How Happy Are You With Paul LaPolice

BigBlue

Rate your SATISFACTION with our Coordinator  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with what LAPO is doing?

• Very happy
    • Usually pleased
    • Somewhat satisfied
    • Unhappy
    • Extremely displeased
    • Other

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Khari is struggling & Bellefeuille was just awful. LaPo is head & shoulders above those 2.  Maybe KJ would do better if he had a legit qb to work with but he signed on in Montreal as the OC knowing they had nothing at qb so he knew what he was in for. 

Khari has to eat, so.....

3 minutes ago, blitzmore said:

Yup...let's go back to 2002 so you can criticize him today. Guess you are exactly the same as you were in 2002! 

LaPo also coached the Riders to a GC vs the Als & would have won except the STC who is now the GM in Montreal had trouble counting to 12. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

You can easily apply the same logic to Marcel Bellefeuille. If you can't make it work with Khari Jones, Charles Roberts, and Milt Stegall, you aren't going to make it work period.

Of course, people never learn and grow right.  We are who we are and never change?  Your arguement is so bad it's almost not worth pointing that out.  But here goes... Yes, let's look at Bellefeuille.  Which CFL team is he the OC for again?  Oh yea, no one.  Not going to be one again, I'd wager because he's never been anything beyond mediocre in several attempts.  But you know what, if we fired LaPolice, I'd bet he'd have no trouble whatsoever finding employment as an OC in this league.  None at all, because he's clearly not the same guy he was when he was first with us.  Is he the best OC in the league?  I don't know but we've had one of the best offences in the league in the past little while.  If people want to dump all over Hall because of our D, then people also have to give credit to LaPolice.

3 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Of course, people never learn and grow right.  We are who we are and never change?  Your arguement is so bad it's almost not worth pointing that out.  But here goes... Yes, let's look at Bellefeuille.  Which CFL team is he the OC for again?  Oh yea, no one.  Not going to be one again, I'd wager because he's never been anything beyond mediocre in several attempts.  But you know what, if we fired LaPolice, I'd bet he'd have no trouble whatsoever finding employment as an OC in this league.  None at all, because he's clearly not the same guy he was when he was first with us.  Is he the best OC in the league?  I don't know but we've had one of the best offences in the league in the past little while.  If people want to dump all over Hall because of our D, then people also have to give credit to LaPolice.

And I did. I said his creativity was probably the best in the league. His situational calling however is average at best, and that's reflected in the game tape and our overall record.

1 hour ago, Mr. Perfect said:

And I did. I said his creativity was probably the best in the league. His situational calling however is average at best, and that's reflected in the game tape and our overall record.

Mostly he just needs to take what he wants to call and do the opposite some of the time.  That and live and die with his best players.  A well-designed run play for Harris on 1st down is never a wrong call.  Harris didn't have a meaningful touch after the game was 17-10.  That's just crazy.

People seem to forget that hes also going head to head against DCs every game too.. some games a DC will game plan very well against his offense.. others not so much...  I'd say that he beats his opposition far more often then the DCs shutting him down.   is he the best OC ever??  No.

but he is a far cry from the garbage we've seen come thru the stadium doors in the past..

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, it shouldn't & is not.  He had the Argos defense all discombobulated all game. They didn't know what was coming next. 

The same Argo defence that kept the Eskimos offence in check two games in a row. This debate is silly. LaPolice is one of the top two offensive coordinators in the league, no idea how anyone could argue that judging by the whole scoring the most points, great red zone to TD ratio, highest second down conversion in the league things...

3 hours ago, O2L said:

The same Argo defence that kept the Eskimos offence in check two games in a row. This debate is silly. LaPolice is one of the top two offensive coordinators in the league, no idea how anyone could argue that judging by the whole scoring the most points, great red zone to TD ratio, highest second down conversion in the league things...

Like I said, most of Lapo's detractors are Richie Hall defenders who use Lapo's bad games as smoke screens to make excuses for our bad DC.

4 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Like I said, most of Lapo's detractors are Richie Hall defenders who use Lapo's bad games as smoke screens to make excuses for our bad DC.

Yeah and I definitely was happy with our defence last night, but it also didn’t hurt that our offence was on the field far more than Toronto’s.