Thank You to the Blue Bombers for a Great and Entertaining Season.

Wanna-B-Fanboy

4 hours ago, bluto said:

It's finally an organization that gives off a feel of being capable and competent to take an accurate measure of itself and seek to redress its own shortcomings. Your football ops dept and HC should be given reign to do as needed. It will be a pleasure to see them back in Toronto when Popp and Trestman move on.

GTFO here you!

And take your scarf with you.

We beat the Riders for the season series, and they're moving on because they crossed over in the crappy east. I can live with that.

The season was mostly a success even though the team heavily lost momentum as the year closed out. 12 wins is something I can get used to.

Playoffs were against disappointing and marred by our HC making another stupid decision at a critical moment. I guess we'll see.

Extremely optimistic listing of optimism regarding this season

1) That soul-crushing home playoff loss convinced the missus that when the Bombers make a Grey Cup, we are going to find a way to get to that game.

2) Hosted a home playoff game, in an ridiculously competitive Western division.

3) First season, in a long time that many of us here expected wins, as opposed to just hoping for wins. There is a difference.

4) Matt Nichols is the real deal.

5) I hope Moe Leggett comes back, better than ever.

Wade Miller, Kyle Walters, Mike O'Shea and this group of players should be proud of their season. They've come along away and the best is still yet to come.  O'Shea has created a winning culture and system and I think that will bode well for the future. Can't wait for more Bomber football.

Here's a fun fact: over the past two years, only Calgary has more regular season wins than Winnipeg (28 to 23). Next step is to start winning playoff games obviously, but if you build a continual winner than those will come too.

Go Bombers.

7 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I know it's a Captain Obvious statement but we need to finish 1st in the west next year so that we have one less game to win to get to the big game. I think if we shore up our defense this is a realistic goal. Our offense, with Nicholls and Harris, will be strong for a few more years.

Slow and painful way to progress if they keep losing their first playoff game. :D

You keep winning double digit games sooner or later you will get to the big show and win that one. Stability is key and right now the team is pretty stable. OL is solid with some depth around, got a qb that the team has unquestioned faith in, got the base of a good DL in place, the foundation is there. There will be changes as there always are, right now it's just finding the right mix in other areas. 

I think we need some more impact Canadian players truthfully. Especially when Westerman went down the ratio situation on this team got a bit dicey... There's a lot of depth in this teams Canadians, but they really are lacking some of the real high end Canadians throughout the lineup. Could use Ekakitie stepping up and being a legit full time guy on the DL and maybe we need to have someone step up and allow 3 on the OL, maybe even find another receiver options and go 2 there so we can stop having to shoe horn the muckers in all over the D. 

11 minutes ago, Floyd said:

But over the course of the past 27 seasons, the Bombers had a 96.5 per cent chance of winning one championship, when you factor in the number of teams in the CFL during each season from 1991 to 2017 and the odds of winning the Grey Cup during each of those seasons.

Holy shitballs, that is depressing.

16 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

But over the course of the past 27 seasons, the Bombers had a 96.5 per cent chance of winning one championship, when you factor in the number of teams in the CFL during each season from 1991 to 2017 and the odds of winning the Grey Cup during each of those seasons.

Holy shitballs, that is depressing.

This is the most ridiculously incompetent math statistic ever.  That's like saying my odds of getting struck by lightning increase with every thunderstorm I am not struck by lightning.