D. Adams

Booch

Interesting to note that after Darvin's first 10 games this year combined with his 8 last year he has put up the numbers of 109 receptions...1356 yards (avg 12.4 yds a catch) and 11 TD'S over the course of a season, not to mention 9 more receptions for 240 yards and 2 TD's over his last 2.

Now if those aren't elite receiver numbers to put to bed the notion that he isn't an "elite" receiver then I don't know what is.....not to mention the yac he gets with tough yards and key second down grabs he makes.  Very impressive for when at the time his signing was kind of met with a "meh" and " Who dat" kind of impression

Man if we could add another burner, or an Alfred Jackson type (last years version) to the mix with what we currently employ on offence with Harris and Flanders...damn look out 

Edited by Booch

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Interesting to note that after Darvin's first 10 games this year combined with his 8 last year he has put up the numbers of 109 receptions...1356 yards (avg 12.4 yds a catch) and 11 TD'S over the course of a season, not to mention 9 more receptions for 240 yards and 2 TD's over his last 2.

Now if those aren't elite receiver numbers to put to bed the notion that he isn't an "elite" receiver then I don't know what is.....not to mention the yac he gets with tough yards and key second down grabs he makes.  Very impressive for when at the time his signing was kind of met with a "meh" and " Who dat" kind of impression

Man if we could add another burner, or an Alfred Jackson(last years version) to the mix with what we currently employ on offence with Harris and Flanders...damn look out 

what about the other 3 games from this year? Or was he injured and I'm having a brain stall.....?

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Man if we could add another burner, or an Alfred Jackson(last years version) to the mix with what we currently employ on offence with Harris and Flanders...damn look out 

He has become an absolute stud.  Kudos to the coaching staff/scouting staff for seeing his potential when he had never cracked 300 yards in 2 years in Toronto.  IMO he is a top 3 receiver in the league right now.  Or top 5 at the very least.

4 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

Remember when people wanted to release Adams.

You could say that about any player or coach that has had success.  There was always an idiot or group of idiots that wanted them cut or fired.  Hell we are 10-3 and people are talking about whether Richie Hall's job should be in jeopardy.  You can't please everyone all the time.

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

i was just summarizing  the last full consecutive 18 games he had played...last years eight and this first 10 to get a general sense of what a full season would have been and not just cherry pick the best 18 games

So you're saying those number don't even include the last two games?... over 240ish yards and 2 TDs against Ottawa and Edmonton...

Edited by bearpants

Very impressive for when at the time his signing was kind of met with a "meh" and " Who dat" kind of impression

He was called lazy and disinterested here by a few people

This is exactly what I remember being said about Adams. Many, who watched practices, said he looked lazy and disinterested. And many, who watched games, said he didn’t run full out, and ‘disappeared’ in some games. Now, it seems, many of those posters have ‘disappeared’.

15 minutes ago, bearpants said:

So you're saying those number don't even include the last two games?... over 240ish yards and 2 TDs against Ottawa and Edmonton...

Nope....it was the 8 games last year and the first 10 this year to  show what 18 game season would be. I guess if you went all games this year and backtracked to 18 the numbers might be even better

I've been one of those people who has called Adams 'disinterested' at times .. I stand by it.   He's always been the kind of guy who, unless you get him involved early, has had a tendency to check out a bit  .. it's in those moments you'll see him struggle with drops / consistency ..  has the team made a more concerted effort to get him going .. maybe he drank the Koolaid is is more onboard with what we're doing offensively .. who knows.  

All I know is that he's playing to the level he's always been capable of and I'm damned appreciative of it.  Doesn't change the fact that early in his career (and early in his time as a Bomber) he didn't always show that same level of effort.

Maybe Adams looked disinterested... maybe once way back when. I would, too, if I had no QB to throw me the ball or a competent OC to draw up plays. I don't believe he was ever disinterested, though.

All that said, he has absolutely blossomed under the current duo of Nichols and LaPolice and has no doubt threw his hat in the all-star ring this season. He's been on a tear recently and his chemistry with Nichols is pretty unbelievable. That catch the other night at Commonwealth was incredible. 

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Adams is balling.

I'm with Booch, if we could add another elite guy to go with Adams and our running back duo, look out.

Have we heard anything about the new receiver who arrived last week (Brown?). Could he be the piece we need to replace Dressler?

it would open up so much underneath stuff it would be unreal. Another giy who would really benefit from that would be Denny...unsung hero here on boards a lot of the time but probably our most polished and reliable receiver

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

it would open up so much underneath stuff it would be unreal. Another giy who would really benefit from that would be Denny...unsung hero here on boards a lot of the time but probably our most polished and reliable receiver

I think it was you who mentioned that Denny is a really great piece as a third wr. So true.