3 stars +hh argblows

wbbfan

1 Harris. This might be the best stretch of his career. 

2 mo. His best game since coming back huge difference maker in coverage. 

3 the dl. Both lines played amazing. But the dl killed it in pressure and run stopping. 

Hh goes to Bryan Bennett for his hit on teams. Not every day a qb lays some one out. 

Really liked Brandon Alexander on D.  Big play early on a screen pass which really set the tone for the D I thought.  Solid all day.

Medlock's punting and kicking in general was great in a tough wind.  Great directional punting, picked up a single after a TD which is always demoralizing for the team being scored on.

Nevis and Johnson were monsters too.

1. Harris - New single-game career high for rushing total

2. Nichols - No turnovers and he had a that big third down sneak.

3. O-line - They often don't get the credit they deserve

HH - I gotta say LaPo because his play-calling was much more suited for the situations in the game. No turnovers on downs, and Harris was well-fed.

Alexander back made a huge difference..good coverage and he b.c reacts to the play and closes fast and usually always makes the tackle..the one play on the Wilder dump pass he came clear across field to make stop.

Love that Hardrick..pure for out there and just doesnt let guys he is blocking get away...the line feeds off him.

Harris is just plain good an idea the offence every game should focus on him like this and ride that scheme till teams show they can stop it..and that will just open up everyone else.. also looks like Adam's and dressler are awakening.

Leggett too is back to his self..I hope when Fenner is back he goes to halfback or those 2 rotate and with Alexander added to the mix again our secondary automatically looks much improved.

3 stars tho in my mind

Oline..haven't seen sustained line dominance like this in quite some time..best in league bar none and a group of mean SOB's

Harris...nuff said and product of the first stars

Dline..shut down wilder and never let Franklin get set

Didn't get to see the game yet, but did see the highlights.

General comments are:

The D is playing well enough now to win some games and despite its flaws, Lapo's offence is capable of putting up enough points to win against most teams in the league.

Andrew Harris is definitely the Bomber star, the key to the offence, and is good enough to still be effective even though every team in the league knows he is the key.

The Oline is consistently good, and although I thought the DLine started slow this year, it seems to be coming on now.

1. Andrew Harris with more yards than the Argonauts

2. Nichols: great ball placement, high completion percentage, three TDs (two passes, one sneak). Great bounce back game.

3. The entire defence: the Argos scored three points on them (and even if Pfeiffer doesn’t miss twice, still only nine points). D line, LBs, secondary all looked great  even the one drive with all the illegal contacts amounted to nothing for TO.

HH: Sayles! This kid looks like a great young find, he’s around the ball a lot and is only getting better since his first game against Hamilton where he got burned a bit. He’s specifically the HH for attempting to take a knee and promptly getting pummeled by a monster of an O lineman.

1. Andrew Harris. Harris = Touchdowns. Harris = Wins. It's nice to see him with 20+ carries after last week's baffling total of 13 given his YPC and that we had led the entire game.

2. The o-line, but specifically Paddy Neufeld. I've never been a Neufeld fan because of his inability to stay healthy and his previous work on the line when he played on the right side, however left guard has treated him quite well. I was worried about the drop off between him and Bond prior to the year but you haven't really noticed Neufeld much this year, and of course for an o-lineman that's how it should be.

3. Drake Nevis. After a poor showing most of last season he's bounced back nicely. Great to see the tandem of him and poop in the middle.

HH - Dressler, and the point I want to make is he always does the little things right. I don't remember what quarter it was, but there was a catch he made on the sideline where not only did he have to high point the ball (to the best of his ability given his height) but he also turned his body in mid air to protect the ball from being knocked loose by an incoming defender.

hh.

Marty Costello enters his second year as the Club’s Offensive Line Coach. In 2017, Costello’s Offensive Line helped propel Andrew Harris to a league-leading 1,035 yards rushing, and allowed the fewest quarterback pressures in the CFL at 71.

