Bombers @ Redblacks

M.O.A.B.

While he didn't go into details (obviously), it was interesting that Bauming had tweeted earlier this week that the Bombers were doing some interesting and creative things on offense during practice this week. Wonder if that has to do with Flanders packages, maybe...

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

That receiving core sans Dressler isn't intimidating whatsoever. This might be the game to try Harris & Flanders together.

And that's the key to surprising the RedBlacks with our unassuming lineup of receivers. It would be a good time to break out the Offensive package that has us spreading the ball around and featuring our weapons like Flanders and Harris. This has the hallmarks of being a very exciting game..

This game is also a good opportunity for Nichols to quiet the naysayers who refer to him as a "game manager" and "caretaker". 

When Nichols took over last year, we had Denmark and a bunch of scrubs out there and we were still winning game after game. It's nice to know that we can still win despite major injuries. 

If he goes out there and gets us a another win without Dress, there won't be much anyone can say to discount him anymore. 

Edited by Blueandgold

A day in the life of a D-lineman

“Coach (Todd) Howard came over and he was like ‘Welcome to the club. You’re finally part of the D-line, you got your first dislocated finger,’” Corney said after practice. “Then he showed me his fingers and they were all mangled and stuff.

He impressed his teammates by immediately returning to practice after the finger was restored to its proper position and even drew huge cheers for his effort.

“Trent, Trent, Trent, Trent,” the players chanted as he ran back onto the field and prepared for the weekly sled-throwing contest.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/08/02/blue-bombers-corney-dislocates-finger-at-practice?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+feedrinse%2FRWsG+(Blue+Bombers+Channel)

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I quote tweeted this last night....was legitimately surprised. I mean, EVERYONE.....?

I am surprised it's everyone, but Ottawa's offense, is what, 1st or 2nd in the league, and our defense is, well..... not.   So I'm not completely shocked.

Edited by BomberBall

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I quote tweeted this last night....was legitimately surprised. I mean, EVERYONE.....?

Ya I saw this and was quite taken aback.  not one pundit is giving us some love.. time to prove the doubters wrong (though, maybe they knew Dressler was out and are basing this on that?  *shrug*)

bulletin board material.