Free Agency Week - News Central

BigBlue

Just now, Floyd said:

Would have liked to keep normand... bummer

I just read that he ran 4.75 40, at his size... and made a nice run after catch the one time I remember him being thrown to. didn't drop the ball.

Who am I to critcize, but I think that LaPolice  should have tried to find a way to use him..... maybe he'll be used to better advantage in Edmonton. Anyway now we have Kienan.

18 hours ago, tracker said:

Well, its nearly the end of the dance, and we're the only ones still standing on the dance floor with Muamba......

It is interesting to look at Henoc's options at this point.... BC (Solly), Edm (Sherrit), Cgy (Singleton), Tor (Woods),  and Ham (Dean) are likely all out... A return to Sask or Mtl seems unlikely, however not impossible... so that leaves Winnipeg , Ottawa or wait it out...

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

It is interesting to look at Henoc's options at this point.... BC (Solly), Edm (Sherrit), Cgy (Singleton), Tor (Woods),  and Ham (Dean) are likely all out... A return to Sask or Mtl seems unlikely, however not impossible... so that leaves Winnipeg , Ottawa or wait it out...

Who does Ottawa currently have at MACK? Hebert is playing Safety right? 

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

not sure... which is why I included them as a potential landing spot... someone mentioned in this thread that Reed was playing WIL for them?

Reed was MACK for them but will be WIL in Toronto with Woods at MACK I believe... 

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

I wouldn't discount Ottawa's interest and I guess their interest would depend on how many starting Canucks they figure to be able to field.

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

I'd rather be the rainbow than the stormcloud, but Muamba's parents still live in Montreal as far as I know, and the guy who screwed him over last time no longer works there.  Plus they've returned to their previous practise of giving out ridiculous contracts.  I think a return to Montreal has an equal chance as signing here.

33 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Bomber's linebackers are

F Renaud

J Briggs

S Gauthier

Jervaris Jones

Thomas Miles

S Knox

I. Wild.

K Wilson.

Any reason to think either of Jones or Wilson would be around as good as or better than  Henoc? 

I'm a bit surprised that Thomas Miles is off our radar... I thought he was a pretty solid rotational NI LB a couple years back... like faster than Hurl...

31 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'm a bit surprised that Thomas Miles is off our radar... I thought he was a pretty solid rotational NI LB a couple years back... like faster than Hurl...

Played team Manitoba with Thomas Miles. The guy is a beast. Really quick for his size too. Good ST guy, and maybe could fit somewhere in the rotation but I couldn't ever see him being a serviceable every down LB in the the CFL. 

8 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Played team Manitoba with Thomas Miles. The guy is a beast. Really quick for his size too. Good ST guy, and maybe could fit somewhere in the rotation but I couldn't ever see him being a serviceable every down LB in the the CFL. 

I wonder if you could  run a rotation of Corney/Miles/Ekakitie for our extra NI