starting calibre QBs that teams like Hamilton, Montreal, Saskatchewan and us just ignore or refuse to bring in..

 

Honestly,  do you really think GMs and scouts just say...  "nah.. we good."

 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SPuDS said:

Ugh. I feel sick saying this but I agree with him here.  I add the lol often because some finer nuances of sarcastic wit are lost on some here at times..

The difference between you and him is you're not trolling.  He seems to think that he can say what he wants and by adding "lol' he can act shocked at the response he gets (which he was hoping for in the first place), and that magically, he's protected.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Nichols overthrows receiver = bad QB

Streveler overthows receiver =/= bad QB.

 

Above rationale = Tburg logic

 

Please stop- you're breaking my brain....

You still don't have it right. Nichols overthrows a receiver = an overthrow. Streveler overthrows a receiver = an overthrow. The combo of the 2 overthrows = 2 missed opportunities. Neither play in themselves = a bad QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

You still don't have it right. Nichols overthrows a receiver = an overthrow. Streveler overthrows a receiver = an overthrow. The combo of the 2 overthrows = 2 missed opportunities. Neither play in themselves = a bad QB.

So then why didn't  you just say that? 

Instead we got this:

On 2018-12-14 at 10:35 AM, TBURGESS said:

The real point is that the ball was overthrown to a wide open Adams. Adams wouldn't catch up to it no matter how hard he tried, but the Nichols apologist's need it to be someone else's fault.

Streveler missing his only throw of the game doesn't make him Nealon Green 2.0 or a bad QB, no matter how many times some folks want to make that the story.

 

...."still don't have it right." well no ****, cuz they are different statements.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

The difference between you and him is you're not trolling.  He seems to think that he can say what he wants and by adding "lol' he can act shocked at the response he gets (which he was hoping for in the first place), and that magically, he's protected.  

I wish you would post some examples of what you consider "trolling" by me.  In fact I bet you can't.  And if you continue with these baseless accusations I will consider it as bullying....... and laugh my azz off accordingly. .......lol 🤣

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SPuDS said:

Yes because teams just pick 2 or 3 and when they flop, that's it.. onto the retreads.

 

Cuz I mean, there is like this endless supply of bonafide starting calibre QBs that teams like Hamilton, Montreal, Saskatchewan and us just ignore or refuse to bring in..

 

Honestly,  do you really think GMs and scouts just say...  "nah.. we good."

 

?

In the NFL there is fresh blood every season doing well at the QB position.  So maybe in the CFL it's like some posters say in here...we need better scouting. 

And yeh I think the Bombers management said "nah.. we good...... let's just roll with Nichols, his knee ain't that bad"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

So then why didn't  you just say that? 

Instead we got this:

The real point is that the ball was overthrown to a wide open Adams. Adams wouldn't catch up to it no matter how hard he tried, but the Nichols apologist's need it to be someone else's fault.

Streveler missing his only throw of the game doesn't make him Nealon Green 2.0 or a bad QB, no matter how many times some folks want to make that the story.

...."still don't have it right." well no ****, cuz they are different statements.  

They are all accurate statements. They don't say different things.

Adams couldn't catch the ball because it was overthrown. Nichols apologists, like you, blame Adams.

Streveler overthrew Harris and that 1 play doesn't make him Nealon Green 2.0, yet that's what someone said it meant.

Both QB's missed an open receiver. Neither miss by itself makes them bad QB's.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

They are all accurate statements. They don't say different things.

Adams couldn't catch the ball because it was overthrown. Nichols apologists, like you, blame Adams.

Streveler overthrew Harris and that 1 play doesn't make him Nealon Green 2.0, yet that's what someone said it meant.

Both QB's missed an open receiver. Neither miss by itself makes them bad QB's.

 

 

Thank you for clearing that up- your OG post made it sound like you were blaming one QB for one thing and then Giving another QB a pass on the same thing. 

 

 

FTR, I am not a Nichols apologist; That overthrow to Adams was 100% on Nichols- he's a pro and should have accounted for the wind. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Thank you for clearing that up- your OG post made it sound like you were blaming one QB for one thing and then Giving another QB a pass on the same thing.

FTR, I am not a Nichols apologist; That overthrow to Adams was 100% on Nichols- he's a pro and should have accounted for the wind.

If that's what you thought, then you're reading things that aren't there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I wish you would post some examples of what you consider "trolling" by me.  In fact I bet you can't.  And if you continue with these baseless accusations I will consider it as bullying....... and laugh my azz off accordingly. .......lol 🤣

 

I've done that lots of times and each time you have an excuse.  "oh that was joking" or "that was sarcasm" or "it's just my opinion".   With all due respect, I know that you're never ever going to acknowledge you're trolling.  It would violate the code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

I've done that lots of times and each time you have an excuse.  "oh that was joking" or "that was sarcasm" or "it's just my opinion".   With all due respect, I know that you're never ever going to acknowledge you're trolling.  It would violate the code.

The code ?..... I know nothing of any codes.  ........ an seriously,  if something I have posted has honestly offended you then pm me about it.  .....cause playing thin skinned games about trolling is so pre-pubescent when it comes to social media these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

If that's what you were trying to convey, maybe stop conflating QB performance with apologists and neolon green.

