Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

Derek Dennis was the target of Demond Washington's classless and disgusting act last night: http://3downnation.com/2017/09/16/riders-ol-derek-dennis-target-of-ticats-demond-washington-spit/

“I guess he thought I was trying to be with dirty him, when I really wasn’t, just an accidental hand hit him. I guess it hit him in the stomach or somewhere,” Dennis explained to CJME’s Arielle Zerr. “He came up to me talking mess. I just told him like ‘you’re just a little DB I’m not going to sit here and argue with you for no reason, if you really got a problem with me we can address it later’ and I guess he took it upon himself to spit in my face.”

“I know that winning the game is more important to me than settling personal beefs, but I’m not happy about it,”

It'd be nice to see the league slap a fine on Washington. There's no place in sports for that kind of nasty ****.

“I guess he thought I was trying to be with dirty him, when I really wasn’t, just an accidental hand hit him. I guess it hit him in the stomach or somewhere,” Dennis

Of all the lame reasonings offered for his actions.. Yea, I believe you Dennis.

And that assault by Washington...gross and vile. His excuses ain't worth spit..

21 hours ago, Goalie said:

Nope. Several players including mo leggett posted stuff on twitter a while back about Bass. 

The fact he asked for his release says it all really.. 

It's not quite as black and white as it seems.  the following article explains his disgruntlement in more detail.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/local-sports/redblacks-release-disgruntled-linebacker-khalil-bass

Here is an excerpt.

“(Bass) wasn’t going to be starting on defence (in Montreal),” Redblacks GM Marcel Desjardins. “Serderius (Bryant) was going to start at WILL (linebacker), Khalil was going to back up (Taylor Reed) at MIKE (linebacker). That didn’t sit well with him.”

Bass had been doing a slow burn inside for nearly two months. After missing a 24-19 victory against the Alouettes on July 19 because of an injury, he returned for a July 24 loss against the Toronto Argonauts, but his reps had been reduced.

“My reps had been decreasing every week, all the way back to the Toronto game, my first game back from being injured,” Bass said Friday. “I felt, when the game was on the line, I wasn’t in. It showed me they didn’t believe in me when I felt I needed to be on the field. All I wanted to do was help the team win and I wasn’t on the field to do that. I didn’t feel like they had a belief in me and my abilities. I just didn’t fit into their plans.”

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It's not quite as black and white as it seems.  the following article explains his disgruntlement in more detail.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/local-sports/redblacks-release-disgruntled-linebacker-khalil-bass

Here is an excerpt.

“(Bass) wasn’t going to be starting on defence (in Montreal),” Redblacks GM Marcel Desjardins. “Serderius (Bryant) was going to start at WILL (linebacker), Khalil was going to back up (Taylor Reed) at MIKE (linebacker). That didn’t sit well with him.”

Bass had been doing a slow burn inside for nearly two months. After missing a 24-19 victory against the Alouettes on July 19 because of an injury, he returned for a July 24 loss against the Toronto Argonauts, but his reps had been reduced.

“My reps had been decreasing every week, all the way back to the Toronto game, my first game back from being injured,” Bass said Friday. “I felt, when the game was on the line, I wasn’t in. It showed me they didn’t believe in me when I felt I needed to be on the field. All I wanted to do was help the team win and I wasn’t on the field to do that. I didn’t feel like they had a belief in me and my abilities. I just didn’t fit into their plans.”

Hes not a team player... Doubt bombers have serious interest.. I mean, he pretty much makes it known that if he isnt playing he isnt staying.. Thats not the type of guy Bombers would want. 

5 minutes ago, BBlink said:

The Cirque Du Alouettes continues. That safety taken by their DB was incredible 

I don't think I've ever seen that on an INT through just pure indecisiveness.  I've seen someone double back to try to get around he corner and give up a safety but that was next level stupidity by Campbell.  Even their good plays are bad.