Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

Just now, iHeart said:

I do have memories of having that pizza, and I don't remember the taste really it was so long ago I'm sure I liked it, but McD's made it clear that they are never ever ever bringing it back

Why did they get rid of the Grand Big Mac? That was the size the regular Big Mac was twenty years ago. 

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It's Bowl Way, don't you know??? I wouldn't touch one of those bowl meals with a 10 foot pole as they look disgusting. It's like when McDonald's sold pizza. Subway is way outside it's comfort zone with that ****. 

I have to respectfully disagree. I find them quite tasty.

14 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Was that the first thing MCD microwaved?

In the late 90's they had frozen pizzas that was heated up in an oven.   

I think they only microwaved burgers with cheese in order to melt the cheese.  

32 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

I have to respectfully disagree. I find them quite tasty.

My wife had the Caribbean jerk chicken bowl it was real chicken (not the weird chicken they use in the sandwiches) and everything was large in size and super fresh. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-01-18 at 2:21 PM, Bubba Zanetti said:

Not really a "Winnipeg" story but i imagine these guys will be coming here eventually. Good news. Subway needs some competition.

U.S. sandwich brands Jimmy John's, Jersey Mike's to expand in Canada (citynews.ca)

eh close enough I did say I wanted something from the Waverly end of town down here

May be an image of text that says 'FIREHOUSE SUBS Join Our Team! Coming Soon FIREHOUSE ..SUBS. Coming Soon Follow on Instagram: @FirehouseSubsMB FIREHOUSE SUBS Follow on Instagram: @FirehouseSubsMB'

Edited by iHeart

D9XJ4Vp.jpeg

JQeMlbW.jpeg

Tried out Kings on Sun Valley Road here in North Kildonan.    I'd say the shawarma was full of flavour and the meat was really tender and juicy.   The fries were a bit over seasoned so it's really salty.  Overall it's on the same level as Ramallah on Munroe and a good place to check out.   

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

eh close enough I did say I wanted something from the Waverly end of town down here

May be an image of text that says 'FIREHOUSE SUBS Join Our Team! Coming Soon FIREHOUSE ..SUBS. Coming Soon Follow on Instagram: @FirehouseSubsMB FIREHOUSE SUBS Follow on Instagram: @FirehouseSubsMB'

We got some at work last Friday from the Sterling Lyon location. I had the Firehouse Meatball and really enjoyed it. Wayyy better than Subway. The other guys were pretty impressed too. A little bit more $ than Subway but worth the extra. Theyre getting destroyed however on google reviews due to the time its taking to get orders out. Seems like its really disorganized and under staffed. People complaining of nearly hour long waits. We had no problems but i guess there are peak hours where theyre falling behind big time. Better get their s**t straightened out soon or people will stop going.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

We got some at work last Friday from the Sterling Lyon location. I had the Firehouse Meatball and really enjoyed it. Wayyy better than Subway. The other guys were pretty impressed too. A little bit more $ than Subway but worth the extra. Theyre getting destroyed however on google reviews due to the time its taking to get orders out. Seems like its really disorganized and under staffed. People complaining of nearly hour long waits. We had no problems but i guess there are peak hours where theyre falling behind big time. Better get their s**t straightened out soon or people will stop going.

hour long waits? how long has this location been open?

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Google reviews go back a couple months so im guessing December?

well if they've been open since December then maybe they're still trying to get things in order, I've always been told not to go to a restaurant or fast food joint on opening day because there would be disorganization

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

well if they've been open since December then maybe they're still trying to get things in order, I've always been told not to go to a restaurant or fast food joint on opening day because there would be disorganization

True but this seems beyond disorganized. Nearly every second review is 1 star. A lot of people losing their minds.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

D9XJ4Vp.jpeg

JQeMlbW.jpeg

Tried out Kings on Sun Valley Road here in North Kildonan.    I'd say the shawarma was full of flavour and the meat was really tender and juicy.   The fries were a bit over seasoned so it's really salty.  Overall it's on the same level as Ramallah on Munroe and a good place to check out.   

Is that the same as the Kings in Westwood? Same thoughts, if so. The shawarma was good but the fries are over seasoned.