Maybe you should stop reading stuff into what I type. You should know by now, that I don't have any problems calling a spade an F'ing shovel. If I mean that Nichols is crap, I'll say Nichols is crap. I won't try to hide it between the lines.

Context is your friend. Someone else brought up Nelon Green and contended that our rookie QB missing his only throw was where we lost the game at the same time ignoring BLM missing an open receiver and faulting Adams for Nichols overthrow. Others agreed. I was just pointing out how ridiculous that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Maybe you should stop reading stuff into what I type. You should know by now, that I don't have any problems calling a spade an F'ing shovel. If I mean that Nichols is crap, I'll say Nichols is crap. I won't try to hide it between the lines.

Context is your friend. Someone else brought up Nelon Green and contended that our rookie QB missing his only throw was where we lost the game at the same time ignoring BLM missing an open receiver and faulting Adams for Nichols overthrow. Others agreed. I was just pointing out how ridiculous that is.

There we go. Now we are getting somewhere. Well, I am happy you agree with me.

You call a spade a ******* shovel when most people call a "spade a spade". There's the issue, glad we found that kink in the line of communication.

Clarity is our friend.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

In the NFL there is fresh blood every season doing well at the QB position.  So maybe in the CFL it's like some posters say in here...we need better scouting. 

Doing well in a game they've probably played and been coached in their entire life or a good portion of it anyway. The CFL is a different game, different rules, different places to place a ball, different balls even (though not so much anymore), more players, more movement, different types of D, different types of blitzes, etc etc etc. It is 100% not as easy as you're making it seem, to go from one to the other. Which is why the CFL doesn't have a multitude of QB's coming up that can excel in the CFL. 

Edited by Bigblue204

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Doing well in a game they've probably played and been coached in their entire life or a good portion of it anyway. The CFL is a different game, different rules, different places to place a ball, different balls even (though not so much anymore), more players, more movement, different types of D, different types of blitzes, etc etc etc. It is 100% not as easy as you're making it seem, to go from one to the other. Which is why the CFL doesn't have a multitude of QB's coming up that can excel in the CFL. 

I am not trying to insinuate that it would be easy to transition from NFL to CFL...... I was just thinking that if raw rookies can step into the NFL at the QB position and contribute enough to stick as a starter..... then scouts in the cfl should be able to find QBs who are smart enough and athletic enough to be given some meaningful reps .... I guess maybe we are at that level ,  I guess I am answering my own question now ...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

There we go. Now we are getting somewhere. Well, I am happy you agree with me.

You call a spade a ******* shovel when most people call a "spade a spade". There's the issue, glad we found that kink in the line of communication.

Clarity is our friend.

You got 'I agree with you' out of my post? 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I am not trying to insinuate that it would be easy to transition from NFL to CFL...... I was just thinking that if raw rookies can step into the NFL at the QB position and contribute enough to stick as a starter..... then scouts in the cfl should be able to find QBs who are smart enough and athletic enough to be given some meaningful reps .... I guess maybe we are at that level ,  I guess I am answering my own question now ...lol

How many "raw rookies" do that at the NFL level though? Like 2 a season maybe? And then how many are actually good? This is out of hundreds of players.

Players who are smart enough, and talented enough to start as a rookie in the NFL, start in the NFL. And players who are even remotely close to doing this, still play in the NFL because they make WAAAAAAAY more money sitting on the PR of a team then they would starting in the CFL.

You're making it seem like these players are a dime a dozen. They aren't. They are like finding a needle in a hay stack. Then you need to convince said needle to head north, learn a new a game for far less money then they could be making staying at home playing a game they are familiar with. Even if CFL teams send thousands of scouts out, believe it or not the CFL isn't exactly a high priority landing spot for most college kids, and there is still a lot of convincing that needs to be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Doing well in a game they've probably played and been coached in their entire life or a good portion of it anyway. The CFL is a different game, different rules, different places to place a ball, different balls even (though not so much anymore), more players, more movement, different types of D, different types of blitzes, etc etc etc. It is 100% not as easy as you're making it seem, to go from one to the other. Which is why the CFL doesn't have a multitude of QB's coming up that can excel in the CFL. 

Great post. You nailed it 110%. That is why so many qbs struggle with our game. Fans like Skunk can't get seem to get their heads around that. The Canadian game is different than the American game. Fans like Skunk say just do a better job scouting. Unfortunately, now the CFL is cutting back on that as well.  With the new leagues signing the best qbs available & the CFL on an austerity kick at the wrong time, don't expect things to be any better in the future.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Great post. You nailed it 110%. That is why so many qbs struggle with our game. Fans like Skunk can't get seem to get their heads around that. The Canadian game is different than the American game. Fans like Skunk say just do a better job scouting. Unfortunately, now the CFL is cutting back on that as well.  With the new leagues signing the best qbs available & the CFL on an austerity kick at the wrong time, don't expect things to be any better in the future.

I get my head around it fine.  And if yer gonna insult me the least you could do is unblock me.

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Thank you for clearing that up- your OG post made it sound like you were blaming one QB for one thing and then Giving another QB a pass on the same thing. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's exactly what Tburg did. He blamed Nichols on his overthrow & didn't on the Streveler overthrow. He's just backtracking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×