Riders- Blacks Thursday

BigBlue

1 minute ago, SPuDS said:

Yup.  the culture here versus there is night and day.  I love what o'shea and Walter's have brought here.  guys who compete for the logo on the Jersey, not the name plate on the back.   I'd be livid if our coach and GM built a roster full of selfish guys and pouty players.   it has become a haven for me firsts and players who have burned  bridges everywhere.    riders are in for a huge implosion at some point.

I think the implosion began last night.  

21 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I wouldn't mind having Reilly on our team if that's what you mean.  We could use the depth in the secondary

Im jealous of reilly. Id do terrible things to have him as a bomber. Im jelly of ottawa with thorpe. The tigernaughts qb depth. the stamps regular season success. And mostly im jealous of taylor lofflers hair. 

another observation from the game....seeing as the Rider's didn't have any "inside" information of the Ottawa offense as mentioned in an article previously that it was said they did with T.O is there any correlation in the 2 extremes in the deference's performance?

Basically it seemed T.O couldn't get going and the Sask defense always had defenders in the right place and swarmed to the ball smothering them...but in Ottawa..Harris pretty much had a clean game...db's and linebackers were constantly in chase mode and Ottawa moved up and down the field easily and hung a 40 spot on them...maybe more truth to this than just speculation...and Penison's ejection from an area he wasn't supposed to be on walk thru day for further "intel" probably put a wrench in the Ottawa game planning....things that make you go..hmmmmmm

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I was just trying to recall the last time the Bombers received a humiliating beat-down like the Riders endured and came up blank.  It must have been before the Nichols era as it seems every loss in the last few years has been reasonably close.  Such a relief not have to be on the receiving end of blowouts any longer.

The 52-0 Tim Burke game in 2012, and that game was way worse than this one. We weren't even briefly competitive in that one.

The WSF last year was pretty bad too, a couple garbage time TDs put some lipstick on the pig but we were soundly outcompeted on that day.

2 hours ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

It's divided at this point, though I think most fans are trusting him for now, at least until we see a few more games. If we're still losing by Labour Day, then they will be out for his head.

No way. Jones has too many meat shields. Way too much invested to turn so soon. By labour day Prider fandom will have settled on a narrative that exonnerates Jones "what if Collaros hadnt got hurt?" or "Bridge really needs to step up" and designated an official scapegoat player to heap abuse on.

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

The WSF last year was pretty bad too, a couple garbage time TDs put some lipstick on the pig but we were soundly outcompeted on that day.

I think the bombers basically quit in that game. Horrible game, and defence was exceptionally awful. Even for them.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

I think the bombers basically quit in that game. Horrible game, and defence was exceptionally awful. Even for them.

I recall that my impression of that game was that the team, especially the defence, went into that game with no hope or expectation of winning, and played that way. It was a sad end to a promising season.

8 hours ago, johnzo said:

The 52-0 Tim Burke game in 2012, and that game was way worse than this one. We weren't even briefly competitive in that one.

Some bad beat downs in the Jeff Reinbold era & the Joe Zaleski era as well. 

On 2018-06-22 at 11:26 AM, Mike said:

Watching the game right now ... Carter is pitiful on the corner. Absolutely pitiful. You have to question any roster decision where you essentially bench a top 10 receiver in the league in order to get a below replacement level DB on the field. 

This is the perfect description of why this is such a bone headed decision... you downgrade two positions... I would bet there's at least five DBs cuts from other teams that would be far better players that Carter...

On 2018-06-22 at 12:14 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I was just trying to recall the last time the Bombers received a humiliating beat-down like the Riders endured and came up blank.  .

The most recent that immediately came to mind was in 2013 against BC... it was painful... Buck Pierce played half the game for them after we traded him to BC for insurance... which is weird b/c I was pretty sure I had suppressed the memory of the entire 2013 season...