Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

Am I the only one who remembers Arby's having garbage food?   I'm talking Taco Bell/McDonalds low quality level food?

No not at all, Arby's was pretty bad, but like McDonalds it was sometimes exactly the nasty trash food you were craving. I could happily demolish 2 beef sandwiches right now but I'd hate myself for it later. The buns might be the worst part, just gut bombs

4 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

No not at all, Arby's was pretty bad, but like McDonalds it was sometimes exactly the nasty trash food you were craving. I could happily demolish 2 beef sandwiches right now but I'd hate myself for it later. The buns might be the worst part, just gut bombs

So basically Taco bell in sandwich form :D 

*checks menu again* awesome! (mom's excited because she loves their salads, I love their breadsticks) from facebook: BIG NEWS!! Sorrento's Pizzeria will be opening in our parking lot in front of H&M later this winter! Stay tuned for opening day details.

410862467_747209714107451_79945615609162

Edited by iHeart

12 hours ago, iHeart said:

*checks menu again* awesome! (mom's excited because she loves their salads, I love their breadsticks) from facebook: BIG NEWS!! Sorrento's Pizzeria will be opening in our parking lot in front of H&M later this winter! Stay tuned for opening day details.

410862467_747209714107451_79945615609162

Last spring while my MIL was in Seven Oaks we ate at the McPhilips location a few times. Pizza and salads are good but the rest of the menu falls a little flat. I have a hard time seeing this be a full concept location given the old Fast Fired location they are going in too. I hope success for all locals but this one makes me wonder…

46 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Last spring while my MIL was in Seven Oaks we ate at the McPhilips location a few times. Pizza and salads are good but the rest of the menu falls a little flat. I have a hard time seeing this be a full concept location given the old Fast Fired location they are going in too. I hope success for all locals but this one makes me wonder…

It's not going into the fast fired lot they're building a new place where that fenced in area currently is in the parking lot

4 hours ago, iHeart said:

It's not going into the fast fired lot they're building a new place where that fenced in area currently is in the parking lot

Wow this city really likes erecting new buildings and not filling out the many empty locations that already exist.  

Sorrentos seems like such a tired old brand,  but maybe they'll hit it lucky since the Transcona area for some bizarre reason loves cheap over priced "Italian Food"  since Olive Garden is always packed.  

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Lol. Ok, do you actually like any restaurants?

I'm not a fan of cheap fast food or generic chain restaurants.    

I'm a much bigger fan of the non chain local restaurants that make everything fresh and with higher quality ingredients.      These days most family chain restaurants are hurting because the younger generation usually have higher standards,  and for Sorrentos the menu for the other locations is kind of stuck in the 80's.    I'll give it a try and leave a review once it does open since it is nearby and they do have kids meals.    Until then I'll complain and just tell people to visit Roxy's in Selkirk or Jonseys in East St Paul for all your restaurant needs.  

23 hours ago, iHeart said:

Not true, if you go to the original KP Facebook post they comment that it is going in the building with Qdoba and the under construction nail salon. The construction in the lot itself is for future development. 

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm not a fan of cheap fast food or generic chain restaurants.    

I'm a much bigger fan of the non chain local restaurants that make everything fresh and with higher quality ingredients.      These days most family chain restaurants are hurting because the younger generation usually have higher standards,  and for Sorrentos the menu for the other locations is kind of stuck in the 80's.    I'll give it a try and leave a review once it does open since it is nearby and they do have kids meals.    Until then I'll complain and just tell people to visit Roxy's in Selkirk or Jonseys in East St Paul for all your restaurant needs.  

What kills me about Sorrento’s is that the menu has a great looking pasta dish on it that is let one of their menu items, some stock photo the designer used…

so is it going to be a sorrento's express or are they getting rid of the nail salon?

speaking of which I wonder what will go into the old Starbucks at Kildonan Crossing since that one's been emptied out and the signage for the new starbucks is up

Edited by iHeart