3 stars +hh regular season finale

wbbfan

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Did Reilly look like he wants to be back in Edmonton next season? His facial expressions & overall body language just looked like he was ready to check out. I saw him smile once while he was on the sidelines with the game under wraps. Of course for the 18th game his lousy OL allowed our defense to beat him up all game long so that may have had something to do with it. Maas was stupid enough to keep him in there.

that part I didn't understand - why not let Kevin Glenn take a snap or two given it was probably his last game in the CFL.  

2 hours ago, ddanger said:

I'm a little late to the party but here we go....

1. Streveler. Great legs when he needed them, and he's just getting better and better.

2. Lankford. Don't think he's kicked a field goal since high school. 

3. Augustine. I think he's much better than LaFrance.

Liked what I saw from Augustine.  He's got that burst that all good runningbacks have.  I really hope he's our runningback for the future, as Harris won't be around forever.  I guess its sayonara Flanders?

18 hours ago, wbbfan said:

we have those guys, Nichols and our offense doesn't time or lay in deep balls well at all. Overthrows, coming back past dbs and having to lay out is what you see on the majority of our deep shots.  We dont hit guys in stride well. 

Those two bombs to Washington and Simonise were things of beauty.  Just loved the ball placement by Streveler. 

With the naked eye...

👁‍🗨 Ryan Lankford? Surprise! He shows he can see kicks and punts from both ends of the spectrum. The guy can kick!

👁‍🗨 Streveler - Intriguing. Not yet ready, but definitely intriguing. And exciting. 

9-15 190 yds passing 1TD and 76 yds rushing.

👁‍🗨Humes - The coverage was hard to spot, but 8 tackles. Involved.

👁‍🗨Nelson - Finally, get to see this guy. 3 catches 35 yds & kickoffs - 24.6 avg 

👁‍🗨Corey Washington - Now that was impressive. 1 catch 80 yds & TD

👁‍🗨 What was a good outcome of Saturday’s game? No injuries.

👁‍🗨Andrew Harris - 3 years ago when we signed Harris, I thought it was kind of neat, homegrown product and all. What I didn’t realize at the time how friggin good he is. The rushing title 2 years in a row! And if they had let him play a full game 3 years ago, he probably gets the 26 yards he needed to get 1000 yards. That would have made it 4 years in a row (one with BC)

And btw, nice salute to your mates before leaving the game.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

No real point in further slagging Maas- he is a dead man walking and is probably packing all the while dreading The Phone Call. Can't be fun to be him these days.

According to Terry Jones of the Edmonton Journal, Mike Reilly told Len Rhodes that he likes playing for Maas, says he's a great coach & that if he wants him to  come back then he wants Maas back as well.  Seems Rhodes is backtracking on the Arash Madani story that he sent out feelers to every OC  in the CFL inquiring about their interest in being the Esks HC.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

According to Terry Jones of the Edmonton Journal, Mike Reilly told Len Rhodes that he likes playing for Maas, says he's a great coach & that if he wants him to  come back then he wants Maas back as well.  Seems Rhodes is backtracking on the Arash Madani story that he sent out feelers to every OC  in the CFL inquiring about their interest in being the Esks HC.

If the Edmonton Sun has the same degree of credibility and integrity as the Winnipeg Sun and all the other Sun papers, I would not put much stock in this report. Reilly had the same expression as someone who had to clean out a septic tank during the game. Body language is not infallible but its usually pretty darned accurate, and Reilly's looked to express a lot of dissatisfaction.

22 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If the Edmonton Sun has the same degree of credibility and integrity as the Winnipeg Sun and all the other Sun papers, I would not put much stock in this report. Reilly had the same expression as someone who had to clean out a septic tank during the game. Body language is not infallible but its usually pretty darned accurate, and Reilly's looked to express a lot of dissatisfaction.

Thought Jones was with the Edmonton Journal.