Season Finale At Edmonton

USABomberfan

28 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

If you try a google search you’ll see that he has a sister by the name of Mary Simonise. She spends her winters in Aspen and is quite the philanthropist. They come from a successful family that made luggage using the name as the brand. 

https://www.samsonite.ca/shop-by-brand/samsonite/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpqO4-Ii23gIVhf5kCh2gtwmREAMYASAAEgKAUfD_BwE

200.gif?cid=3640f6095bdc76f3335a68564d2a

22 minutes ago, Tracker said:

No, no no. Those were related to a biblical strongman. The family is into car care products.

I’m wrong? But my opinion...they were a family. That has to count for something. And my opinion, that’s real. You guys always make me blush. Your always pulling my leg. Such a, playful bunch of cards! Makes me want to write “lol” behind everything. 

Edited by Rod Black

The depth chart.  Nelson and Lankford are in Adams' spot.  Couture and Gray in Chungh's spot. Dressler listed as a backup behind Washington.

there's 22 internationals listed, so two will be left off the game day roster. Guessing that's Lankford and Dressler. O'Shea mentioned he wanted to see Wild do some long snapping...

DrAZGM6X0AAJ40r.jpg

Edited by johnzo

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

He's lucky his bag didn't catch fire......ouch

During my university days when I was younger (and dumber, if that was possible), after a few beers our group got to arguing if farts were combustible. One of the gang a Quebecois named Daniel was determined to prove it  one way or another once and for all, so he felt flatulence coming on, bent over and dropped his drawers. Another lit up a lighter a few inches away and waited for the blast of gas. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a wet fart, which doused the lighter and ensured that no such experiment was ever attempted again.

36 minutes ago, Tracker said:

During my university days when I was younger (and dumber, if that was possible), after a few beers our group got to arguing if farts were combustible. One of the gang a Quebecois named Daniel was determined to prove it  one way or another once and for all, so he felt flatulence coming on, bent over and dropped his drawers. Another lit up a lighter a few inches away and waited for the blast of gas. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a wet fart, which doused the lighter and ensured that no such experiment was ever attempted again.

Sharting usually puts a damper on all occasions.

👁‍🗨 The Bombers are unique in the fact that they have scored the most points offensively and yet, they’re only 5th in net offence. Same thing for defence. They are 2nd in points allowed and yet, they’re 5th in net offence allowed.. The Bombers are #1 in turnover ratio, penalties, fumble recoveries and penalty yardage..

Game #88 Notes & Trends - Winnipeg at Edmonton:

6-3 Start - No Playoff Spot: The Eskimos began this season at 5-2 and then were 6-3 through 9 games and in 2nd place having won 4 out of 5. But since then have gone 2-6 to miss the playoffs. In the 18-game season era of the CFL, 57 different teams have started their season at 6-3 - only two of those did not go on to make the playoffs. Winnipeg 2014 6-3, then 1-8 and now Edmonton.

 Winnipeg at Saskatchewan? - Not since 1975: the Bombers last played a playoff game in Regina 43 years at Taylor Field on November 8, 1975. Saskatchewan defeated Winnipeg 42-24 that day behind Ron Lancaster's 338 passing yards and on the strength of a 35-8 half-time lead. What is interesting is that not a single Active CFL player was even born then.

 Winnipeg at Calgary? - Not since 1978: It has been almost as long since the Bombers last played a playoff game in Calgary - that being Regina 40 years ago - at McMahon Stadium on November 8, 1978. Calgary defeated Winnipeg 38-4 that day on the strength that time of a 17-4 half-time lead.

 Coach O'Shea 10+ wins: will be making his 90 sideline appearance. He is 45-44. That includes a 33-20 .623 mark since 2016 with win totals of 11, 12 & 10 games. The last Winnipeg coaches to post 3 straight 10+ win seasons were Dave Ritchie (2001-2003) and Cal Murphy (1984-1986).

5 wins in a row: The Bombers come in with 5 consecutive wins for the first time since Jul-Aug 2017. They last won 6 in a row in 2016 so wins streak with Matt Nichols at QB are not new.

Chris Streveler: Started the first 3 games this season and depending on Coach O'Shea's plans may get his 4th this week. Streveler went 1-2 as a starter but made a big mark early by throwing 3 TD passes in his first two career games. Tom Wilkinson in 1969 is the only other QB to throw at least 3 TD passes in each of his first two career starts.

 Turnovers Forced / +57 Since 2016: Winnipeg leads the CFL with 48 Takeaways while Edmonton is at #6 with 35. It is widely known that forcing Turnovers is a Bombers' specialty and the most telling number is their T/O Ratio. From 2012 to 2015, Winnipeg was -60 but since 2016 are +57 (2016: #1 at +29, 2017: #2 at +14, 2018: #1 at +14).

 Harris 295 touches: Last year Harris rushed 189 times and caught 105 passes for 294 total touches. This year the balance has shifted to a career-high 237 runs and just 58 catches. But ... that adds to a career-high 295 touches. Harris is only 5 catches away from reaching 500 career receptions.

Whyte & Medlock: In a year where the league-wide FG% is an all-time high 88%, these two have a combined 89% mark missing only 9 of 83 attempts. A 6-FG game would likely give Medlock the 2018 scoring title.

Mike Reilly 13 TDs: Reilly needs one TD to tie the CFL single-season record for most Touchdowns in a season by a QB.

Mike Reilly 29 TD Passes: Reilly needs one TD pass to become the 3rd Edmonton QB to throw for 30+ in consecutive seasons. (Tracy Ham 1989-1992, Warren Moon 1981-82)

Medlock: Is up to 61 consecutive 32-yd converts, the 2nd-longest streak since the distance was moved in 2015 (82 by Medlock).

Duke Williams: Has 1,534 yards and appears to have Edmonton locked in with the CFL's leading receiver for the 3rd year in a row.

C.J. Gable: Needs 49 yards to reach 1,000 for the first time. No Edmonton rusher has reached 1,000 rushing yards since 2011.

J.C. Sherritt: Needs 9 tackles to reach 100 for the 2nd time in his career.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Damn sorry I missed it.