Riders- Blacks Thursday

BigBlue

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yeah just read some of the exchanges....he is a me first guy..plain and simple and I can see slowly this year starting to cause rifts in Riderland..I would bet that if Jones got tired of him and cut him...he would be out of the league cause I can't see anyone wanting to deal with him...he ain't that good

Between him and Messam. I could see things going south quickly. Messam was pouting on the sideline too and was clearly frustrated with an over throw from Bridge.

yeah him too...big mouth and spouting off about things in media...who would want to willingly go there and play in that environment is beyond me..what a crappy culture and team mindset.

a good majority of that team do not act like pro's and are more concerned with showboating and and acting stupid when making the most basic of football plays...

I think that is in fact why a lot of these types of players want to go there. They are given free range to be their selfish selves. Too bad that's not how you build a cohesive team. I am so grateful that we have a coach and GM who value having not only talented people, but good people. 

12 hours ago, Rod Black said:

I’d love to see the count down clock of “games til Jones is fired”. He is a menace to the league. If he sticks in SK he will ruin that franchise. Will need to reconcile the menace to league canned view, with a desire to see the SK franchise moved to a location suitable for a Scooner team. I’ll work on the reconciliation. 

Unless this season becomes 2011 bad, I think Jones will still last the season. But given that this is supposed to be year 3 of his so called three year plan, this is his last chance to prove that he isn't just all talk and wasn't just assisted by the people around him in Edmonton. If we miss the playoffs, or don't at least make it out of the division semis, he's gone, and I highly doubt he will end up being hired as a head coach by anyone else in the league after that.

Watching the game right now ... Carter is pitiful on the corner. Absolutely pitiful. You have to question any roster decision where you essentially bench a top 10 receiver in the league in order to get a below replacement level DB on the field. That being said, I wouldn't want that idiot anywhere near our team. Very Muamba-esque in the sense that there's probably a big reason he only plays for losers.

Rider D notably better when it's Eguovean (whatever) in the middle with Judge at WIL, as opposed to Hurl in the middle and that alphabet guy at WIL. 

Another questionable decision - cutting Travis Bond so you can essentially hold an audition at his spot two games into the year? LOL are they seriously rotating Bladek and this American pylon? Wow.

Collaros hurt is a shame ... for Collaros. Don't care about Rider Nation after what they had to say about Nichols getting hurt.  

Really though, this boils down to Chris Jones always thinking he's the smartest guy in the room instead of just making the reasonably intelligent move. Right from year one. I remember saying keeping Durant was foolish in the first year of his tenure in Sask ... should've gotten Trevor Harris, considering Durant had at most a year left (ended up being 0 years left) and it made no sense going into year two of a rebuild with a new QB.

Look at their roster. it's bad. A wide receiver playing corner. Dressing 9 defensive linemen, then running play after play where you rush ONE. A rotating audition at RG when your QB is getting killed. Running back position is a revolving door of mentally unstable NFL washouts. Sam Hurl at middle linebacker. No Canadian depth in any real relevant position (I mean come on, Makana Henry?)

So many moves that no other staff in the league would allow to happen. 

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

he was handed that team in Edmonton on a platter...had no hand in it at all in creating/building it...he just took over and reaped the rewards

That Edmonton team wasn't that great and still isn't. They have QB who will win at any cost.  I hate the Esks, but Reilly is the league MVP hands down

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

Watching the game right now ... Carter is pitiful on the corner. Absolutely pitiful. You have to question any roster decision where you essentially bench a top 10 receiver in the league in order to get a below replacement level DB on the field. That being said, I wouldn't want that idiot anywhere near our team. Very Muamba-esque in the sense that there's probably a big reason he only plays for losers.

Rider D notably better when it's Eguovean (whatever) in the middle with Judge at WIL, as opposed to Hurl in the middle and that alphabet guy at WIL. 

Another questionable decision - cutting Travis Bond so you can essentially hold an audition at his spot two games into the year? LOL are they seriously rotating Bladek and this American pylon? Wow.

Collaros hurt is a shame ... for Collaros. Don't care about Rider Nation after what they had to say about Nichols getting hurt.  

Agreed...Carter has no tackling skill/ability/knowledge..whatsoever and his pick again was a gimme...

How Mr Smart Jones thinks this is beneficial is beyond me...weakening your offense to plug in a player to weaken your defense???...funny thing is they have nobody on the 46 man...or PR as a back-up DB...like what kind of roster management is that....

