Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

1 hour ago, Dirty30 said:

What are the realistic chances of the Bombers bringing in an NFL castoff or two in the next couple weeks? If so would would be most likely to be brought in ?

I couldn't see anyone besides Aaron Grymes getting a look. And even that seems pretty slim, as I'm sure he'll want to be compensated well.

We had a pretty good Dline when Okp was injured.. 

Jeffcoat Nevis Poop Westerman. Corny. Thomas rotating. 

Okp came back and the D line has got less pressure now cuz its Nevis or Poop who are both monsters sitting so Okp can play. Trade or cut the guy and get back to what WAS working. 

Okp traded? Hmm maybe but.. His value is pretty low.. Wouldnt get much back.. I could see TO or Hamilton for him but for what? Not much. 

Edited by Goalie

I was pretty excited to sign Okpalaugo, after suffering through guys like Greg Peach I thought it would be nice to have a different maker in that spot.

It's a shame he's struggled so much, but it would still be nice if we could flip him for someone else. Getting Ricky Collins from the Riders for example would've been a mutually beneficial trade.

28 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I was pretty excited to sign Okpalaugo, after suffering through guys like Greg Peach I thought it would be nice to have a different maker in that spot.

It's a shame he's struggled so much, but it would still be nice if we could flip him for someone else. Getting Ricky Collins from the Riders for example would've been a mutually beneficial trade.

Okpalaugo...? How has he struggled?

11 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Okpalaugo...? How has he struggled?

He hasn't been as good as he was his first go around in the CFL and he basically lost his job to Jeffcoat. Only reason he is on the roster presumably is because the Bombers feel they owe him a spot with the contract they gave him. The fact is though this is a better team when he is off the roster and Nevis+Poop are on the roster. As discussed Jeffcoat has been better so yeah, a big FA signing who is only on the roster cause of his contract is definitely a guy who is struggling. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

He hasn't been as good as he was his first go around in the CFL and he basically lost his job to Jeffcoat. Only reason he is on the roster presumably is because the Bombers feel they owe him a spot with the contract they gave him. The fact is though this is a better team when he is off the roster and Nevis+Poop are on the roster. As discussed Jeffcoat has been better so yeah, a big FA signing who is only on the roster cause of his contract is definitely a guy who is struggling. 

Okpalaugo was more noticeable in the last game, but far from dominant. Considering the dearth of D-line talent on the rosters of the Esks, Lions, Argos and Ticats, you'd think he would be in demand.

11 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Ricky Collins is a TiCat.  And we already have more import receivers than we can dress, guys we actually want to dress.

I'd take a draft pick or a linebacker maybe and not much else for the current roster.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

Okpalaugo was more noticeable in the last game, but far from dominant. Considering the dearth of D-line talent on the rosters of the Esks, Lions, Argos and Ticats, you'd think he would be in demand.

Argos have tons of DL.

The only teams I could really see being interested in Okpalaugo are the Lions, Ticats and maybe Als, but everyone is going to have issues with his salary.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

How has he not? He's been a fairly big disappointment, IMO.

He was injured, which was disappointing. He's recorded 11 tackles and a sack in 5 GP, though. I also have to imagine he's added a few QB pressures. All this while rotating with Jeffcoat.

But fair enough. He was considered a big deal FA signing and obviously hasn't lived up to his previous work in the CFL.

Edited by blue_gold_84

12 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He was injured, which was disappointing. He's recorded 11 tackles and a sack in 5 GP, though. I also have to imagine he's added a few QB pressures. All this while rotating with Jeffcoat.

But fair enough. He was considered a big deal FA signing and obviously hasn't lived up to his previous work in the CFL.

Getting injured was about the best thing he did for us all year.

One sack in 5 games is not good. At all. That's not good for somebody like Shayon Green, nevermind a guy we're paying 140k a year to.

PS - as for Okpalaugo's QB pressures, you can't really see how many he has because CFL has awful statistics but what you can see is that he couldn't possibly have more than 3 otherwise he'd be on the published list of leaders that CFL puts out. So that puts him at 1 sack and no more than 3 pressures in 5 games, which prorates out over a full season to less than what Jeffcoat has already in half a season.