Round 2 - Game 6: Predators at Jets

People wanted to run Maurice out of town after last season......they have had a great season under his direction this year and are battling against a good team with a huge amount of playoff experience. They are now going into a game 7. If it was an easy job all the arm chair coaches here would be in the NHL. I guess you now all think Pittsburg should run their coach out of town now. 

26 minutes ago, iHeart said:

oh no matter what happens on thursday we all need to keep telling ourselves that the Jets should be proud of what they accomplished this year, they managed to step up their game big time during the regular season

no matter what happens, this has been great playoff experience for all the young'uns, including Scheif, Lowry, Ehlers, Laine, Morrissey, Trouba, Copp, Armia, Roslo, Connor and Tanev.  I hope we can keep this core together with a sprinkling of new blood next year including possibly Vesalainen and Lemieux.  If we go out in Game 7 in a close one, all of these guys can hold their heads high, and have a chip on their shoulder for next year, just like Nashville has a chip this year.  

The Oilers had a great team in the 1980's, but they didn't really get anywhere for the first few years in the playoffs with their young core either, and in 1983 they got beat in the finals by a much more experienced New York Islander team, who knew what it took to win at that level.  It takes awhile for these young guys to truly see the sacrifice and hard work it takes to get far in the playoffs.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Regardless of the outcome on Thursday, competitive hockey, and quality playoff hockey is back in Winnipeg. This team has tons to be proud of.

But the last thing we want is them having been up 3-2 and then shitting the bed... (like against the Oilers in Jets 1.0). Too many bad memories.

If we lose Thursday, I hope it's in Triple OT. If we win Thursday, I hope it's a slaughterhouse so I get a good nights sleep. 

And if you're wondering why the above doesn't make sense...

If we lose, I want it to be so bloody close and a squeaker we can say "We tried our hardest". Even though I would be dissapointed, I wouldn't go to bed angry.

If we win, I want it such a forgone conclusion that I can spend the 2nd period making PK Subban memes.

I think a lot of the Maurice-should-be-fired talk is gone and well should be.  We see his influence in how the Jets play.  But it definitely relies on having a big, fast, skilled team executing that style.  When they dont, and especially when the opposing team is "winning", the Jets seem to never make in-game adjustments.  They stick to their plan, no matter what.

So hopefully, they can execute at a high level and not get down against the Preds tomorrow.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think a lot of the Maurice-should-be-fired talk is gone and well should be.  We see his influence in how the Jets play.  But it definitely relies on having a big, fast, skilled team executing that style.  When they dont, and especially when the opposing team is "winning", the Jets seem to never make in-game adjustments.  They stick to their plan, no matter what.

So hopefully, they can execute at a high level and not get down against the Preds tomorrow.

I'll state the obvious but we need to dictate how this game is going to be played right from the start.

I agree with your point about our in-game adjustments but the goal is to have the Preds thinking what they need to do throughout the whole game.

The first 10 minutes will tell us what Jets have shown up for this game. Hopefully it's the Jets we saw that smack downed the Wild from start to finish not the Jets we occasionally see that are tentative and flat.

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

No Enstrom = big advantage for us.  If we get through this series I would like to see Toby firmly cemented to the press box for the rest of the playoffs.

Different defenders have been guilty of just drifting back to the goalie instead of attacking the puck carrier, as well as getting caught on a pinch.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Different defenders have been guilty of just drifting back to the goalie instead of attacking the puck carrier, as well as getting caught on a pinch.

This.  I've seen us, on more than a few occasions, allow a Predator froward come into our zone, 1 on 2 or 3, while they make a change, and we're still not moving on the puck.  He's allowed to gain the zone and wait for reinforcements.  Got to be more aggressive in those situations.