Bond must just be loving this....the Rider's basically took a weak o-line from last year...and replaced 2 guys on it with arguably weaker guys...and no depth behind them...How a CFL team has zero National O-lineman on PR is baffling...let alone only one import who can't crack this roster...and don't even say JSJ is depth on the IR...He has done nothing and if Bladek is better than him...oh my

This team is in shambles and based on pre-season and first 2 games where they have score 2 offensive TD's I would say has worst QB'ing in the league

18 minutes ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

Unless this season becomes 2011 bad, I think Jones will still last the season. But given that this is supposed to be year 3 of his so called three year plan, this is his last chance to prove that he isn't just all talk and wasn't just assisted by the people around him in Edmonton. If we miss the playoffs, or don't at least make it out of the division semis, he's gone, and I highly doubt he will end up being hired as a head coach by anyone else in the league after that.

Are rider fans fed up with him at this point to place his head on a stake? If a Bomber coach behaved in jones manner, hiring dirt bags like carter, there would be a lynching at portage and main. 

This all arises from Regina having such very low standards.wouldnt be surprised if they continue to keep jones. 

Wouldnt you like a CFL franchise in the maritimes? Particularly if it’s from Regina? 

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Are rider fans fed up with him at this point to place his head on a stake? If a Bomber coach behaved in jones manner, hiring dirt bags like carter, there would be a lynching at portage and main. 

This all arises from Regina having such very low standards.wouldnt be surprised if they continue to keep jones. 

Wouldnt you like a CFL franchise in the maritimes? Particularly if it’s from Regina? 

It's divided at this point, though I think most fans are trusting him for now, at least until we see a few more games. If we're still losing by Labour Day, then they will be out for his head.

I would much rather a maritimes team come from a different source as a Rider fan, but I've been excited at the possibility of one coming this direction! Touchdown Atlantic was a success, so it's about time it has been considered.

I also don't get the high powered offense stigma...the T.O game if Trestman had challenged that pick six would have been reversed and they got one last night...take out those 7 points each game and they have offensively scored 20 points...and 10 points....super high powered

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Really though, this boils down to Chris Jones always thinking he's the smartest guy in the room instead of just making the reasonably intelligent move. Right from year one. I remember saying keeping Durant was foolish in the first year of his tenure in Sask ... should've gotten Trevor Harris, considering Durant had at most a year left (ended up being 0 years left) and it made no sense going into year two of a rebuild with a new QB.

Look at their roster. it's bad. A wide receiver playing corner. Dressing 9 defensive linemen, then running play after play where you rush ONE. A rotating audition at RG when your QB is getting killed. Running back position is a revolving door of mentally unstable NFL washouts. Sam Hurl at middle linebacker. No Canadian depth in any real relevant position (I mean come on, Makana Henry?)

So many moves that no other staff in the league would allow to happen. 

Pretty good summary of the nonsense. Cutting Bond is looking like a disaster. That line would have been just average at best with him on it. Now they're the worst in the league. Starting three Canadian OL seems unlikely. Do they even have a backup if Bladek starts?

Lol at your description of their running backs. Messam looks like he's hit his best before date, but they almost have to play him b/c of their Canadian depth issues.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

If anything Carter is going to get hurt "trying" to play DB and making tackles/hits...I bet tho Jones will keep him there tho to try and keep his pride intact and not look like he made a stupid decision..

Seriously he beaked off on twitter?...what a real pro...and his concern about fantasy points and his proclamation of the best in the league is the type of guy you don't want on a team...he's a real peice of work that one

His tackling looked more like bodychecking to me and because this was not a bomber game I was totally sober watching this game so no details were missed. My wife asked me why I was walking around the house laughing. 

I can't understand using Carter as a DB. He's no darn good there. He's way more valuable as a receiver.

What's with rushing 3 all night long? Regina has a good DL, let them go hunt QB's. Add in some blitzes with Hurl, cuz that's all he's good for.

Surprised that their OL looked so bad. Neither QB had any time to throw resulting in both getting beat up.

Losing a starting QB, even Collaros, in the first half hurt the Riders, just like it would hurt any other team. (No, that's not the only reason they lost)

I was just trying to recall the last time the Bombers received a humiliating beat-down like the Riders endured and came up blank.  It must have been before the Nichols era as it seems every loss in the last few years has been reasonably close.  Such a relief not have to be on the receiving end of blowouts any longer.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I think that is in fact why a lot of these types of players want to go there. They are given free range to be their selfish selves. Too bad that's not how you build a cohesive team. I am so grateful that we have a coach and GM who value having not only talented people, but good people. 

Yup.  the culture here versus there is night and day.  I love what o'shea and Walter's have brought here.  guys who compete for the logo on the Jersey, not the name plate on the back.   I'd be livid if our coach and GM built a roster full of selfish guys and pouty players.   it has become a haven for me firsts and players who have burned  bridges everywhere.    riders are in for a huge implosion at some point.