Prior to joining Winnipeg, Costello spent two seasons at UW-Stevens Point as the Run Game Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach. In his first season, the team put up 114.8 rushing yards per game and was third in the conference with 14 rushing touchdowns.

Harris/O LINE.....what a work horse Andrew has become....Carries this team and the 'hogs' are taking him a long way this year...

D Line....played lights out for the most part  ...

Nichols....once he got warmed up was on his game....and we need that to win

36 minutes ago, Mark F said:

hh.

Marty Costello enters his second year as the Club’s Offensive Line Coach. In 2017, Costello’s Offensive Line helped propel Andrew Harris to a league-leading 1,035 yards rushing, and allowed the fewest quarterback pressures in the CFL at 71.

Prior to joining Winnipeg, Costello spent two seasons at UW-Stevens Point as the Run Game Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach. In his first season, the team put up 114.8 rushing yards per game and was third in the conference with 14 rushing touchdowns.

This....When I saw the shot of him on the sidelines with the OL, I wondered why it's taken so long for him to be appreciated. When he was here, we sure spent a lot of time spreading the Bob Wylie love and even more time, hand-wringing after he left.

Kudos to you Coach Costello.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

hh.

And if the turf monster hadn’t grabbed Goosen we would’ve had another game without Nichols being sacked. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

2. The o-line, but specifically Paddy Neufeld. I've never been a Neufeld fan because of his inability to stay healthy and his previous work on the line when he played on the right side, however left guard has treated him quite well. I was worried about the drop off between him and Bond prior to the year but you haven't really noticed Neufeld much this year, and of course for an o-lineman that's how it should be.

Just watching the game on YouTube - excellent kick out blocks by Neufeld and Bryant on several Harris runs. That left side is SEALED. 

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Just watching the game on YouTube - excellent kick out blocks by Neufeld and Bryant on several Harris runs. That left side is SEALED. 

So maybe we don't have to tar and feather Neufeld just yet? I wonder if the Riders are regretting dumping him.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

He is playing well, no question. Next to the best left tackle in the league, he is looking very good. 

I would put our line as the best in the league. Even with neuf who is the lesser of the group. The continuity on the line goes a long ways. Also having soo many nasty guys helps. The biggest improvement on the line this year is goossen. He has hit a whole other level. Imo four of our starting OL would start on every single team in the league. And neuf would still start on a few teams too. Keep in mind though, that this is his 8th year and he has never come close to starting every single game in the season. he dressed for every game last year but only started iirc 4 or 5. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

So maybe we don't have to tar and feather Neufeld just yet? I wonder if the Riders are regretting dumping him.

The ladder point on my previous comment probably prevents that. he hasnt been able to stay healthy when he has started, and you have to ask how much of it is playing with continuity and on an other wise elite line. If you put bryant etc on another team they play just as well. Neuf given what weve seen of him in the past even as recently as earlier this year I dont think they are sweating it. Besides jones will fix it. 😝

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Where did you find that game?  CFL Insider doesn't have it yet and my Yare TV subscription is not functioning properly.

1. Harris - pretty hard to ignore him when he has more combined yards than the Argos 

2. The OL in general - when your running back puts up those numbers the Hogs deserve credit 

3. Tough here but Dline in general - lots of pressure all game long

HH to lapo for not going away from Harris like he did vs BC. 

25 minutes ago, Goalie said:

1. Harris - pretty hard to ignore him when he has more combined yards than the Argos 

2. The OL in general - when your running back puts up those numbers the Hogs deserve credit 

3. Tough here but Dline in general - lots of pressure all game long

HH to lapo for not going away from Harris like he did vs BC. 

29 touches must be a record for harris in a game. 

13 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Nevis and Johnson dominated the ol. Also thought Alexander had a really good game. 

Love watching Hardrick play. Can't remember when in the game it was, but he got his hands on a db and the poor guy couldn't get away. Just kept pushing him down the field.

Oh man that play where hardrick got his hands on the db.... poor guy was effortlessly pushed backward 20 yards maybe more and if the play hadn't ended hardrick probably pushes him right out of the building. Love they way that guy gets down field to block.